[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Resto Druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Resto Druid
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 pm 

Character Name:Preceived
Character Class:Druid
Days Played:107
Days Played at 80:53
Alt(s):

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I am 29 and live in maryland, have been playing wow for about 2 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Fidelity, but the server is really bad and i am tired of teaching people how to play and want to concentrate on my own play.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
Email
4. How did you hear about us?
Friend
--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Preceived

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
yes
7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?Quad core cpu, 4 gigs ram, usually at about 40 -50fps in raids

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
Dont have one at this time but I can work on getting one from next raid if needed.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
Not much raid exp pre wrath due to the fact I hit 70 as sunwell came out. Have cleared all wrath content except 25togc and anub on 10togc due to the lack of decent players on this server.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
As a resto druid my primary roll has been to keep the raid topped off, and keep hots on tanks. I like being a raid healer because I can anticipate incoming damage to raid members and deal with it accordingly wether it be rejuv or lb for light damage or ns, ht for those ooh sh@t moment and anything in between.My gear is mostly 25toc with a few lower ilvl pieces yet to be upgraded, but havent had any trouble healing content i have cleared.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I am on 7pm till 1am eastern mon thru fri, and off and on all day on the weekends.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2774 ... 212030.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I am a good play, easy to get along with. I always show up for raids on time and prepared. I can carry my own weight and I am looking to have my skills pushed to the limit in new content and hard modes.

Post subject: Re: Resto Druid
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:09 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I see a boomkin dual-spec, interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:10 am 

Unless I'm mistaken your abolish and decurse aren't bound, and definitely aren't mouseover-macro'd... with no grid (as far as i can see) and no mouseover macro, and the fact that you're probably clicking it, I don't see how you're able to decurse and depoison correctly... also, if your hands can reach 5-0 that's great I guess but 1,2,3 as stuff you'll rarely use in pve? Also, none of your forms are bound... anywhere. Not trying to be mean, just constructively criticizing. I'm not a raider anyway so my opinion doesn't count :P.

If I were you i'd finish out my bindings, pick up grid if you don't have it, and mouseover macro those curses and poisons so that you're able to get rid of them without targeting, that really does take alot of time off. I could be wrong, but IIRC if you have buttons bound they have either the thing they're bound to or a * inside them, and I don't see either with like, your whole bottom bar. Your meta gem choice is ... odd, to say the least, your idol is just flat out wrong, and your boot enchant is wrong too. The mp5 gems and gear are strange and questionable at best, and you're way, way, way, way over haste cap for a resto druid (it's 250). You're also running glyph of nourish over glyph of innervate, which is fine, but that's a bit strange because you're also not running empowered touch and 1/3 living seed so your nourish isn't hitting as hard as it could... you're also using nature's grace, which is mediocre. Drop some points in NG and pick up empowered touch. Fleas runs a really good pve spec, if I were you I'd just copy his spec, maybe toss 1 point from revitalize to natural perfection, depending on how much you like crit vs. the mana/energy/rage return. It's not the end of the world, but you won't keep up on hard modes and future content unless you fix this stuff. I see some other stuff that really should be fixed but it's not worth mentioning here.

Also, it's perceived. =p

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:40 am 
So.....uhm......ya. Linky pretty much covered most of my question's'/concern's.....lol.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:18 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hi. Linky has a few points right and a few points wrong. But he's a badiator so it's to be expected. Your meta gem is fine, it's what I and a large portion of resto druids use. Your haste is also fine, I'm sitting at over 500 these days, 250 is way too low anymore. I use Xperl and decursive and wack-a-mole my decursing and poisons so maybe you do something similar? Otherwise you need to follow up on what Linky said and pick up some mouse over macro's and grid cause mages are lazy and won't decurse :P As Linky mentioned, as soon as you get 25 triumph badges pick up the idol of flaring growth. It's basically a constant 234 spell power that's always up. Unless I'm missing something I would find it very hard to heal using the keys you have bound. Do you rest your fingers naturally on 1-4 or further down like 5-8? I'd fill up your other minor glyph spots even though there's really only one other one that's a minor help in pve (glyph of the wild). Linky has pretty much covered your spec, I know some druids still go down further for nature's grace, but it's best used for nourish spam but you don't have points in empowered touch or living seed. Personally I prefer just dropping the bare minimum 11 in balance and filling up my lower resto talents. Since the change to innervate and the buff to mp5 picking up mp5 gear isn't the end of the world but I would still recommend focusing on spirit gear and gemming purified over royal as you do get +healing from it in tree.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:08 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:15 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]