[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Authorized - Boomkin/Whatever spec you want

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 pm 

Character Name: Authorized
Character Class: Druid
Days Played: 9.5 days
Days Played at 80: >1 Day
Alt(s): Outdated (lock, former main), Subsequent (mage), Forceful (Rogue) and other low levels

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself:

My name is Johnny, I am 22 years old and I currently reside in Southern California. I work for the CA Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation as the clerical support for the Director of Nursing at Calipatria State Prison.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in?

I have raided in Zero Consequence, Forgotten Prophets (before they stopped 25 mans), and Paradox (newly formed; Ulduar cleared).

3. What is the best way to contact you?

I am usually on one of the characters listed above, if not, I can be reached at anytime via email as it goes to my phone (papajizzle@gmail.com).

4. How did you hear about us?

Tragicrogue let me know that the guild was in need of boomkins because he knows how awesome I am =P. After hearing this, I asked few other Immo players to confirm the story and to learn a little bit of the guild atmosphere.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

Usually I am in my tanking set when I log out. My healing set has ~2400 healing raid buffed with close to 1k MP5 while not casting depending on the trinkets I utilize.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection?

Alienware Labtop, cable internet. Currently run full settings on 25 man content with no problem.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids.

I have only tanked and healed 25man content and thus do not have any WWS logs to show. However, as I would be going boomkin to fit the raiding needs, with the gear that I have at my disposal I should be able to put out decent dps (already working on getting better boomkin gear).

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with.

I have done all fights in Ulduar with the exception of Vezax (had to step out due to raid needs) with Paradox and Zero Consequence. Because I am/was dual specced as tank/healer, being able to switch out and help the raid on different fights while allowing an extra DPS to join the raid (either a dual specced priest or paladin) was essential in making the fights as easy as possible. I have tanked 3DSarth25 with a mostly Immo group, downing him on the third or 4th attempt I believe.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

First and foremost, I love my druid. Tanking is very fun and healing is pretty entertaining as well. While tanking, rotating lacerates and swipes with mangles and FF if rage is low. For healing I use a lot of rejuv.'s with wild growth's and nourishs, I guess like any other resto druid. Although I have not raided as boomkin, I have started reading up on the basics in order to jump in head first.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

The only day that I cannot raid is Tuesday's as I have school. Other than that I am free for almost any time during your scheduled raid days.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

I only use X-Perl at the moment. Open to suggestions! =D

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Well, I would do what everyone would do, grab what I could and get out of the house. But to give you an answer that might be more of what you were looking for, I'd take my labtop outside, finish the boss that we were on, then run back in to grab my other computer and anything else I could carry.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I know my class as well as anyone else. I enjoy my class and enjoy playing out the multiple rules that I can. I've seen the end game content but want to experience it in a new way, ex: hard modes. =P I'm open to talking to anyone about my application so feel free to message me in game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:03 am 

VERY good player. Tanked our 25-man OS 3D a few weeks ago (not too hard but he did the drakes, was his first time and performed flawlessly).

Was one of the main healers in my old guild but he has a full tanking set as well. Told him we were in dire need of GOOD boomkins, so I told him to app. He is working on a boomkin set just for us and I think he would be a great addition to the guild. Good raid attendance, knows his class...knows the raids...

:-) full support.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:00 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1 Can you provide a link to your moonkin spec?

2 In what order would you rank stats for a balance druid? (Spell Power, Crit, Haste, etc.)

3 With the new changes for patch 3.2, what kind of rotation would you use?

4 How would you manage your DoTs in your eclipse cycles?

5 What is the balance druid hit cap? What about if you have a draenei?

6 Dreamstate or Intensity? and is Moonglow worth taking? Why?

7 How can Typhoon be used as utility in a raid? Will you pull Kologarn with Typhoon?

8 What are your 3 Major Glyphs?

9 What add-ons do you raid with? Would you use an eclipse timer?

10 If you were making a 5 man group, and wanted to stack your group to maximize your damage with their buffs, list in order of importance which 4 (class and spec, remember you need a tank and healer) you would want. (the idea is maximizing your damage, not overall group damage or success)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]