[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Holy Priest

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Holy Priest
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:37 pm 

Character Name: Frozendawn
Character Class: Holy Priest
Days Played: 118d 15h 47m
Days Played at 80: 31d 18h 3m
Alt(s): Disciple, Frozenchrist

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

Greetings. My name is Kyle and I am 21 years old. I'm from Miami, Florida, attend University, and am out to get a degree in Business Economics and an MBA. PHD will eventually follow in a few years. I am patient, quiet, and a perfectionist.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I've been on Skullcrusher for 1 1/2 years now, preceded by a xfer from Auchindoun. I've been in all the former big names- Diag, Crown, Benevolent. I had retired from Wow a few months ago, and have recently begun once again.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

In-game or on facebook. (Pst for more info).

4. How did you hear about us?

The guild name floats around as a serious raiding guild. I have started WoW again with nothing but free time, so serious raiding is appealing to me.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Frozendawn

I have little Ulduar gear due to my absence, however my throughput is still consistently higher than everyone elses.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Indeed.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

2 gigs of Ram, decent card that handles max settings at 35 fps in a raid.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

N/A due to absence, but happy to create new ones on demand.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

I was strictly PVP in Vanilla, so I have no raid history back that far. In BC I was at my other server, low pop. Finished all T5 content, but due to the population, I could not proceed farther. I decided to xfer to Skullcrusher because of this, and came 2-3 months before WOTLK. I quickly finished all pre 3.1 content with Benevolent once I joined up with them, and became their Healing class officer, supervising the other class leaders. After Benevolent broke up shortly after 3.1 release, I went on hiatus. However, I am familiar with all Ulduar boss encounters, including their respective hard modes. I had to give the explanations usually in raids.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I have played Holy Priest consistently since I have started, as I find it the most enjoyable healer to play. I have the tool for the job and produce it faster than most others. I always PoM before the pull, perhaps casting a Renew along with it to anticipate damage. Then, according to more raid damage or tank damage being produced, I cycle through Fheal and CoH accordingly. I constantly refresh PoM and Renews as soon as they are off GCD. Popping Renews is my addiction. I Gheal in anticipation of a large blow or if the target is below 60% health. Due to my large haste percentage, I usually get my casts off faster than the other healers. If the tank falls below 20%, I use Guardian Spirit to prevent a potential fuck up. I used PoH in cases where there is damage spread across the whole raid. With this consistent cycle, I maximize throughput. I also am skilled at maximizing my mana table. In long boss encounters, one I fall below 8k mana, I wait for a point in the fight which will allow me to cast my Hymn of Hope to regen back to 3/4. If I fall below 5k again, I use my Shadowfiend to, again, bring me back to 3/4 mana. On this final stretch, if we still have not downed the boss, I focus on conserving mana, reducing the amount of Renews cast, and waiting the 5 seconds when the encounter allows me to. I never need an Innervate unless their is an overpopulation of druids in the raid and all other healers with less regen than I do are served first.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I am simply waiting the summer out. My time can now be planned around my raiding schedule, so I am virtually open all the time.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Tell the fire to wait.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

As said before, I am patient and quiet. I accept help and also am free to give it to those who ask. Because I have been in a guild "bureaucracy" before, I know how they function and I do my best to alleviate any stress in the guild machina. I do what I am supposed to, nothing less. I do not fuck up. I am ready to back up my app with a trial.

Post subject: Re: Holy Priest
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Over my dead body.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:30 pm 
App to vodka, you have a better chance of getting in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Isn't this like your 4th time applying? Take a hint :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:35 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:32 am 

you might be better (didn't really look at your meters last night), but lying about what guilds you were in? :roll: :lol:

not good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:43 pm 

I did not lie. I put it first for a reason. I was in the guild during BC before it was a bigger name. That was also a few name changes ago. The links simply prove my re-applications.

Edit- For further clarification, it was the 2nd guild I was in after I transferred. The very first one was Detention (lol).

Last edited by Frozendawn on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:58 pm 

K...not going against what you are claiming but...

how come in your applications to DIAG you never said that you used to be in DIAG? you named every other guild BUT that one.

again, just a question.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:53 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:28 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Flatline wanting to reapp over his app. GO GO... j/k

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:42 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Can i re-app too?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:34 am 

Me three!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm 

Last edited by Juanma on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:48 pm 

^^ouch.

Not like my comments mean anything here, but I think it's funny how in one app you are in Benelovent (spelling? dont care), as a Healing Class Leader AND an officer, and in crown....and the other app you are in Benelovent and DIAG. Not to mention in one of them you were a recent transfer...joined crown...then joined Benelovent...then got kicked....and in the other...you have had like 7 name changes, and in crown/benelovent.

None of the apps really match up...:-/

Anywho...both apps were comical and i found much humor in them. So thank you for that. Oh and please stop whispering me in game and telling me how sexy I am....that's kind of freaky.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next