[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - VARGOTH - Level 80 - Warrior

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:49 am 

(Another Vargoth application, /flee)

Althought I've been in the guild now for several months I've been thinking about raiding regularly. This is something I've been hesitant to commit to but now I find I'm playing more so why not.

I've become interested in raiding especially because I've been trying to do it with pugs and, well, it fucking sucks and a waste of fucking time. I want to go in there with boys who pay attention and come prepared to get the job done lickidy split. Raiding takes long enough as it is without baddies wiping the group.

Down to business:

Dps- atm i use lol Armagedon and in all pvp gear I still pull 3.1-3.6k deeps. Obviously a weapon upgrade (which is coming soon and is pretty easy to get) will improve that number drastically. Currently I'm working on an armor pen set which will be rounded out by the end of this next week and I expect that to increase my dps further from 500 to 1000 despite the recent arp nerf.

Tank- obviously I'm most at home dpsing HOWEVER, with the inseption of dual spec, I began tanking immediately (which is something I always did back in the day of MC and BWL as arms). Right now in tank gear i'm at about 34.2k hp unbuffed. Fully buffed I'm almost 43k hp. With the new prot talents I actually ENJOY tanking and find it a million times more interesting than it was before wotlk.

P.S.: I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes or take raid spots away. If I'm needed or wanted then I want to come. If raids are full already that's fine too. All I'm saying is make me a raider and get me in there when ya can. Peace.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:55 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9882

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm 

i got a couple upgrades so now:

tank: 34.6k hp unbuffed

dps: OEB + the dps helm from triumph badges...getting the 1800 weapon this week

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:15 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:34 pm 

i've already app'd over 5 times using that format, seems redundant but ok

Character Name: Vargoth (the Great One)
Character Class: Ultimate Warrior
Days Played: almost 194 days played (on Vargoth, i have 4 80s and 2 70s)
Days Played at 80: almost 31 days
Alt(s): Beorning, Elahblamyah, Ellrohir, Greymantle, Lotharson.

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

26, Canandanan

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

oh fuck, Immortality, Sacred Legacy, Pheonix Rises, been guildless forever, never wanted to be in any guild but immo, have my own guild name Dragonslayer.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

in game, fb

4. How did you hear about us?

there was never a time i didn't know about Immo

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Vargoth

my gear is constantly changing, always getting new stuff.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

YES

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

i turn all my settings to the lowest, anything to improve performance for pvp.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

WWS records? not even sure what that means. My highest dps in a raid is about 4.5 k, i average 3.8 atm, about to get a big weapon upgrade tuesday, tanking i've tanked 10 man ToC, thats about the most i've done. In PvE there are always things I can learn and i'm open to advice and criticism always. I pay the fuck attention and am there to get the job done and get out as quick as possible.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

Other than what i just wrote above, I can note, pre-bc, i did research on aggro mechanics for warriors and posted my results on Sacred Legacy's forums. Warriors from every guild on the server and other servers started coming to our website to view my findings. I prooved that, with equal gear, arms warriors could hold as much aggro as prot warriors in a time where that was considered impossible. I've killed just about everything now other than heroic raids.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

ugh...Warrior is Vargoth and Vargoth is warrior. My brain irl works with a warrior mentality. I neither like nor dislike my class, it is simply me. I'm dual spec'd arms and prot, i love both spec's. I've always maintained that a warrior has to wear 2 hats: unstoppable force and an immovable object. As arms i have an attack power set and an arp set. As far as abilities, i like to put up rend as soon as possible and keep it up. This makes over power proc sooner and puts trama up which increases druid bleeds and all physical damage done to the target. I use mortal strike and execute whenever not on cd (glyphed for it) or unavailable, followed by over power and then and i use slam all other times (talented). As a tank i try to maximize my dps which usually involved spamming sheild slam whenever not on cd and then revenge (if available) and devastate as both those abilities have a chance to take shield slam off cd. Rage permitting i always use heroic strike ever swing untill there are multiple targets for which i'll sub cleave and throw thunder clap when off cd and usually throw out more devastates too as it hits multiple targets. I usually wait to use shockwave and my other stuns for opportunities such as holding more aoe aggro or when i'm in trouble and the healer needs more time.

all my abilities are hot keyed and i exceed and using my cd's just at the right time.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

my schedule is based on my work schedule which is faily random, however i'm only working like 30 hours a week now, if that, so i'm on nearly constantly

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

i don't share what my UI looks like and have gone through considerable trouble to keep it unknown, however if this is actually a big deal to any officers i will provide a link on an individual basis. Its nothing very special, i just feel my enemies shouldn't know about it (Horde).

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

fire checks its closet for Vargoth before it goes to be...no way its coming near my lair.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

Yall know me, commited to being the best, settle for nothing less, simple as that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]