[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Paperrogue - Rogue

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Paperrogue - Rogue
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 pm 

Character Name: Paperrogue
Character Class: Rogue
Days Played: 40 days, 8 hours
Days Played at 80: 29 days, 3 hours
Alt(s): Papershaman, Papermage, Paperdeath

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
My name is Jeff, and I'm 17. I'm from Hamilton, in southwestern Ohio. I play various 360 games in addition to WoW, I listen to rock / metal / progressive metal, and I like chocolate covered (gluten-free) pretzels, among other things.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
I was in HOSS, but left because they weren't progressing at all. (This was a while ago.) I was in Clarion Call, but they basically fell apart.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
In-game whisper or email.

4. How did you hear about us?
Browsing guild progression ranking sites and seeing you in-game.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Paperrogue
I know my gems and itemization could be better based on the spreadsheet, but I'm still working on that.
I have grim toll to replace mirror, but I don't need the hit, and I never seem to win any other trinkets. Going for scorpion from H FoS.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes, but my mic is sorta in pieces... (it does work to some extent though)

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
Intel Core i7 920, overclocked to ~3.2GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX275
I have roadrunner high speed, and I'm not sure of the actual cable speed but I can download things between 1 and 1.3 mb/s. It's fast.
I was holding at least 15fps during FoK spam on onyxia 25, with 2x multisampling and max graphics effects settings. If it's not fast enough, idk what is.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
I have no WWS reports, as the only ones I remember being in have expired, and I've never uploaded (or gathered) any data. However, I just found out about the /combatlog command, so I can give you some of those from future raids if you would like.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
I remember doing most of, if not all of naxx10 with HOSS. After I joined clarion call, we did naxx25, and eventually ulduar 10. We did ulduar 25 as well, but never to completion. Hard modes were out of the question for us. Essentially, I was main interrupts on vezax, I dispelled the enrage off of gluth, and I provided consistently high dps. I did evasion tank a trash mob and kill it once in ulduar after everyone else died, that was tight.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
Ah, rogues. My favorite aspects would be the huge crit chance, ridiculously fast attack speeds (I've seen something near .6 MH / .5 OH once), and the occasional giant envenom crits. I play mutilate for both raiding and pvp. My raid spec is 51/18/2 (optimal based on elitistjerks), and my PvP spec is a small variation of the standard muti/prep spec. (43/5/23) Look in the armory link if you want to see specifics. I've been gemming for agi rather than AP, because I like the extra crit for more +2 energy procs. Rotation-wise, I open (TotT) garrote, HfB, SnD. If ruthlessness procs and I get another combo point, I envenom to get SnD up to 20 seconds. If not, I mutilate and envenom asap to avoid dropping SnD. After I have HfB / SnD established, I mutilate to 4 or 5cp and rupture. For the rest of the fight, I build to 4 or 5 cp and envenom, unless rupture is down then I use that. I use tricks whenever I can, and if I'm too high on aggro anyway, I vanish and start the rotation from the start, because vanish wipes my aggro. Instant Poison on MH, deadly OH.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
Typically I have school, but it generally doesn't affect me between 8 and 12.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... 014552.jpg (out of combat)
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb25 ... 182200.jpg (in combat)

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Grab my shoes / laptop, head outside, have a seat along the road, and hijack my neighbor's internet to get back on.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I know what I'm doing in raids, I know my class front and back, I understand game mechanics well, and I know all other classes fairly well. I adapt well to changing situations, and I'm always willing and/or eager to learn what I don't know. I know you're not recruiting rogues at the moment, but I figured it couldn't hurt to apply. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Paperrogue - Rogue
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:08 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

This is just a disgrace
- Mongoose on your offhand
-Blue gems
-10 agi and 15 stam in your helm?!?!?
-AP > Agi with your gear
-No chest enchant
-you still have glyph of rupture..though you don't have t8 4set
that is all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:12 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:35 am 

Mongoose died a year ago. It's still dead now. Only jews get Mongoose over Berserking.

Nobody uses Rupture in any rotation anymore. Warriors, druids, and hunters keep up bleeds for Hunger for Blood. Fan of Knives has more viability than that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:44 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:40 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I don't see how it's hard for people to get money for enchants and gems, I mean you can buy epic gems from the heroism badge vendor for 10-20 badges, you can get free enchanting mats from instances, you can also do like 10 dailies in like 30min and have enough for berserking. Also I've been using Golem-Shard Sticker since May and i've had no problem with it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:05 pm 

Yeah... 10k honor for a gem too I think.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:02 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Chasing socket bonuses that ends up costing DPS, gear that every single rogue alt in our guild easily outgears, no experience in current end game, and (most important) you don't have full grasp of the rogue class yet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]