[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Help! >_> computer problems ftl :(

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:07 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Try switching drives

a:
b:
d:
e:
g:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:54 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

try changing to the directory and then delete it.

cd\windows\sytem32\drivers

to see if the file is there

dir sptd.sys

Check to see if the file is read only or not

attrib sptd.sys

If it is I think you have to follow the

attrib /?

then when there aren't any attributes

try del sptd.sys

Hope that helps.

Stalyx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:14 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

If it is read only you have to add /f after the del c:\blahblahblah to force it to delete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:29 pm 

I don't think that's the problem. It's just, not seeing my hard drive, only the flash drive. I tried A, b, c, d, e, etc all the way to z, theres nothing. Somehow it thinks my usb drive IS my hard drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

unless i'm missing something you should try my suggestion. you don't need to do jack shit with a usb hard drive when you can boot into an alternate OS and delete files from a GUI. this of course assumes you have a functional cdrom in your laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:52 pm 

I tried your shit, photek, both of them. They don't work without an ORIGINAL windows disk, which I don't have. I lost the one from my desktop, and my dad's desktop only has a "recovery disk" which is the same as my laptop. Therefore, I can't use yours. It can't set up a GUI without a copy of windows...

Speaking of recovery disks, when I use mine it goes to a blank grey screen when I took the cd out of the jewelcase for the first time like yesterday. yay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:08 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

does your college not sell discounted copies of Windows? If not, it might be possible to create the ISO then post it somewhere for you to download. I'll see what I can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:01 pm 

Did you upload the thing for me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:02 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Download link sent in a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:41 pm 

So, are those the windows installation files or the actual PE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:46 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

It's an image I created with the Bart PE software using the windows installation files from my Windows CD. Not sure if that answers your question....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:08 pm 

Linky u fail lawl.

Anyways, if its just a daemon tools problem, heres what you do:

1)http://www.ubuntu.com/ go grab the desktop live cd from there. Have a friend burn it onto a cd for you.

2)boot up the live CD, after everything boots the winblows hard drive should already be mounted, go in there and goto (hard drive mount point)/Windows/System32/ and delete said trouble file. I HIGHLY doubt daemon tools puts it in the System folder, but if it does, just look in there also.

if its not there, look under /Program Files/Daemon Tools (or whatever folder you installed it in) and delete the folder. I would do this anyways just to remove it completely.

3)Reboot, if its what it was, windows will bitch saying that it couldnt find said file. Dont worry! easy fix. Go to Start->Run and type in msconfig and run it. This window controls most of your startup sequence. Tab around and find anything relating to Daemon Tools or any other program that may look fishy.

after you do that, sometimes windows programs like to run loop boots from registry. goto Start -> Run -> type in regedit and hit enter. Make sure you click the TOP MOST FOLDER on the hierarchy tree, as the search function runs from the current point you have selected, and the do a search for Daemon Tools and delete any trace of it you see on there.

------------------

If Daemon tools really was your problem, that should have fixed it without a doubt. But for some reason im thinking its something worse. If so get with me in game and ill tell you how to install a ubuntu installation alongside your windows and help you back up all your shit, then you can do a clean install (which i really recommend doing).

Anyways, later peeps.

Oh btw. this is Minibeheaded//Imbeheaded, i no longer play my rogue Evesix >_<.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:51 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:04 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:24 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next