[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - shadowÅs

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: shadowÅs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:32 pm 

Character Name:shadowÅs
Character Class:druid
Days Played:34 on this toon
Days Played at 80:16
Alt(s):26 paladin ængel

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
my name is tate loder, im 16 and im very sagacious for my age. and im from houston texas.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
i came from blackhand. and i transfered because i had friends on this server, so i came over here to play with them

3. What is the best way to contact you?
in game? whisper..
irl, phone. xxxxxxxxxx it seems some people are planing to abuse this information.

4. How did you hear about us?
i was just doing some reserch on guilds in this server and your guild looks at about my level.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... dow%C3%A5s
6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
yes
7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
yes

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
toc10/25
uld25 up to yogg
os10+3
nxx
voa10/25
ony10/25

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

well, i play druid. resto and boomkin. and as resto i have alot of hots which helps keep tanks and other raiders alive. i like druids because my nourish, fully raid buffed, crits for 15k. my healing rotation on tanks is regrowth,rejuv, and if he/she is taking alot of damage, ill spam a copple nourishes. and on dps, ill throw a rejuv and hit them with a swiftmend if their low on health. other than that, ill use wild growth often.and as boomkin, dps rotation is easy. i just dot dot dot and spam wrath untill eclipse procs, then starfire. keep dots up and boom, 5kdps. and since i hardly ever go oom as either of my specs, i always have a free inervate for a healer when needed.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.i can make those raid times

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

get out of the house as fast as possible. real life before WoW is my moto. and th way i see it, i can either stay and die, but help the raid, or i can live and be able to help the raid in the future.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.i have a dry sence of humor, and ill often crack a joke if i feel the situation can handl it. but i also take raiding eriously. and i ussualy have a high tollerance to immaturity, but if it gets unbelievable, i will probably ignore the person.

Last edited by shadowas on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: shadowÅs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You used the word sagacious so I thought MAYBE, just MAYBE this guy is smart. Unfortunately for you, I was wrong. I am not here to judge your skills, gears, or experience, but I can look at your applicaiton and see that it is riddled with typos, crappy word usage, and poor grammar. Word of advice, don't try to be someone you aren't because its the internet and you think that no one will notice.

Dictionary.com is great, but next time you want to use a fancy word, make sure you have the "wisdom" and "keen sensation" to make it look consistent.

Yours Truly,

Dr. Dante

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 am 

App is missing a picture of your UI - which can be very telling. I'd grab a quick screenshot and host it on photobucket or tinypic or whatever if you want to be considered. That said, I didn't really look at your app (Fleas should come along soon enough and actually look this over) but the one interesting thing I noticed is that when showing your resto "rotation" you mentioned that you open with regrowth, and never once actually said "lifebloom." That's more than a little bit disconcerting... It's not the best raid healing tool but It's the quickest-ticking hot in the game, making it the most likely to tick on and save a tank that is taking damage... and it also has the controllable 10-20k+ bloom. I feel like controlling lifeblooms, when they go off and when you keep them rolling on the tanks, is one of the most fundamental and important skills for a resto druid right now. I was more of a raid healer than a tank healer, but AFAIK spamming nourish without lifeblooms is a just bad practice unless swiftmend is down and the tank is actually dying.

As far as itemization goes, most of it looks fine... your haste is pretty high (522) but from what fleas tells me about ToC gear sub-400 haste is actually difficult to avoid. Your int trinket scares me a little bit, but that's easy to fix and I can give you the benefit of the doubt. Other than that, your gear choice looks appropriate and is encouraging. Gems look fine, but if you're applying to a high end guild you really need to have your enchants in order. You're lacking a bracer enchant, shoulder enchant, cloak enchant, and boot enchant, and your chest enchant is +8 stats instead of 10. At the moment, gear and spec are all we can look at, so before you apply you should really have everything enchanted to show us your best. Resto spec looks fine, but I'm not really qualified to comment on the boomkin one.

Anyway, Fleas should get back to you soon, but while you're waiting on that I'd suggest you grab a screenshot of your UI and enchant your gear.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:35 am 

Nah, you're still young and stupid. If that number is real, expect drunk dials from D2L.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:53 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Applying to an end game raiding guild is a lot like submitting a resume for a job. You want it to look neat
and presentable and to ensure it highlights all the right facts and details. Unfortunately, when you submit
an application with little to no punctuation it tends to draw the attention away from where you want it. I
think Linky has pretty much covered your gear and pointed out what needs to be done. Your gear is
pretty good just needs more effort put into enchanting it. Your rotation has no mention of lifebloom at
all and I think your 15k Nourish crits are a bit embellished with your gear since mine don't even crit for
that yet.

All that said, it's not a horrible application but I'm going to have to deny it at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:24 pm 

imo, my lacking grammer/punctuation skills has little to do with WoW raiding. but if i really must be denied due to the fact that im still alittle young, and not as intellectualy gifted as most, its just some-what.. unbelievable. and i didn't use sagacious to look smart, its the word my mother uses to describe my personality when she has friends over, because my dad has been in jail since i was 4, ive taken care of my sisters, acting as a father figure in essence.

Last edited by shadowas on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

YOU FAIL, GOOD DAY SIR!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:19 pm 

wow.. atleast my being 16 years old, and being more mature than you dante, i can feel alittle better about being denied. so at least i dont have to deal with people like you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:11 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]