Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Priest/Healing Step up
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:17 pm 

Well, when in doubt I turn to the masters. As with Raz I am seriously not asking for any strat what so ever, but would like some imput regarding a recent idea I had to combat both Vael and an "over healing/inefficiant" healing problem that we are expierencing in general. Atm we do NOT do heal rotations, but of course use RA. This is a long winded post so bear with me and as always appreciate your imput.....let the flaming begin.

+healing and mana per second priests- Their renew "per tick" is or should be the strongest in the guild...with Mental Agility maxed out, their instant cast spell mana cost is reduced by 10%...combined with their mana per second bonuses, if they were strickly sheilding/renew they could virtually never run out of mana...According to Sin via a conversation on Tuesday, most mages could simply use a Shield and Renew to be fine through Vael..the problem is that isn't happening atm but with dedicated healers doing that..it might..My guess is these two could also handle Hunters and Warlocks for the most part.

Purdyman (utility)

Its my understanding as I talked to Purdy yesterday, that he is mix of all..he has intel/+healing/mana per second gear...possibly have him top off Mages/Warlocks/Hunters if the renews aren't cutting it.

Boba/Phill/Myself

First off, most people think that we strictly "stat" priests and all we care about is intel lol Inspect Phill and I sometime....damn near all our gear has +healing on it so I don't know what people are talking about, but anyways.

Since I am putting myself in this cat, I will speak for myself. With my Prophecy bonus I have a fast flash heal as well as maxed out improved flash heal...my mana pool fully buffed is second to none in the guild. Why not have us, maybe all three JUST on warriors? we have a huge mana pool and the highest chance to crit.

For the Priests I left out, it is for lack of knowledge with your builds and my apologies..but we still have Rogues that need serious attention, so I say have two priests dedicated to them.

Breaking up the raid and creating assignments I think for one will create a sense of pride and "owning" of your perspective classes to keep alive i.e. I'll be damned if I am going to let my classes die.

That is JUST Priests alone! To me that is very encouraging.

Driuds have strong renew that stacks with Priest renew so put them with Celly and Jan Renewing Mages/Locks/Hunters

Pallys- Depending on how many we have, we can devide then up between warriors and Rogues for healing.

Seriously with such a clear understanding of who to heal when, I have no idea how this would fail...at the very least it would cut down on over healing.

Warriors-2 Priests 2 Pallys (I think this would leave room for a healer pulling aggro, but bottom line is...we shouldn't be)

Rogues-2 Priests 2 Pallys (again, room for healer death)

Mages/Locks/Hunters-2 Priest-Druids

One utility Priest watching every class for emergencies

Nor Cal love.....Sayb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:27 pm 

Wait...you heal your warlocks?!

...I'll have to have some words with the druids in my group...I get left to healthstone/pot/banding myself =[

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]