[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Focused Aggression and Immortality

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:27 pm 

Hey all,

For those of you who don't know me (which I assume is true for most people) I'm one of the mage class leaders in Focused Aggression. I've noticed over the time I've been playing that relations between many of the end game guilds are often strained, and I find this disturbing. I personally see both sides of the argument in many debates, and in many cases, I think it will be difficult to come to solutions that many guilds will find adequate. However, I also believe we should try.

I know one source of contention has always been outdoor raid bosses. It is very difficult for us to get these bosses down before Immortality or Rage does, due to our membership often not being on in daytime. This is very unfortunate for us as I see there being a direct correlation between dragon loot for our tanks and progression in AQ. I don't know of a good solution to this problem, but I would love to hear suggestions.

I have heard that Immortality has been distressed at the lack of other guilds trying to participate in incentives to get the gates of AQ open, and piggy-backing upon your contest. I don't know if this was a concern with us, but if it was, let me try to alleviate it. We did offer raid points for people to send in every turnin. We are currently running a contest with the winner of it receiving an MC run. I know our contest isn't as generous as yours, but we don't have the cash in our bank or the progression in BWL to offer the same amount that you can. We are trying.

These are two of the concerns I have heard recently, one was Immo's, one was FA's. I would like to hear more of Immo's, and I'm going to try to encourage FA members to post their concerns here as well. The only thing I ask is to please keep it civil, you can post a problem without flaming, as I hope I did in this post. In all, I think relations between top guilds can do nothing but improve enjoyment of playing on this server together. I hope other people share this sentiment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:44 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:54 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:02 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:10 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:03 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:38 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:58 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:46 pm 

Thank you for these responses, they have been quite helpful. I hope you don't mind if I plug our leather contest really quick:

If you want to send in light leather, send it to the character "Lightleather" and it will be tallied.

Prizes:
There will be two prizes given for this contest. First place will choose between the two prizes, either a full MC run where you get all the drops you can use (including non-set pieces). The only exception to this would be if you can use a legendary item that drops, those we are reserving for our own members as we have yet to have any. The other choice of prize would be an invite to our guild, with starting RP (a.k.a. RPP/DKP) to help you get your first item. We are doing our first attempt on Ebonroc this week and have high hopes to down him and Flamegore on Saturday, so if you want to get into an end game guild, this might be the option you'd be interested in.

If you have any questions you can message me on Tanik or Lightleather, or post here.

Again, thank you for your responses. I will be adding you to my friends list Jeagar and I'll try to contact you in game, but I won't be on as much as I'd like for the next couple weeks as they are quite busy for me. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:46 am 

Is it just me? I mean I know alot of people that are from other guilds come here... I myself am a member of Forgotten Prophets. And I even understand (kinda) plugging your event. But to talk about earning a spot on another guilds forums to your guild is just .... well for the sake of kindness. Strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:53 am 

Bently, in all Fairness, ALOT of people who do read this are not immo, Hell, a few of us are Unguilded.

I don t know Immos policy on recruitment of rother guilds off thier boards though >:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:38 am 

*is unguilded*

If you look on my first signature thread, you'll find that 75% of the people that applied for signatures were just random people strolling by. And if you look at how quick the view count of threads go up... Couldn't possibly be Immortality only! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:34 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Yes our webboards do get a ton of traffic, from non guild members and even people not on the same server as us just wanting to see what adventure is happening today, and get some info they might otherwise not see.

I like the fact peopel are interested and what we and everyone else has to say, and likes to express many things over here on our forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:37 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next