[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Angeliqe - Druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Angeliqe - Druid
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:04 pm 

Character Name: Angeliqe
Character Class: Druid
Days Played: Servers down at the moment, I'm thinking about 30 on my druid with 150 overall?
Days Played at 80: If my guess at 30 is correct, then it would be 20 at 80.
Alt(s): Draconek - Warlock, Jaidena - Priest, Draiman - Paladin

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

My name is Joshua but most people just call me JD. I'm 24 and living in a small town outside of Louisville, KY.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I'm currently in Sine Missione. I really have no will to leave, but my friend, the GM, says that we will be stopping raiding soon due to the difficulty of recruiting nowadays. I am currently an Officer and the Raid Leader of that guild.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

You can contact me in game, I'm usually on Angeliqe, but here lately I've been playing and leveling my rogue, Necturnal.

4. How did you hear about us?

I've been on this server since 6 months after it was released...how could I NOT hear about it? I've had friends in Immo, yet I'm not sure if any of them are still actively playing to be perfectly honest.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=angeliqe

Armory is currently down, so I"m guessing that would be the correct link. Currently, I'm a Feral tank / Feral dps druid, but I've been pidgeonholed into healing since ToC came out due to the lack of healers. To give a short synopsis of my gear, I have 37.9k health (using avoidance trinkets, 42 or so with stam trinkets), 40% dodge, 29k armor and am hit / exp capped. I'm still working on my DPS set as I just replaced the feral dps spec with resto, but my current stats are 7k AP, 48% crit, hit capped. I can hold about 3.5k dps on dummies and 3.2k in raids. Not much to see there, move along :(. My resto set (the one I was forced to use) has 2480 spell power and over 700 regen. It's my top set. I've only done boomkin once and for about a week, so that set won't even be mentioned.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes I do. My mic can be a bit finicky at times, but overall my setup is fine.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

My primary computer is down because I fried the video card in it. The current machine I'm running is quite out of date, but I can handle any 25m raid at medium graphics reasonable, except of course Ony25 when the whelps are eating faces. I don't disconnect or crash due to that, however.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

I don't currently keep WWS records, but I am one of those trolls who read my class forums on a daily basis and am constantly learning new things. I'm the kind of person who feels that if they can't do it right, they shouldn't do it at all, so naturally I try to maximize everything I do to the fullest. If anyone wants to point things out to me, I'm typically good at receiving advice, but be prepared for me to ask you why. I know my stuff pretty well and am always willing to take on new and good information, but you better have your homework done.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

I didn't raid at all in Pre-BC because the guild I was with didn't raid. We were mostly a leveling guild, and there were only a few of us who were 60. Some moved on, but I have an issue with dedication, I don't leave a guild until it's really time to call it quits. In BC, however, I cleared Kara and Grulls Lair (Pretty sure it was before any nerfs, I don't remember anything getting any easier...) with Cobra Commandos. Due to my hefty work schedule, I didn't make it TOO far past that, but I did down a bit of TK with CC as well, and some of SSC with My Little Pwny. In Wrath, I went into the guild I am in now and downed everything in all t7 instances, up to Thorim in Ulduar, and all of t9 except for Heroics.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I was a warlock until halfway through BC, and a priest up until 2 months ago. Now I play my druid, and I couldn't imagine a better class. There is very little that I dislike about my class (except of course no more noggenfogger :( ). I leveled my druid to 40 in Pre-BC, and didn't touch it again until I zoomed to 80, so I still have a good feeling of what druids used to be like then, and how they are now. I love the feral spec most of all. I've played resto through every encounter Wrath has had to offer me that I've listed above (as well as tanking), but the spec really bores me. I healed on my priest the majority of the time it was my main, and while I have a much easier time on my druid in terms of healing, my priest interests me a lot moree in that department.

In terms of rotations, I have all of my primary tanking abilities minus swipe macroed to maul to keep it in queue. With that said, I always keep maul up, I use FFF and Mangle on CD, and I maintain a 5-stack of lacerate while using swipe as a filler in between if I have nothing better to do. Internet pron and tanking at the same time don't interest me, so I'll stick with my swipe filler. As far as DPS goes, I use FeralByNight to help me out a bit, but when I'm ignoring that due to saving my berserk cooldown for a better time, I open with FFF, then rake, then Savage Roar (those people who say you need 5CP for SR is retarded. Just thought I'd mention), then mangle, then shred to 5CP, then rip. After that, I make sure that I keep rake, SR, rip, and the Mangle debuff up and rinse and repeat. I also ignore using Mangle if there is a druid tank or arms warrior, and I ignore FFF if there is a druid tank or a boomkin.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I just started a new job so I haven't gotten a schedule yet. If all things pan out the way I want them to, I'll be working Wed, Thur, Fri, and Sat from 9pm-7am, so I will be missing 2 of the nights. I'm not looking to be a core raider as my impending work schedule will deny me that, but I would raid any other times that I am needed.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

Again, servers are down so I can't supply that right now. Addons that I use, however, are FeralByNight, Bartender, and Shadowed Unit Frames. I have several more, but those are the only ones that effect my direct interface. As far as raiding addons go, I have recount, DBM, and Omen.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Finish the encounter, hope the roof doesn't collapse.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

As I mentioned before, I'm not looking to be a core raider. I'm saying that now to not disappoint anyone later. I am, however, a very dedicated individual and help out in any way and in all ways that I can. Progression isn't nearly as important to me as playing with people that I enjoy playing with, so what I am really looking for is a guild with some friendly faces who know how to enjoy themselves while still retaining a serious attitude to get things done. With this in mind, I've also applied to Hanging with my Gnomies and Vindictive. I'm applying for the people, not the progression (considering I won't be available all progression nights, that seems like a good outlook to me). If you'd like any more information, feel free to contact me via this thread or in game.

EDIT: Posted wrong stats on my resto set..

Post subject: Re: Angeliqe - Druid
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:09 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:54 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:57 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:55 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Good luck in Vindictive, good group of players.

Sorry about Dante, he's a grumpy old man.

Immortality Guild Master

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]