[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Shadoweds 80 Human Shadow Priest

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 am 

Character Name: Shadoweds
Character Class: Priest
Days Played: 286
Days Played at 80: 125
Alt(s):

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

My name is Joe and I'm from New Jersey. I'm 26 married with two sons. My wife and I own two restaurants here at the Jersey Shore.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I was horde for most of my time playing W.O.W. and was originally from Mal'ganis and played in Vigil and Riot Act. I have my main's still in Vigil but since I've been on a caster fad I retired my Rogue from raiding and have been playing my priest. I transfered my priest to Thunderlord and joined tribute. I like the guild very much but wanted to come back to Skullcrusher to be with a lot of real life and in game friends.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
Via Email or in game

4. How did you hear about us?
Guildprogress.com

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Shadoweds
also have 5/5 T8.5 heal gear I duel spec disc

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes, I have both Ventrilo and a mic.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

Intel® CoreTM i7 975 3.33GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor.
Dual 1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260 192 Core - SLI® Enabled.
24GB Dual Triple-Channel 1333MHz DDR3.

I currently play on ultra setting in game and have no issues what so ever running wow. I use 20mbs speed through comcast (no choice that or verizon)

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/b4UcQ3Wr ... s=10&e=131
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/b4UcQ3Wr ... =305&e=435
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/aBCXvH6K ... 845&e=2215

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

Have done about all content out excluding Anub'arak H 25 best attempts to for us is 14% on phase 3. Yogg 0 on this toon best attempt was 3% wipe. Should have server first titles for both by end of this week or possibly next week. May I remind you that this toon is technically my alt but when ulduar hit decided to make my main. So most of my BC and original wow content done was done on my rouge.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I'm gonna be honest here but shadow priests as a class aren't needed to much other then for the plus hit. Our complex rotation makes shadow priests bad compared to other dps classes. My gear pretty much speaks for itself. What i dislike about my class is that we are on the bottom of the totem pole as far as caster dps and what I like is that they finally gave us mind sear aoe and dots that crit. My spec is best for me for max dps since i manage my mana well but i tend to change my spec considering the fight and my role in that fight. As far as raids go I can make any raid any time even if at work i have a computer in my office that runs wow really well also. My rotation to open is VT DP MB SWD MF 1tick and SWP for max shadow weave stack damage for my SWP. then after I usually stick to VT DP MF 3ticks MB when its up, always keeping VT and DP up. This rotation was directly from shadowpriest.com and in my opinion is best for maxing dps.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I can raid any day any time currently. It will not change I can play at home or work with out interruption or issues.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9207/w ... 205234.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Grab my kids, wife, personal belongings, laptop, and a lawn chair so i could finish raiding and let my house burn. I got home owners so who cares looks like I'd get that full basement I always wanted to turn into a bar. Win win situation imo.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I play well and always have 100% raid attendance. I'm usually quiet during raids unless I am asked to speak or asked about a strategy. I study each individual boss fight as if i were a tank, healer, melee dps and caster dps. So I know what to do and what others should be doing. I don't die often only to raid wipes and I push out alot of dps with out a problem. I come prepared to raids with Devout Candles, Wild magic pots, Speed pots, Mana pots, Frost Wyrm flasks, and personal food buffs. My gear is always full repaired prior to raids, and I don't afk during fights without permission. If for some reason I couldn't make a raid day I'm always polite enough to either post on forums or let a officer/GM know.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:27 am 
Lots of purple on that SS....lol. From what I can see (straining to see...tiny ass SS) it appears you have more than a few abililties not keybound. Other than that just sit tight and wait for either Surter or, more likely, Lennis to reply.

ILU SURTER <3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:49 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I talked with him for almost 2 hours. Good guy, know his stuff and have AN AMAZING COMPUTER SETUP OMGAWD!

He has our vent server, talk with him seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:02 am 

I do have all my spells keybound but do to the mods i use you really cant see on such a small picture. I have my SWP, MF, MB, SWD, DP, MF, VT, Fear,fiend, mass dispell, wand, dispell, Focus macro, Focus cast SWP and VT and abolish Disease. I'm sure there are a few more but none worth mentioning

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Xfer over. Welcome aboard!

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:35 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

i love and his sig and his avatar lol and w00t for another guy who has to deal with the headaches of owning a restaurant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:49 pm 

I wont be able to transfer over until October 28th for some reason with the faction change Its on a CD. So as soon as thats lifted I'll be over that day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:18 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

No doubt about it this guy knows his stuff, and as he said shadow priests are kind of meh now a days, we are by far lowest DPS class out there at this time. I dont agree with a few of your gear choices but to each his own, I feel that the T9 stuff is pretty lacking for shadow priest, and our set bonus are horrible. Rotations seem decent, as I said you know your stuff.

Now this brings me to the only thing that concerns me....we already have 2 shadow priests, and only one is EVER in the raid together, and with Surters return it will stay this way until our dps is buffed, I just dont see room for another shadow priest, but then again I am just a recruit again, so I could be wrong but from two years of experience in this guild I can tell you that only ONE spriest will be in the raid at a time.

Your friendly neighborhood Shadow Priest!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:19 pm 

Though our dps is considered the lowest compared to other casters, I never find myself out of the top ten for dps at least not to often. Alot of guilds do run 2 shadow priests for our VE one in the tank group and the other in either a melee group to assist healers. Though it varies guild by guild.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]