Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Xayrus - Mage
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:10 am 

Character Name: Xayrus
Character Class: Mage
Days Played: 62 Days, 6 Hours
Days Played at 80: 33 Days, 9 Hours
Alt(s): Kyark

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

My name's Jean, I'm 17 years old and this year is my Senior year, I live in a Central Florida from a town no one has heard of 30 miles from Orlando. World of Warcraft is the only MMO I've played, started it all because my cousin, when I rerolled a mage and started raiding I knew this was my class, and probably my only class, I find fun in this game by researching the best way to pull out more DPS since it's what I do in raiding, wether it's number crunching or finding new rotations.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I've been in Divine Council to help out some friends of mine which didn't work out to well, I joined Ready Check to play with friends, they're good players in that guild, most of them friendly and love raiding, but there are still players who don't take things seriously when it comes to clearing Ulduar.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

In-Game, or by email.

4. How did you hear about us?

Just by playing on this server, some of the people I knew in Divine Council had friends in Immortality.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skullcrusher&cn=Xayrus&gn=Ready+Check

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

I play with a 32-bit operating system with 4 gigs of RAM, I get about 40 fps in raid and 60 in Dalaran, I've had no problems with my computer performance while raiding.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

I'm afraid I don't have any records.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

I've raided all of 25-man Ulduar with the guild of Ready Check, they've been helpful in explaining the fights to me and we've killed up to Vezax, but once we get to Yogg people start getting lazy, and mistakes happen, every week it seems we have to teach the players about phase one over and over again.

They killed Vezax before I joined, so I can't honestly say that I've gotten them where they are today, that would make me a liar. Ready Check is also clearing ToC and they killed Faction Champions after a few wipes.

All fights are different, and I do my best when engaging any boss to make sure things go smoothly, even if it is just sheeping a target, which can make a huge difference in the Faction Champions. As well as spellstealing spells on Iron Council hardmode, and Thorim arena, there are many roles I can play other than Damage Dealer, like for counterspell interrupts and decursing for example. What needs to be done will be done.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

Mage talents can be very gear dependant, there can be a lot of theory crafting behind it on which of the three main specs will put out more DPS (TtW/Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Deep Arcane). When players ask about what they should stat they should stack, it all depends on the spec. For Arcane and TtW/Fireball players stack Haste > Crit and Frostfire Bolt Crit > Haste, but for new mages in blues that roll Arcane it never hurts to get crit gear since most of the gear under level 213 that give out haste isn't really beneficial...Arcane at the moment is just a spec to go until you get the appropriate critical strike percentage for Frostfire Bolt (about 35% with fire spells) unfortunately Blizzard doesn't put that many items with Crit and Haste on the same item, and most of the items in Ulduar have haste on them, especially mage Tier, so TtW/Fireball is very gear dependant and shouldn't be really spec'd into unless you have the Spellpower or the Haste for it, or it will be a huge mana drain and little if no DPS gain.

TtW/Fireball is a great spec since it relies on a lot of Spellpower, mages are stacking haste and regaining the same amount of Critical Strike by Focus Magic on another mage who needs it, when in combat it is up nearly 100% of the time, which is 6% chance to critically strike, making up for that lost rating.

Rotations sounds simple but when people ask me what rotation I use I ask them if they want the in-depth one or the common one. The common one being: Keep Living Bomb up, spam Fireball, Pyroblast when you get Hot Streak. But I'll give you guys the in-depth one.

Mage talents are the core of their DPS, with talents like empowered fire, of course you stack as much spellpower as possible since your fireball damage is increased by 15% of your spellpower. But you will never see a FFB or TtW/FB mage without the Ignite talent. Ignite is usually 20% of your DPS, depending on the fight, you get it for critting and when you gain a lot of Hot Streak procs and raid buffs your crit chance will be pretty high. A true mages skill is timing the Pyroblast and Living Bomb, If your Living Bomb procs your Hot Streak for you don't cast it until you cast your Pyroblast, I never use Pyroblast after a Global Cooldown (this means if I get Hot Streak I usually start casting another Fireball before the Pyroblast so I can do more damage in between) casting this fireball also gives you another chance of doing a critical hit, if you critically hit with either Fireball or Pyroblast your ignite will tick twice for about 4k depending on how hard you crit the target (In this case it would be a little bit over 16k, it goes by 40% of your critical hit) if you cast Living Bomb before you do your Fireball + Pyroblast combo you risk having it Crit during...or even before your Ignite spell starts to tick, so instead of ticking for 4k it will tick for 300. Mastering things like this will increase your overrall damage per minute if it doesn't improve your damage per second.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I'm currently jobless and available all times during the week.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm221/fenderstrat02/WoWScrnShot_082109_015851.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

I'll make sure to keep a fire extinguisher near-by at all times, if it gets out of hand, sorry for not coming prepared!

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I love my class more than any other class, just theorycrafting makes me enjoy this game. Raiding is why I play this game, and I wouldn't play this game if it wasn't fun.

Post subject: Re: Xayrus - Mage
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 pm 

I'm sorry but I revoke my application.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]