Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Strange Thing with SCT
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ever since the 1.9 patch my scrolling combat text no longer displays criticals. I have the option turned on in the new menu, but it still does not work. Aeacus has stated that he has the same problem. I always run the latest version of SCT, but even with total uninstalls for WoW due to a computer format it still does not work. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:50 pm 

Unequip DFT and it should work fine. It's SCTs way of letting you know you're a dirty, dirty hunter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:04 pm 

I donno, but SCT seems to use pretty generic variable names, which are often overwritten by small mods that also use generic variable names. Most bigger mods tend to make it SCTvarname. I suggest disabling some mods until you figure out which one it is that might be screwing with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:51 pm 
get Critline imo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:17 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

DeusPayne wrote:
I donno, but SCT seems to use pretty generic variable names, which are often overwritten by small mods that also use generic variable names. Most bigger mods tend to make it SCTvarname. I suggest disabling some mods until you figure out which one it is that might be screwing with it.

Eh? No. Most of sct's variables are locally scoped (ie won't be overwritten by variables in other addons). Even so, all of sct's global variables are prefixed with SCT or SCT_ in agreement with convention.

Dante, I would suggest looking at the sct_event_config.lua file. Search for "critical hits" (line 110 for me) and uncomment the two lines under it by removing the double hyphen "--":

Quote:
--[15] = {name="Critical! (*1: *3)", argcount=3, search="Your (.+) crits (.+) for (%d+)", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256},
--[16] = {name="Critical! (*2)", argcount=2, search="You crit (.+) for (%d+)", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256},

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:23 pm 

Eh, I donno, all i've noticed is that when i run SCCN and SCT together, they both use the same variable names, so the configs get messed up. (I get an error with some sColor variable)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]