Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone going to NYCC?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

New York comic con.
Kindof iffy here. I have a 2 books I'm expecting to be working on during that time. As well as a wedding shortly after, leaving me very busy during that period.
Considering it though.

Have some Booster Gold, Dave and I collabed on.

Beyond that. How is everyone?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:17 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Sexy picture, what comes to mind is not appropriate to post on a forum ;)

I am happy you are still doing this, interest in comics is growing in Kuwait (where I still live) partly due to a large push from a local development called 'the 99,' developed by an open minded intellectual who I highly respect, Naif Al-Mutawa.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Should check out "Pride of Baghdad".

Yeah, I've heard talk about the 99. Personally, haven't looked that closely. I have my doubts about how successful a push based more on an agenda, and less on natural artistic expression will be.

Yeah, ball is rolling. Slowly. Still almost all indi work. I have a few things with DC doing freelance work for HiFi. I'm very excited about a project with Mike Neumann(writer), Davide Fabbri(pencils) and Brian clevanger(editor). Mike is the creative director at Gearbox. he wrote Borderlands, the game. MoH:Brothers in arms. comic. Davide is the penciller on a ton of Starwars comics, and MoH:Brothers in arms. And Brian is the writer for 8-bit theatre, and Atomic Robo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I don't think there is a political agenda behind the 99 if thats what you are saying, but I understand what you mean, the series was borne because of a desire to promote understanding, instead of him being an artist.

I've never read a graphic novel before, but the Prince of Baghdad looks interesting, so a fable might be a good way to start. I have a lot of books in Queue, so maybe I'll order this on Amazon and put it on my stack. I'm currently waiting for 'The Empire of Silver,' a historical fiction about the Mongolian empire written by Conn Iggulden. If you are into novels I'd recommend him, the best book to start with is 'The Emperor,' which is a historical fiction about Julias Caesar, birth through death. I warn you though, its 4 books and about 5,000 pages of reading if you are afraid of that type of thing ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 pm 

Gunsmoke and Caliane. What up fellas! Nice work Cali as usual.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]