[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - This is disgusting...

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: This is disgusting...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:50 pm 

Hey all,

Just came across this site while I was surfing in the office.

http://www.enjoywow.com/

I thought the object of the game was to play and overcome obstacles by using the tools at hand (weapons, armor, grouping, questing...) to become better. Well, I guess we are headed into the "buy my character, weapon, armor, xp, trade, etc" zone of EQ now.

It disgusts me. :x :evil: :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:58 pm 

Totally lame and ridiculous, I wish Blizzard had the power to stop such nonsense, but there isn't much to do about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:37 pm 

Wow, not only is that uhhh stupid. But those are rediculous prices lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:42 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Reminiscent of Lineage 2. Hope they don't ruin the game for the rest of us. I despise farmers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:53 pm 

Yep - saw that....bogus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:42 pm 

Shit like this ruined everquest, now its already started on wow. Although its just a game, people are looking for anything to make money. Pisses me off.

Rorin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:48 pm 

I wouldn't worry about it too much... It seems like WoW is designed to where you don't need much more gold than you already find leveling to support your character. Maybe at level 60 when you are trying to find the "ub3r l337" gear you will need to save for gold. But by that time saving 100 gold won't be that hard (definetly not worth $360 real life cash). I don't think these guys will be able to make much money in this game; I'm not too concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:59 am 

lol if these guys even get one customer I'll have something to laugh about as I go to sleep for the next 6 weeks while I'm stuck out of game over my winter break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:08 am 

You have a good point Kelvin. It doesn't worry me that they are charging ridiculous amounts for gold and such that you can basically get yourself... What bothers me is just that they try to exist. I just find the whole money-making scheme crazy.

Aggro... ... ... :evil:

P.S. Kelvin, your signature is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:11 am 

I don't see how that is legal at all... Blizzard has to be able to do something about they. Someone is making money off of their product.... it's kinda like if you buy a movie, you can't copy it and redistribute it.... ok well that's a little different but same basic prinicple. I'm curious now to see what legal action is allowable in this situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:18 am 

wtf is that, doing money like diablo 2, shhh

Post subject: I wonder
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:28 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:51 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:27 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:53 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next