[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Foxincarnate - 80 DK

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Foxincarnate - 80 DK
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:12 am 

Character Name:Foxincarnate
Character Class:Death Knight
Days Played:~150 my Warlock and DK combined
Days Played at 80:
Alt(s):Foxtrot (Old Main from Vanilla/BC)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

My Name is Tom, I'm 24 and from Cambridge Ontario. I've been playing wow since it came out (including Beta). I've been in the military for 7 years.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I started out in Clan Scavenger then Ascension back in the day with Frodi and Akasemi/Archon (RL friends) That fell apart so I went to Sacred Legacy for a little bit (less than a week) and then just free lanced until the close to the end of Vanilla where I join Local Defense. I did alot of PvP and PvE with them clearing up to AQ40 (twin emps) and some of Naxx.
When BC came out I instantly rolled DK and have been playing it exclusively since. Joined Heresy with Magnar, Darklord, Mageeta and the rest of the gang and stayed there until it too fell apart. I came into Immo as a FnF of DDoD, however I left back to heresy because I would like to raid with Immo, not just be FnF. As much as I appreciate DL finding me a home, i'd like to app just like everyone else and show Immo what I really have to offer.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

In game or MSN email (tom224617@hotmail.com

4. How did you hear about us?

It's Immo, who hasn't heard of you guys?

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

i am also dual spec'd for tanking and have very competitive tank gear with approx 30k hp unbuffed, 24% dodge, 20%parry, 540 Def and exp cap.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

Dual core Athlon 64, @1.8G each, 4gig ram, Geforce 7600LE

8. What raiding experience do you have? What significant raid instances have you been in? List only the furthest you got in WotLK.

I've cleared everything up to 2D, (heresy never got 3D down, blame fail people who can't GTFO of void zones and FWs) and up to Hodir in Ulduar.

9. How far have you gone in Ulduar 25-man? What, if any, hard modes have you had experience with?

Hodir, unfortunately none, i'd like to change that.

10. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid starting times range from 7:00pm-8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

Thursday is the only day, because i am in the militia still, I have training thursday night from 730-1030. but i'll be on after

11. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
I Use DBM, Outfitter, and Dr.Dmg... nothing major just the essentials

12. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Let it Burn

13. General Comments about yourself to us.

I've always wanted to be in the front guild on Skullcrusher, i've been here since the beginning and I play my class to win. I am a team player who always brings 120% to the table, if I don't or I'm on an off day...I'm the first person to say "i need to sit because i refuse to hold you up"...that doesn't normally happen.

Post subject: Re: Foxincarnate - 80 DK
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:41 pm 
Gear looks good, build is correct for that spec. Just a couple questions.

1) What rotation do you use as frost? and Why have you chosen the Frost dps spec?

2) Why the Ap hit gem in your gear even though you are over the hit cap?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:15 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1) What rotation do you use as frost? and Why have you chosen the Frost dps spec?

This is the question I'm interested in. Why not be unholy?

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:45 pm 

For my one 'out of place gem' i didn't change it out after getting my boots (greaves of iron intensity) from ulduar, it's there to keep the socket bonus of 8 more hit, which can pretty well be changed out now, i haven't played much since the down fall of heresy. It'll be a 16 str gem next time i log =D

my rotation is BT, IT, BS, OB, OB, FSx Repeat, adding in HB during Rime procs and FS during KM procs.
I have always liked Frost, i've raided as DW UH, UH2h and Blood, frost has always been my favourite and I even leveled as frost. It just suits my play style. Frost brings Imp Icy Talons to a raid, it has a very hard hitting OB and the best runic dump available to a DK. It doesn't require any flashy rotations that if you mess up on your dps is shot and i've always liked wailing things in the face with FS for 10k + (especially in pvp...it's hawt). FS isn't mitigated by armour and also has the hardest hitting 1 rune ability (IT), which is huge RP and non mitigated (because of my glyphs) and brings huge crit to the table as well with my spec.

