Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:48 am 

From what I understood, Illidan is yes, undefeatable by us at this point. However, I thought I read somewhere (probably a rumor), that we would engage Illidan with a full 40 Horde and 40 Alliance, and weaken him to the point of "negotiation". Then he would help us get to Arthas. However, this may be happening in the Caverns of Time or whatever, so it may not be the current form of Illidan, nor the current form of Arthas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am 

Hykos wrote:
A Blizzard producer has already stated that Illidan is too strong for even level 70's to handle and will require a raid of higher leveled players. One would assume of course that if that is the case then he will not be an encounter in the expansion. They also said that he is the strongest character in the warcaft universe, so to include him in the first expansion seems rediculous, they would only be shooting themselves in the foot limiting the amount of major content to look forward to in future expansions. He will more than likely require a raid of Hero Classes to be defeated.

I have yet to read one article or interview from a blizzard rep that states "Illidan will be an encounter in the first expansion". It is mentioned in articles such as the one linked above, but it is not directly from the horses mouth, just an article from someone trying to fill magazine space with assumptions and speculations.

The expansion "leading up to" Illidan and including a fight with Illidan are two different things.

Those comments were all made about Arthas.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofw ... =exclusive

That is an presentation from blizzcon where they say "You get to go to black temple and kick his (Illidan's) ass".

Edit:
I found ( Ok Victoria found it cause I suck at the intranet ) the article where Metzen makes the comments about arthas at level 70.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcr ... 576p2.html

Quote:
Finally, someone asked about Arthas. When are players going to get to beat him down? Metzen seemd to relish the prospect. "Oh yeah, he's gonna get his!" he said. But it's not going to happen anytime soon. "At level 70? No way!" Metzen said, "The game has to catch up to him." So yeah, that's one massive villain that players won't get to hammer on for quite some time... but he's out there, a looming presence, sneering in the distance. Someday friends! Someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:38 am 

Ah, that quote looks familiar, but I think I read it in another article about the same meeting. I thought in the same interview/round table/whatever they said Illidan in his current form is the strongest person in the game, meaning stronger than Arthas, which would therefor imply that we won't be fighting him either at lvl 70.

And yeah, the horde+Alliance fight is rumored to be part of the Caverns of Time instance that sends you to The Battle of Mount Hyjal or something along those lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 am 

i dont realy think were gonna kill illidan. but that doesnt mean we wont fight him. meaning its gonna be more of a majorhomo fight where we stop attacking becuse he becomes sane again(do to his brother bitching in his head and us curb stomping him). maybe he even goes back to the old way he looked and helps in another expo(i.e. helps hold the one foot on northrend with the bloodelfs/demons/dranei he still comands.

but whos to say yea maybe he will be so powerfull he can just stomp us if we fuck around to much(which seems to be the way bosses are going). but blizz will makes some idoic way to weaking him. then the gang bang will comence :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:50 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Quote:
Illidan in his current form is the strongest person in the game

Correct. Arthas is not in the game at present and won't be this expansion.

I assume that the heroes lost on the other side of the dark portal will assist us with Illidan in the end. Of course I assumed those lame ass dragons in Ahn'Qiraj would help us with C'Thun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:55 am 

I found a post over on the lore forums at pvprp that suggests one possible route for Illidan within WoW. I thought it was an interesting read if nothing else...

http://www.pvprp.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... ht=illidan

Quote:
Upon the defeat of Illidan in the black citadel, Malfurion Stormrage who assists you in the encounter, imprisons him. He leaves behind a chest of sorts as the loot.

When Northrend opens up, the last boss will be the Lich King, much like when Outland opens up the last boss will be Illidan. However, the only way to beat the Lich King is with Illidan's help. He will assist the raid party when you go through a long key quest, much like the one in UBRS with Vaelastraz helping you against Rend. It won't actually be the key, however, but a quest involving creating an artifact to free Illidan from imprisonment and bring him to aid you. He will help the raid party against the seemingly invincible Lich King, destroying the scourge forever and redeeming himself to his people.

This will not be thle last heard of Illidan, however...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:52 pm 

i see two raid lvl dungons the titan city(which may or may not be held by the forces of an old god. see UD TFT campain.) and the frozen throne its self. but who know maybe they make the whole zone a raid zone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:38 pm 

Northrend will have a lot of places..

Uldur - the 3rd and final Titan Vault to go along with Uldaman and Uldum.
Gundrak - A city of Ice Trolls.
Azjol-Nerub - Whatever is left of this place.
The Great Dragonblight - Said to be the place where all dragons fly to as they near death. Guarded by the blue dragonflight, but we all know how every race on Azeroth likes to make the blue flight their bitches so expect tons of Frost Wyrms here.

and of course Icecrown where we will go head to head with Arthas himself.

Also expect to fight Anub'arak and some form of an Old God, in its full power or possibly even having fallen prey to the plague aswell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:13 pm 

Thibbledorf wrote:
Also expect to fight Anub'arak and some form of an Old God, in its full power or possibly even having fallen prey to the plague aswell.

i doubt an old god whould be taken by the plague.......

more likly its a battle between the forces of the old god and ner'arthas. legions and legions of undead that dont stay down vrs the suped up warriors the old god scrounged up(twilights, naga maybe, and maybe he was even able to regain control of the remaining nerub armys). which immo whould be a good way to explain why ner'arthas hasnt ridin his frost wyrm down and pimp slaped the forsaken queen(he hates her..... alot) and raped the colective of the azoroth.

and thats what i ment uldur chould be where the titans bured the old god. explaining why the dorfs opened it in the first place releaseing the old god and why Anub'arak knew what was their.

dragonblight sounds like raid zone immo and knowing blizz theyll make Gundrak a 20 man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:32 pm 

I REALLY hope they don't call him ner'arthas when we fight him :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:37 pm 

well i think its either that if their minds mixed or some new name. but ner'zhul might have just destroyed arthas's mind saving only his memorys so he can swing his sword with style. so ner'arthas, ner'zhul, or bob is what were looking at

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2