Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Impromptu Raid
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:28 am 

Just figured I'd post the happenings of last nights raid here. It wasn't anything big, just an impromptu raid to pass the time.

It all started with word of a low level group of horde attacking Elwynn Forest in guild chat. There was an immediate response to weed these people out. However, before we could all get there, they were beaten to the ground by the locals. But we still wanted some action (at least I did). So I asked if anyone wanted to organize our own raid of an outpost somewhere.

The response was much more than I expected. I had suggested this before when I was bored, but not many people responded. This time there were at least 20 people interested. On top of that, a group of germans also wanted in on a raid. They had 4 full groups with our 4 full groups. Instead of combining raid groups, we decided to keep them separate to ease the language barrier.

The next part the shocked me was the fact that when I asked who wanted to lead the raid, I was nominated to lead. Being the humble person that I am (and being afraid of leadership) I waited for a higher up to take over. But none took the job, so I guess I was in the lead. Much thanks to Fang for helping me organize and giving me tips on how to lead the raid

First order of business was to decide on an attack point. Being the inexperienced leader that I am, I just decided to go to Splintertree Post again in Ashenvale. It provided an easy target with almost guarenteed success. (And that it was, but more on that later) Moreover, it provided an easy train to the Barrens outpost Crossroads if the need came.

We met in Astranaar, along with the German clan <Cede Memoria>. After about a half-hour of organizing and explaining the raid plan, we were off. We kept the train moving together as much as possible, waiting up for the lowbies without mounts. (Shout out to Paladeus and his group for taking up the rear and watching out for the straglers) There were a few horde on the way to Splintertree that were taken care of, so I'm sure that there was a bit of warning.

Quote of the raid: "Some people complaing about getting ganked by a group of 5. This person just got ganked by a group of 40"
-(If this was you, post and i'll update)

Splintertree offered little to no resistance. I think no more than 4-5 horde were there, and we took the outpost in a matter of minutes. We would have been able to celebrate a little more, but someone happened to attack the Windrider Master. We would have been able to take him probably, but not the spawns. They're brutal. So I gave the order to fall back outside of the outpost and regroup. Also, since there was no resistance to speak of, I came to the decision that we should go to Attack Point B, The Crossroads. A little bit harder, but still manageable with proper organization.

So... we moved our train off south, to The Barrens. Due to it being Horde territory, we didn't do much ganking on the way there, but there was definitely warning this time. The closer we got, the more horde we saw, and the higher lvl they were. When we arrived at The Crossroads, there was about 10-15 disorganized lowbie horde ready to defend their territory. Not enough to stop us, so we went ahead and attacked. The higher ups started to take out the guards while the lower levels attacked the PCs. Lots of horde went down, a few Alliance started to fall. And as time went on, more horde showed up, and the lag started to kick in. Within a half hour, they had quite a large group of horde putting up a resistance. So I gave the order to fall back a bit and regroup. However, there was FAR too much lag for orders to be heard and carried out. Small groups started to regroup every once in a while, but they were easily taken out by the overwelming number of horde.
At this point Fang suggested that we abandon the raid. There was quite a resistance, and the lag wasn't helping us at all. So the order went out to get to a safe point and just hearth. Even that was hard to follow. It probably took me 3 res's to be able to get out.

All in all, I think the raid went pretty well. Especially for my first raid with organizational duities. The primary target was taken out, and we made our stand at the secondary target.

Edit #1: Added the name of the german clan.

Last edited by DeusPayne on Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:44 am 

Well... I'd surely woulda enjoyed it much much more... but the lag paciefied us oO

however.. the german guild was <Cede Memoria>. Their raid leader (and my contact) was Jazzmin.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]