[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Unconfirmed Battlegrounds info from DIE

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:40 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Gray: "Since there is a finite number of folks who can enter a Battleground how will Guilds fight together? Also given 100's if not 1000's of people will want to be participating in a Battleground and there is a limit to the number of people who will be able to enter, how will you deal with the mass numbers of people waiting in a queue to get in?"

Anon Bliz Dude: "The Battlegrounds will be instanced and will match similar forces against each other. We will be able to handle the number of raid groups desiring to begin combat in a Battleground instance. This is how it will work:

1. A Raid group will form for PvP Battlegrounds. They initiate entry and are set in a queue waiting to be matched with a similar force.

2. In a similar manner as Battlenet Warcraft 3 ladders, the servers will match raid groups based on the number of groups in their raid. Thus a raid group desiring to fight and having 5 groups will be matched against another raid force with 5 groups.

3. Once a match is found, both raid groups are ported into the instance created for that battle. This will allow guilds to form. If a raid group consists of only one guild, then the guild win or loss will be recorded for the ladder on that bracket. All parties will receive a win/loss if they participate regardless of whether it is a ladder match or not.

4. The best part of the entire system is it will be across all servers. It will be exciting for many of the guilds to match up their PvP skills against all of the others regardless of their server."

If this is indeed true, Im extremely excited for Battlegrounds. Im sure Blizzard will make an official announcement about this soon as the "rumor" spreads...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:12 pm 

Very cool stuff, getting to fight over servers sounds awesome :D

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:31 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Im pretty sure that was just explained wrong. Although all of this is speculation, I assume the Blizz Rep meant the ladders go across servers, not the actual battles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:26 pm 
as much as i am excited about this post, it brings some things up.

i was hoping for large scale battlegrounds, that could hold more than just 80 ppl total. you know like 100-200 . something like that ...

I guess they have to keep the raid system and have max of 40 per side.

but the problem that this brings up- is that we will only be able to get 40 ppl in there at one time a few times a week i think. I was hoping to have battlegrounds be the new thing i do, and so spend most of my time in there. But if i have to do "pickup" battleground raids with non guildies, and then get no guild credit for it, its kinda wasting time.

and how about if we want to add more people after we enter?

hmm. i really want a blizz post to this, and i cant wait for the final BG preview.

thanks for the post tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:25 pm 

Perhaps they will expand the number of people as the system is tested and developed further. Plus, there will be more than one battlefield.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:46 pm 

While that does sound like legit info, don't ever trust anything from DIE, their scumminess griefing gives guilds and pvp and bad name. But aside from that, ya I hope that was explained wrong, I was hoping Blizzard would be able to do what most other MMO's have been able to accomplish and be able to support large scale battles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:27 am 

aww .. i what about soloing ? :( i dont really like the way its gonna be
but oh well .. will see wish i rolled a caster now >.<

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]