Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 5v5 challenge
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:35 pm 

I was issued a 5v5 challenge from Haniel earlier on the forums.

I accept and think it would be a fun oppourtunity for both guilds.

I beleive that no one is like the character they play in a MMORPG or by the way that they speak in those games, so imho you can't judge a person that way. As much dislike I have for the way your guild is in game, I still find by the way your guild's players post, that you do have some quality people.

So I would like to put a extension on this 5v5. If it were to go all well and fine, with no childish acts or cheap tactics from either side that we again could further the fun and set up 20v20, 30v30 etc wars, maybe fight till one side is completely wiped..etc..whatever ideas we have.

That is just an idea I had if this all goes well.

I came onto IRC but didn't see Haniel around to go over the 5v5.

The only IM program I use is MSN messenger and if anyone that will be partaking in that 5v5 wants to contact me there so we can set things up, pm me and we'll sort that out.

So from a person's point of view, this could be fun and a really good experience for both guilds.

And as a player, your all going down you dirty sons a b****'s!

:)

Nightfire of Eminent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:38 pm 

Ya, I saw this thread on the forums and would love to be one of the 5 to challenge you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:46 pm 

i also forgot to mention that were usually instance raiding (im sure you are too) on fridays and saturdays....so sunday would be the first good day for us to set this up.

whoever is gonna be the "leader" of your party, please gimme a pm and we'll sort out things

i however will be offline until either tomorrow afternoon or late tomorrow, possibly even sunday afternoon, so ill get in touch as soon as i can.

Nightfire of Eminent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:08 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Sounds great, fair fights are hard to find, and this will be a lot of fun for everyone I'm sure.

For just one basic ground rule.. how about only one class type per group? For instance, we won't bring 5 rogues, or 5 paladins, heh. A healer-heavy group would definitely have an advantage too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:49 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Haniel wrote:
Sounds great, fair fights are hard to find, and this will be a lot of fun for everyone I'm sure.

For just one basic ground rule.. how about only one class type per group? For instance, we won't bring 5 rogues, or 5 paladins, heh. A healer-heavy group would definitely have an advantage too.

Or 4 mages and a Priest =D
Or 4 shammys and mage =D
or 5 shadow priests =D
hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:54 pm 

Haniel wrote:

yeah i like that rule too

one of our members that we want to participate is going on vacation as of monday, so we'd like to do this at some time tomorrow if thats cool with you guys.

2 other suggestions from my side were 1) no potions and 2) no trinkets....just so it's all relying on your class abilities and skill

what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:45 pm 

I like the 1 of each class rule.

I'm in favour of allowing potions, especially if people can use First Aid. If this is a long fight there is no harm in a mage using a mana potion so he's not beating people down with his staff, that way everyone can still be used at their full potential.

As for no trinkets...

*Asok uses Linken's Boomerang on Nightfire*
*Nightfire was tickled for 3 points of damage*
*Nightfire laughs at Asok* :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:17 pm 

well how about we have fights with potions and fights without......im sure were not going to organize all this just for one fight...im sure we'll have a few rounds at least

so that works :)

Asok's from toronto huh...better not kill me or ill hunt you down :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:01 pm 

haha u from the area?

I know about 6 active WoW players in the Toronto area

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:23 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Eh.. I'm for no potions, because then it depends on who has the good ones to bring.

As for trinkets though, if you're wearing an active use trinket like ramstein that means you're not wearing a passive trinket, and somepeople have focused on getting one type instead of the other. In a 'real' fight, trinkets and engineering stuff would be used (as would potions, but as I said availability can be limiting).

So I'd like no potions, trinkets allowed, unless someone is really against that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:32 am 

Asok yeah.....approx 45 mins SW of the city.....

we can set up fight per fight...which rules we'll use in each...im not too picky.....i just wanna have fun as im sure you guys do too

think you can pull together a team of 5 for tomorrow?

haniel pm me some either MSN / IRC / Vent/ TS info.....however you wanna contact so we can set up time and place etc

NF

edit---> unless im just tired....i didnt notice a PM section on your forums......my email is on my profile if you wanna contact me that way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:36 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

lets just use TS.. there's no telling when we'll wake up, and me, guns, hulex, benji, etc are always on TS

If you guys want to bring more than 5 we could bring more as well, or we can each just bring 5 good people, we'll discuss it in TS tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:32 pm 

Haniel wrote:
lets just use TS.. there's no telling when we'll wake up, and me, guns, hulex, benji, etc are always on TS

If you guys want to bring more than 5 we could bring more as well, or we can each just bring 5 good people, we'll discuss it in TS tomorrow

alright sounds cool, you'll have to relay your TS info to me, ill come onto IRC for one of your members to give me it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:10 pm 

im on your TS server now...tho i can't speak or switch channels.

ill be here for a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:15 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

ack, i didnt mean TS, i meant IRC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next