Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 pm 

Hey there again guys. I am still contemplating coming out of WoW-tirement and I think I may bring my DK over from Burning Blade as he's my only 80 and pretty well geared. (up to the middle of Ulduar)

Anyways, it's been a LONG time since I've logged on and I've been keeping tabs on various forums and places such as mmo-champ and I've seen many of changes pretty much all classes but amongst them, I seem to notice a lot of gripes towards DK changes.

My question is this: What is considered to be the perfered raiding spec for a DK? I recall before I left it was a toss up between Unholy and 2h Frost (at least in the circles i ran in during early Ulduar days). I'm trying to do my research before I make my decision to come back or not. Otherwise I may just choose to take my time and level Kujo to 80 or even my warrior, whatever there is more of a need for.

Anyways, thanks for any help.

-Lodaric

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:44 pm 

Blood has been a pretty solid choice since release, and has despite a few ups and downs never been a bad raiding spec.
In the beginning unholy was the only way to go, but raids were restricted to one UH death knight because Ebon Plague didn't stack. Then when UH was nerfed, blood was pretty much the only way to go. Frost hasn't been any good for ages, and from what I've seen so far, the dual wield buff didn't do anything to change that. UH was buffed this patch however, and I think it has beaten blood (which was nerfed in terms of cleave damage) on both single and aoe dps.
Take a close look at your gear. If it has armor penetration all over it, go blood. If it's haste, go UH. That's the best advice I can give, either works at the moment :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]