Why not unholy? I find with my play style (i hate having a pet, makes me feel like a warlock again) that I do better as a frost DK. I still do just as much dps as an UH or Blood DK and usually wind up doing more... and i'm not reliant on timing everything exactly right. I don't like the Idea of not having fudge factor in my rotation or my play style because if I do screw up or the fight starts going wrong, it's harder to start up again and pull out the win. I like the versatility that frost brings, the fact that most DKs I see on the server are either Blood or UH (atleast pre Ulduar) and because of them having Aboms might and Ebon Plague, I get to bring IIT to the raid and round out the benefits (and shammies were hard to come by to replace my IIT in Heresy)

Hope that answers your questions...I do know my class and I play it well...

Thx for the opportunity.

Fox

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:50 pm 

got any WWS reports or DMG meters?

oh and surter.... quit worrying about your buffs

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:41 pm 
Good thorough answers. A few more questions.

1) Please list, in order of most to least important, stats for a frost dps DK assuming you are hit capped, but not expertise capped.

2) In Ulduar will your AMS be on cooldown often?

3) Have you considered interchanging the IT glyph with the HB glyph? If so What would your new rotation be?

4) Have you considered farming for/buying a greatness deck to replace your Fotff?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:39 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

In the rotation you listed a couple posts up, I didn't see PS anywhere. Do you just skip it altogether, or did you forget to mention it?

Your back, chest, and gloves all have inferior enchants on them... why?

You should also look to replace your pvp ring, as it's worse than some heroic drops available to you, such as Band of Frosted Thorns or Hemorrhaging Circle. Or you could pug naxx for plenty of upgrades.

I can understand that you like the frost rotation the best (I prefer blood on my DK), but your reasoning behind it feels like a cop-out. Basically what I inferred from you is that if you screw up, you prefer the spec that lets you screw up with the least repercussions.

Our enhancement shaman/GM is there for every raid, so you will never HAVE to be frost or blood for buffs, but you may be called on to spec unholy to provide Ebon Plaguebringer, do you know the unholy rotation well enough to provde this buff and still put out competitive DPS on a non-AoE fight?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:53 pm 

I am getting grilled more than usual...i kind of like it.

Stats for a Frost DK in order:
Hit (capped)
Exp (Not capped anymore because of switching Inevitable Defeat for Ironsoul)
Str -Provides Dmg
Crit - Provides big flashy numbers (used to mean more when KM proc'd off of it)
Haste - Not so important to a frost DK because of talents.

PS is a DPS decrease in most frost rotations, the extra dmg provided to OB is not superior to the extra OB you gain from leaving it and a BS out of the rotation..ie (PS, IT, BS BS OB FSx) rotation.

I like having IT glyph instead of HB, though HB is alot of dmg, I find that 2x IT does more dmg and provides more RP for FS dumps. The rotation for the glyph, I believe, is HB, OB, BS BS, FS...OB OB OB FS (with HB added in on rime)

As for the COP OUT comment. Do I make mistakes? not often but when it happens or say when someone else fucks up and I've got to save my ass somehow (dead dps = no dps which also goes into will AMS be on CD in ulduar? No...any fight that does magical dmg...AMS is awesome...like iron council with the aoe shit...ams is the fucking bomb. Oh and any DK who moves out of the Emalon fight when the AoE happens is just a fucking idiot because the AoE is timed for AMS =D) But mistakes DO and WILL happen...not often but they do. Now as for thinking that any DK rotation is overly difficult to get down is foolishness. They are not hard, I just happen to be very comfortable with this, it works very well for me, i pump out 3.5k dps on a dummy with only horn on myself and usually pump out 4.5k dps in 10m and 5k or more on 25 depending on the fight, Army and shit like that.

Ebon Plaguebringer is usually made up for with a mage or warlock if I am not mistaken (Curse of Elements and whatever mages do) Will I respec UH, If I have to and I am asked to, but IMHO it is not more DPS than frost. Everything I have seen, right up to the new sigil from Decon leads me to believe that Frost is the superior spec. I've seen all three specs do pretty competitive dps with each other though. UH and Frost are the two on top with blood trailing by about 200-300 dps on average. Can I learn and get down an UH rotation, sure I can...it's not rocket science... and if I can't figure it out... well that's what wow forums, mmo-champion and elitist-jerks.com are for... people with more gold than me and more time with nothing better to do than test out every possible rotation. If I get an idea for one or I want to try a new one i'll play with it, read up, do math and all that other good stuff but when it comes down to it with a DK, in my experience, you can almost play it anyway you want (save really fucked up specs) and still really good.

