[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Mystiik -- Disc Priest (TRANSFER)

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:00 am 

Character Name: Mystiik
Character Class: Priest
Days Played: 241
Days Played at 80: 51
Alt(s): Don't have any serious alts right now.

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
My name is Steve, i'm 17 years old and i'm from the beautiful state of Connecticut. Right now I dont hold a job, I just go to school so I have lots of time for wow.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Aakhri Din is the guild i'm in now over on Winterhoof, progression is slow. I picked Immo because it's been around forever, (Since I've been on SC) and it's a well respected, well run guild that I wish to be a part of.
3. What is the best way to contact you?
^ pick up line??
Seriously though, just hop onto "tha hoof" and make a char, add Mystiik and ask away. (I will be xferring though within this week so I will contact someone with my new name once I am on the server).
4. How did you hear about us?
Like I said, Immo has been around for a very long time, since pre-bc days, which is when I used to play on SC. SC forums also brought me here.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Mystiik
For whatever reason it is showing my pvp gear from pre-bc so I will keep updating armory until it shows my real gear, and repost. Currently I wear 3 t8.5 (helm, chest, gloves...all of which before 3.2), t9 shoulders, and ilvl 226 legs off of KT.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes and yes
7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
I get about 20-30 fps in a raid situation with all my things turned up to Ultra, except shadow quality (fml). In the new onyxia raid my FPS was fine, and we all know how shitty ony's lair is.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

I will post one within 24 hours...need to search through all of my guilds WWS.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
Jeez..well let's see. Pre-bc I did MC, Ony, BWL and 1 wing of Classic naxx. During BC, I full cleared Kara, ZA, TK, SSC, BT, Hyjal and Sunwell. (Twins pre-nerf). All of these were on my rogue, my priest was an alt at the time. Naxx, OS, Maly have been full cleared, been up to yogg and have seen some hard modes in Ulduar, and have done 3/4 bosses in TotC

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I LOVE raiding as a healing priest. Whether it's holy or disc, i love it (Disc and holy are my 2 specs). For Disc, I have a ton of crit which is ideally what you want so penance and flash heal hit harder since your spell power in Disc is a lot less than in holy. For me, Disc is all about damage prevention, I WILL NOT be topping meters as a disc priest. Holy is another story, the meters break when I am holy. Holy is big raid heals IMO yet still fairly strong single target healin (almost burst healing).

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
That sounds good to me.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt1/ ... 200910.jpg
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt1/ ... 084650.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Probably get the fuck out of my house....
14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I'm usually a nice guy, I have a subtle sense of humor, very mature for my age. I know when it's time to goof off and when it's time to shut the fuck up. I always come prepared to raids, and carry reagents for other fail players just incase they need some shit. I feel I will be a good addition to your guild because of my knowlefge as a raiding priest and hope I get the chance to prove it!

P.S. the forum wont let me directly post the pictures for my UI, so you have to manually copy/paste.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:42 pm 

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Mystiik

Armory is now updated

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Decent app.

I know we are running semi-heavy on healers at the moment, but wait for Veroz or Fleas to get a chance to look it over. They are our healing CLs.

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 pm 

Looks pretty good, except for a couple things

You should switch out that Meta, IED is going to be better unless you're hitting 3k Intellect.
You'd also benefit more from having crit head/shoulder enchants.
Also, unless you're switching between Disc/Holy frequently, mp/5 is going to be more beneficial then Spirit to a disc spec. In general, the most you should ever gem either is 1/2 a gem for blue slots.

And a couple questions.

What are Disc/Holy's stat priorities?

What are Disc's softcaps?

On a fight with light raid damage, heavy tank damage... If penance is on CD what are you casting?
On a fight with light tank damage, heavy raid damage, If penance is on CD what are you casting?
What, in your opinion, is the most romantic vegetable?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 pm 

And a couple questions.

What are Disc/Holy's stat priorities? Disc is crit, Int and haste is a secondary "requirement" but there is a cap on it. Holy would be spirit (IMO it is still useful even after the nerf), haste, mp5 is nice. Spell power are pluses to both as well.

What are Disc's softcaps? Not too sure what this is asking.

On a fight with light raid damage, heavy tank damage... If penance is on CD what are you casting? PoM, Flash Heal and Pw:S

On a fight with light tank damage, heavy raid damage, If penance is on CD what are you casting? Flash Heals, Renews and if absolutely necessary I'll do a PoH but I usually use those when specced holy.
What, in your opinion, is the most romantic vegetable?

Cucumber no doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:09 pm 

@ Wru, I do not mind being a backup healer for the time being until things get situated, as I stated, school is starting back up so I wouldn't mind having more time for that but if not, then I can be a fulltime raider as well...flexibility FTW.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 pm 
We are currently full on priests and healers in general. I find myself specing dps more and more often to allow more of our healers raid spots on a consistent basis. Nothing is set in stone though so feel free to check in at a later date. Application denied.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]