[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Acting like your race?

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Acting like your race?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:27 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey everyone -

I wanted to get people's opinions on this as it's something at least I've experienced since playing this game.

Has anyone else realized that people playing specific "races" tend to act like the sterotype of that race in the game?

For instance - I've been wrapping up quests in STV and on a NUMBER of occasions...been saved from death by a friendly tauren. One in particular (can't remember his name right now) even seemed to convince a lvl 46 mage from ganking me one time and proceeded to help me with some large troll mobs as we were both doing that same quest. This isn't the first time this has happened. Personally - I've NEVER been ganked by a person playing a tauren (be it coincidence or not)...as if those people are actually "noble" like their description from WC lore.

now UD on the other hand?

I HATE EM lol.

I have yet to come across an UD player that doesn't gank me, attack me ,and out right go haywire when my priest walks near them. I was in STV yesterday and waved at 2 lvl 32 UD (mage and warlock) cause obviously im 42 and not gonna start a fight...but they teamed up on me and i taught em' a little lesson with fearing them into some mobs :P (trolls tend to get angry when you go running thru there base widly). This has lead me to just outright plain hate UD...and yeah i could be accussed of attacking a few lowbie UD guys simply because of my experiences with most of them.

But anyway - anyone else realize this type of behavior? I think it's interesting because if its true - it definitely shows how you can portray the type of person you are inside via a video game and the character you make.

Oh, and on a funny side note....im an aethiest yet i play a priest....go figure :P

-jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:02 am 

Aethiest eh? Why Priest? Need I remind you of your affinity with small children? :mrgreen:

Anyways, I do understand what your saying, though I haven't really seen it too much. I more see members of the same classes being on good terms with each other. I think rogue is the only class that has never jumped me while I was alone [could just be good luck], except for one idiot who was level 28 while I was 37. I don't really count that as a serious attempt though, more like imminent death for him.

Last edited by Quinta on Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:22 am 

Not true at all, players of all races have ganked me, and players of all races have ran by me, waved, danced, bowed, and left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:37 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Like I said - just from my personal experience!

I've talked to alot of people who've been ganked by all races and what not...but i was just looking at it in a more general point of view that's all. Maybe it'll balance out for me soon and a cow or 2 will trample me over in the next few weeks heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:08 pm 

My experience with Tauren hasn't ever really been that great... perhaps they envy my small size, my humor, perhaps my wit and way with the ladies? Who knows! I do know that most Tauren Shaman *coughalltaurencough* enjoy attempting to gank me over and over. There have been a few times when they've just passed by, even one time when I walked hand in hand with a Tauren through Stonetalon, but he was a warrior. It might be that you don't get ganked that often because you're a priest, I know I generally pass up most priests as I never bother with CoE to slow them down from running. Undead might be attacking you all the time because of their immunity to fear ability, they seem to think they're pretty badass with it. Or maybe you've just run into some really nice and honorable horde :) wouldn't that be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:20 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:27 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:35 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ahhh

so does that mean you cant save a random person about to die with shield maybe?

like i saw a 38 mage getting ganked and shielded her to give me enough time to get a big heal on her...so maybe thats it and i wont be able to do that unless partied?

whew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:38 pm 

Yes, thats exactly what it means. That, I believe is what Blizzard intends to accomplish with this nerf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:57 pm 

You think you have it tough?

Unless an alliance player is 5 levels lower then me, they attack me on site, regardless of race/class.

oh, and I've never had any alliance players help me, not once.

NE seem to be the biggest pain on the alliance side though since they can stealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:17 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next