My PvP ring is better than band of frosted thorns, it's actually what I replaced it with. I know it's a trade off of str for AP and a little less crit but more hp but I get more AP out of the PvP ring than the BoFT. Everytime I've done naxx the Fing tanking ring drops which I have...hemoraging circle wasn't really better at the time either, IMO because it has less AP on it, but now that i have less exp it maybe a more viable alternative. Crit and haste aren't huge points for a frost DK and i'm already over hit cap so that leaves Exp and Haste. Oh and DDoD got my surge needle the 1 and only time i've ever seen it drop from maly. It's mostly unlucky that I don't have a better dps ring from Naxx 25/Maly/Ulduar. Figured I'd upgrade it from Ulduar during my runs with heresy. didn't work out so well though...lols.

And as for my inferior enchants...they do need to be updated, they got put on there to be on there and because i haven't really been playing since heresy fell through, i've haven't really thought to upgrade them, but that is something that can be quickly rectified if I were excepted into the ranks of a raiding guild.

whew.

Hope that answers your questions but i'll more than happily answer any others.

Fox

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:01 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:17 am 

First off. For Frost dps rotations, PS is a DP decrease. Although it adds to the dmg of OB, you lose DPS because a) you have to reapply it all the time and PS hits for shit if you are not UH and b) applying it takes away from OBing more and IT/HB in more, depending on your spec. Now overall I've heard that the HB spec does approx 100 more dps than my usual rotation. Both are very fight oriented, thus it more depends on what you like. If there is any other DK in the raid, and he/she is putting up Frost Fever, guess what, your rotation changes to BS BS OB OB, FSx, OB OB OB FS, because you yourself do not have to apply the FF, it just needs to be up there. HB is still weaved into the rotation and you can HB/IT whenever you see that FF isn't on the boss/mob.

ArP has become more viable for all specs, OB benefits alot from it, however FS, being the hardest hitter and primary attack of a frost build, gains more off of Str. So depending on who's in your raid (melee heavy or caster heavy) it can go either way. Now, keep in mind that my spec and rotations and glyphs are all based off of Heresy's make up. As any good player should know, you need to be able to slide in and fit to any spot needed of you by the guild. "Hey Fox, you're ass is tanking." my response is "Ok" not..."Fuck, i signed up for DPS not for Tanking." hence the Dual Spec. Now if the guild wanted me to double as an UH Dk for the UH buffs, i'm sure I can change one of my specs to a UH DPS spec and just switch in and out depending on the raid make up.

My enchants have been changed. My hit is at 7.81% now and my expertise is up to 10.
not sure if armoury has updated however i'll be glad to stand infront of anyone so they can inspect me.

In no way shape or forum is this meant to be sarcastic, rude or disrespectful. I appreciate the criticism because it helps me grow as a better player.

I hope that is helpful.

I'd be pleased to answer anymore.

Fox

I

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:06 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 am 

in regards to the Disease and OB thing, no but Tundra Stalker works off of it, meaning that you can still keep that 15% is still up in a pinch.

as for the cookie cutter rotations, this rotation works...and it works for me. Everything I've seen with doing PS in an epidemic build, doesn't do more dmg, it does around the same. you are trading off an IT for a PS and the ability to add the extra disease to OB. Considering the High crit of IT, chances are your Dps is going to round out to the same AND you are getting more RP from the IT glyph meaning 1 more FS on your second rotation. That right there is the big DPS bonus to my rotation versus the PS one. I prefer the unmitigated FS.

check it out, it works.

=D

Fox.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:59 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

So what do you use your second unholy rune in the first part of your rotation for?

IT - BS - BS - OB - ??? - FS

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:48 pm 
the first rotation is IT-OB-BS-BT-OB dump (you can realistically put the BT anywhere in there, I just normally have mine at that spot)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:29 pm 

To minimize dps lose during rotation, BT should be done as the pull happens, Thus giving you 1B, 1D, 2F, 2UH. From there you start the rotation of IT, BS, OB, OB, FSx and repeat. HB gets added in with rime and FS is weaved in with KM procs. As the fight goes on and there is alot of movement involved or such, I find myself going into a priority rotation, making sure that IT is up, I have one death rune and I then OB and FS as I can. Because of the KM procs, the rotation isn't going to stay 100% but it's the basis of it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next