[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Ilyyena Feral Druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ilyyena Feral Druid
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 pm 

Character Name: Iyyena
Character Class: Druid
Days Played: 55
Days Played at 80: 10
Alt(s): Modulate (horde rogue)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from? Well My name is Rob i am 20 and from NewBrunswick, Canada. My major hobbies are Wow, as well i play guitar.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher? I just x-ferred to alliance a couple of weeks ago with some friends, iw as in a guild that was progressing into ulduar 10 and toc 10. But then guild drama broke out so i decided to look somewhere else

3. What is the best way to contact you? By e-mail or on my character.

4. How did you hear about us? I was on a Toc 10 with approx 3-4 of your guild members, had a good time. Ask if you guys were recruiting and they told me to check out your website :D

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Ilyyena

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members? Yes i do!

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid? I have a Macbook with 4 gigs of ram and a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card, and a very stable internet connection.(usually run at 40fps and 150 latency on max graphics)

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt). Havent been in many raids lately, just the toc pug attempt randomly.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this? Since i only recently (a month or so) picked up my druid i have most of my experience on my rogue. I have cleared OS, Maly, All of naxx and half of ulduar. Most of the time i was top dps so i guess that helps :P I have noticed i have been getting to the top of DM's lately with my druid. (5k in 10 man toc with your guildies)

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why. I have 7k Ap 49% crit, 250 hit and 20 expertise so my gear is pretty decent. Now what i think about my class, I would never go boomking dps because I feel it is to Proc oriented with the eclipse. I find feral dps is gimped with lack of mobility, because if you are moving your def losing dps. But on single target fight i feel as though feral dps is a bit overpowered if we can just stand the a destroy the mob. For my raid flexibility, i also have a resto spec with 2100 sp 460 haste and 650 mana regen, so that is not a problem either.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday. Those times are perfect!

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface. Standard Ui with just x-perl, Hate a cluttered ui.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do? Let you guys know i have an emergency, take my computer and log on when everything settled down haha

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild. I have a feeling you may think i have subpar gear, but i just want to say i know my class inside and out, can pull legit dps and listen and can learn new fights within one attempt

Post subject: Re: Ilyyena Feral Druid
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:37 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Feral druids are overpowered.

We have a feral druid PhD in our guild so I'll let Imidril handle this app.

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:20 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:37 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You're in resto gear, please log out in your feral gear so that I can inspect that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:59 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

A couple of questions/observations for you.

What is the feral DPS "rotation"? Tell me the prioritized list of skills you use on a boss.

Why do you have a Exp/Stam gem in your pants?
Why do you have Agi/Crit gems in red and prismatic sockets?

A lot of your gear is unenchanted.

Why no Imp LotP or Survival instincts?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:33 pm 

Currently, on a boss i open with mangle then rake, usually i would have 3 combo points, and throw in a shred to get up to 4-5 cp's then savage roar. Use my tigers fury to get some energy and shred once, and by then i need to refresh rake and mangle, once i get up to 5cp's i throw a rip up. The majority of the time this is when i use berserk, because all my bleeds are fresh and i can just shred away till the end of the berserk, which then I use to refresh everything. (also i do make my self aware if there is a bear tank or an arms warrior in the group)

The main priority for a feral druid is definitely is Savage roar then bleeds. They have the best bleeds in the entire game and are a major priority, they are a must have on the boss at all times.

For the whole gem situation, i had been getting lazy on gold farming because that gets old really fast, so i didnt have enough to throw all 16 agi gems in all my sockets, but that is on my to-do list right now.

As for the pants, The are being replaced today with the 39 conquest badge legs, those were just a "tide" me over pair.

Enchants also go along with the money issue. Once again it is top on my list.

The reason why i do not have Imp LotP is because I find in a raid situation that the 2% health isnt necessarily crucial for dps, and the replenishment effect you get from so many classes from talents that they actually use for their dps. (ie: spriests Mind Blast) And for no survival instincts, i never really though about having it as a pve dps talent, but the more and more i think about, i can see it could take some strain off healers during a tight spot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:29 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

If you can't afford to gem/enchant your gear right now, how do you think your gold situation would hold out when you need to buy flasks and potions and cover any repairs?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:20 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thanks for the application and sorry for the late reply but we will have to deny this for now. Your gear just isn't where we need it for our current progression. Feel free to apply again once you've gotten some more Ulduar/ToGC gear.

-Wru

Immortality Guild Master

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]