[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Fadeglory Death Knight tank.

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:08 am 

Character Name: Fadeglory
Character Class: Death Knight
Days Played: 46 days
Days Played at 80: 40 days
Alt(s): Radiocog Level 80 rogue.

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from? My name is Brett, I'm 18 years of age,I live in Central Florida.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher? Ready Check, I'm leaving because people don't have there shit together, and seem they much rather fuck off, hit clouds with army of undead , have 10 minutes between pulls, and not come ready for raids.

3. What is the best way to contact you? In game I guess.

4. How did you hear about us? I played on this server is begaining of BC, I had alot of friends in Immo over the years.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Fadedglory

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members? Yes I do.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection?Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid? I have a 10 mbs internet connections. And I run about 50 to 60 FPS on high graphics on 25 mans.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this? I cleared 25 man naxx with Axiom. Then Ulduar came out and I didn't like how things were going so I switched to Ready Check. This is after they last most of there raiders to Evo. It was rough first couple weeks then mageeta came back and we started getting to yogg. There has been a couple times that I saved the raid from wipes with good pick ups when tank went down.They went progression kills but it still feel good doing shit like that.
10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why. First off I hate the Death knight nerf. But who really likes nerfs?But the reason I play a Death Knight tank is I like the depth of the class and the class mechanics. I like how I have to watch and plan every single rune to optimize my tps. Also I like tanking with two handers, because it is something different.Well tanking Death Knight rotation if it is not a AoE pull ( only 1 to 2 guys) you throw up Icy touch , Plague strike , Pestilence , Heart strike , then Death Coil dump , and rune strike when you can. For AoE pulls (3 up) Start with Death and Decay , Icy touch , Plague strike , Pestilence , Blood Boil, then Death Coil dump. When Blood runes are up on Aoe you want to Spam Blood Boil after wards. In till Disease fall off then repeat. Also no matter how much you tanking you always want Blade Barrier up. Which you achieve by having blood runes on cool down. It last ten seconds and runes cool downs are ten seconds. And as in blood some of your Cool downs cost blood runes but the trick is you can refresh your runes way before the buff goes away so if you need your dire cool downs like, Vampiric Blood which is last stand, they are available.Also sometimes you don't wanna dump your runic power because Icebound Fortitude is by far are best cool down and cost 20 runic power. So what I tend to do is dump when I get to about to 90 because Death coil cost 40 and I can hit it twice and keep 10 runic power which is just one strike to get to 20. And that is Death Knight tanking 101 or Death knight tanking for dummies which either one you prefer.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday. I play from 5pm ish - 2 am ish.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface. http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt34 ... titled.png

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do? Wish I had a blunt.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild. I'm a hard dedicated player that puts effort in everything I do . Also I take criticism very well, Because I know your not trying to be mean but trying to improve my overall skill as a player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:33 am 
Armory is down atm so I can't look at your gear and such. The first thing that jumps out at me is that green text. MY EYES....THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!! Second thing is your raid frames in your SS completely cover your character in game. Are they always like that....or were you adjusting them when you happened to take this particular SS. I have a DK alt but I haven't given him the attention I did when he first hit 80. It seems like you know what you are talking about for the most part. Just sit tight and wait for a response from Imidril

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:39 am 

I just took a pic adjusting my raid frames to show what it looks like,because not having access to a raid at the time. But it has room for 10 groups. Which there is only 5 in a 25 man . And sorry for the green text. I never been good with colors.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

So couple questions for you:

What do you feel are the best stats for DK tanks (or tanks in general)?

Do you have multiple gearsets for different kinds of tanking encounters? Do you have a DPS set/offspec?

Have you read up on and know what to do on all of the Hard Mode Ulduar encounters?

What is a HP softcap? What do you feel this softcap is? (fully raid buffed)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:38 pm 

/support! :dwarfsmile:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:00 pm 

What do you feel are the best stats for DK tanks (or tanks in general)? Of all tanks stats defense is the most important stat,hint why you always capped. Then in my opinion it will have to be Stamina, Parry,Dodge, and Expertise/hit . Parry because when a player parry's he gets a 20% haste to his next swing, therefor gaining more threat.After parry its dodge, because if you got shitty mediation no matter how much stamina you got you will get your shit rocked.And finally expertise/hit I but these both about the same because they basically do the same thing. Only difference it is a lot easier to hit the hit capp.

Do you have multiple gearsets for different kinds of tanking encounters? Do you have a DPS set/offspec? I have frost resistance gear. And my Dps set is very very weak at the moment, but I will do everything in my power to improve it.

Have you read up on and know what to do on all of the Hard Mode Ulduar encounters? Yes, I watched multiple videos on almost all the hard mode encounters.

What is a HP softcap? What do you feel this softcap is? (fully raid buffed) I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but unbuffed HP for me is 35k. Raid buffed before cool downs I get about 43k. I'm sorry if this didn't answered this given question but I don't know what you mean.

Sorry it took so long to write this but I been thinking how to answer these questions appropriately,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:07 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Imidril has been busy lately but I'm sure he'll get back to you soon. I will mention that our tanking roster is running pretty full currently, but anything could happen.

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:42 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

We are currently pretty full on tanks and would not have room to squeeze another into our roster. Attendance and player activity is constantly changing though, so feel free to check back at a later date.

Application denied at this time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]