[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Thorvaldr - Shadow/Holy Priest

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 am 

Character Name: Thorvaldr
Character Class: Priest
Days Played: 110 days played
Days Played at 80: 34 days.
Alt(s): Charoun (80 Warlock); Trutarus (80 Deathknight); Pepita (80 Enhance Shaman); OwenWilson (80 Holy Pally)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

21 years old from New Brunswick, Canada. Currently a Student in University.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I’ve been in Diversity and Vindictive for most of my time in WoW. I played with Diversity through most of TBC, joined Vind during BT/SWP. And then re-joined Diversity when WOTLK came out.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

In game would most likely be easiest.

4. How did you hear about us?

Been on Skullcrusher for a few years now, common knowledge you could say.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Thorvaldr

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

I use an AMD Phenom 2 X4 940. 3.00 GHz, 4 gigs of RAM. I run at about 30-40 FPS at max settings in a 25 man raid. I usually sit at around 90ms latency.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

I don’t have any current WWS reports, I’ll take one of my next raid if you are willing to wait.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

In TBC I cleared Karazhan, Gruul’s, Mag’s, Alar and Voidreaver with Diversity. With Vindictive I cleared all of Hyjal, Black Temple and up to Felmyst in Sunwell. In WOTLK I’ve cleared all normal mode content aside from Yogg and Algalon. For hard modes I’ve done all of ToGC 10.

My role in these kills varied quite a bit between Diversity and Vindictive. In TBC with Diversity I played as a Holy Priest and raid lead in all of our raids. With Vindictive I played as shadow, and as was the job of every Spriest back in BC, I played the role of mana battery, me pushing every extra bit of dps out of my character allowed healers and/or other caster dps to push out even higher numbers themselves with the enlarged mana pool I provided them.

In WOTLK I continued to raid lead for Diversity, while playing as Shadow. With the introduction of Replishment my toons role became more about dps and excellent multi-target damage than about providing mana.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

As a priest I really enjoy the amount of versatility we have. We’re great raid healers as holy, great tank healers/preventative healers as Disc, and can put out competitive numbers as shadow.

I also really enjoy our “rotation” as shadow which is much more complex than many classes, even after being dumbed down a bit in WOTLK. I feel that Shadow is a very demanding spec to master, there is almost always room for improvement on any fight, and I use that as motivation to become stronger and stronger with my class.

My gear is all chosen with the stat weights of a Shadow Priest in mind, that of course being SP > Crit > Haste > Spirit.

As far as my rotation goes, its more of a priority system of VT > DP > Mind Blast > Mind Flay. While making sure not to clip my mind flays before they tick, and making sure not to apply SW:P until I have 5 stacks of shadow weaving.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

As of right now I can make all of those times. If anything happens to change that, I will let you know immediately.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Hearth, log out, and run for my life.
Later I’d give you play by play commentary of me screaming like a little girl and running panic stricken from my home though.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

Well, I guess I can say that I’m a mature and focused raider, I won’t be heard complaining, or whining after wiping over and over on a new boss.

I have a lot of raid leading experience, and feel I’m a very strong raider overall for it. I can pick up fights quickly, and am able to easily see what is going on in a fight and pick out what is going right, and what is going wrong.

I’m not sure if you guys are specifically recruiting a shadow priest at the moment, I saw that you need casters in general. I also saw that you are in need of a Holy/Disc priest and I’d be willing to fill that role as well if you aren’t in need of a shadow priest. I have plenty of experience as Holy, and have played a few months with Disc as my healing spec in WOTLK.
That’s about all I can think of for now. You won’t regret recruiting me!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 am 

Here's a log from a 10 man ToC I did tonight.

Beasts I was snobold'd twice which caused a dip in my dps.
Jaraxxus I was happy with, though I let myself run oom at 2% from multi-dotting.
Faction Champs obviously is hard to read, but I feel I did well.
Twins on our wipe attempt I spent too much time running around, and corrected that in our 2nd attempt where we downed them.
Anub'arak I was fairly happy with as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'll give Photek a heads up about you, he was just saying yesterday how he wanted another SP.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:11 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Definitely looks like a solid application. With our shadow priest attendance (Lennis being MIA and me having shitty hours at work) we could use the addition of another one. His meters for his 10man look good. He has my support.

- Krattos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:26 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'd be interested to see Veroz's interest level in picking you up as Holy/Disc. I do already have somebody in mind for my new shadowpriest, but I'm not opposed to over-recruiting with 3.3 coming quickly.

Can you post a link to your holy/disc gear or log off in it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:34 pm 

Armory should show my Holy set now.

It needs a bit of work to be honest, and there's a few pieces that cross over with my Shadow set right now that I'd need to re-gem if you wanted me as Holy/Disc.

I also picked up the T-9 chest today to replace my Conq chest, just needs to be gemmed and enchanted.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:51 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Out of curiosity, do you prefer healing or DPS?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:11 am 

I enjoy both, but I'd have to say DPS simply because it's what I feel I'm stronger at, due to more experience.

Originally I only ever healed, but once I started raid leading, it was much easier to dps well while leading then healing while leading.

So I went with DPS.

I'm comfortable with either role though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:10 am 

I vote Fauzner over this clown!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm not MIA silly pants....I told people I wouldnt be here untill after Christmas.....stupid Gamestop and my crazy hours :(

But I do support this app, at least till the week after christmas :P

Your friendly neighborhood Shadow Priest!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:59 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:40 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thor,

You seem like a good fit. Send me or Veroz a tell for an invite. We'll discuss what we want to do with you later.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:10 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:46 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Nah man, I play that a little mostly on friday/saturdays (my days off most weeks) working ALOT until beginning of January

Your friendly neighborhood Shadow Priest!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:23 pm 
Then log on so I can Finally give you the 400g I owe you. You noob.
P.S. /wave Hi Lennis!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next