[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - BM hunter

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: BM hunter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:01 am 

Character Name:Wolken
Character Class:beast mastery, hunter
Days Played:343
Days Played at 80:149
Alt(s):shadowofdead,holy priest,geared

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

i will be 20 in 3 months, iam from vancouver canada.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

i have been in AEON, which is a newly formed guild on skullcrusher, iam a server transfer, i used to play on an PVE server but then i took a 3 months break, and when i came back all the guildies have either moved to an other server or stoped playing wow, so in order to make a new start i changed the server, to skull crusher.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

in game,iam online 24/7 either on my hunter or my priest

4. How did you hear about us?

Ever since i came to this server, i have seen 3 main allince guilds that have geared people, immortality was one of them. and since i mostly aim high i chose to start with this guild, for my hardcore raiding.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skullcrusher&n=Wolken

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

yes, i have vent, but iam having a little problem with mic, some people say they can hear me fine, others say they cant hear me good, so i guss i have to try it on your vent and see how it is there.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

yes, i just got my new PC 2 weeks ago, which is when i joined my current guild, my PCs specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
system type: 64-bit
Graphics: 1 GB ati radeon

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

to be Honest i dont have any, but iam a pree good player, if someone askes me how good iam. i sur do listen and do as the leader of the raid says, but if i think there is a better way that we can down this boss, i would definitely tell the leader about it, and see what hes opinion is on that.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

i have mostly don alot of TBC raids, and some of them starter ones untill patch 3.0.9. but i didn occasionally get online and finished naxx and other raids with my guildies, i was mostly the guy who explained the raid to the people who didnt get some parts of it, since i didnt get angry as fast as our leader, or officers, and for some reason they understood me better than the GM. in other raids, i sometimes came up with different ways to kill bosses.what was my classes roll in all this? everything! as a BM you are considered both a mele class and ranged class, so i know where every class should stand or what they should do. it helped me alot, to understand every class.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

i love BM, the reason i went to be BM was because it was the only class that needed alot of attention in a raid or pvp, your not only controlling your hunter but also your controlling your pet, i have played as shadow priest , warrior, pally (the most boring class) , warlocks (they were pree awsome actually) mages and etc. in the end i found that BM hunters require the most attention and when you play then you need to be focused, any small mistake can get your pet killed, and you will lose 1/3 of your dps.

dislikes: my class need a little more attention on the pet side, adding a little damage to pets is a nice thing,although with the states from the new tire gear, its alot better to be BM that any other spec, since they got alot of haste, sur blizzared isnt buffing BMs but they are putting the buff in gear set.

in my opinion, if blizzared buffed BMs pet a little more, noone would every consider getting an other class for their raids,(except some classes that are needed for buffs ) :) a BM is like having a warrior and a ranged class, BUT its even better in some ways, for example in VOA, when the bosses do AOE damage on the ground, a mele should stop dpsing and run away,which will cause him to lose DPS, while a hunters pet can stay and he would only take 10% of the AOEs damage since they have a talent called [avoidance] also, in any raid, there are some bosses that put a debuff on range classes and some that put a debuff on mele classes, if you have a BM hunter it affects either the pet or the hunter,so if one of them stops DPSing because of the debuff then it doesnt hurt the overall DPS of the class since the other one (pet or hunter) is still doing its dps, but if you were a warrior and you had to stop dpsing because of a mele debuff you would lose all your dps in the 10 sec that the debuf lasts.

my rotation is, serpent sting, amid shot, or multishot, arcane shot, then 2 or 3 steady shot (depending on haste) but during that time i should be watching my pet and use a viper sting on a nearby target if possible.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

i am online every day, every houre. i can do any raid and the time doesnt matter, heck what ever it is iam sur its alot better than doing 20 random dungeons using the dungeon finder...

and about the raid time, its all ok but the guild that my priest is on is a late night guild they start raiding at 23:30 so does your raids always take untill 12 AM or do they finish sooner? overall i rather gear my hunter first than my priest, so the hunter is my n1 priority.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

dont have any atm, as i said i got this PC 2 weeks ago and iam missing some small addons , but for overall look, i use all the important addones, like DBM and stuff that helps be aware of my surrounding, as for the action bars and stuff, i use the wow action bars, even tho i sometimes dont have spots for new macros i still like them better than bartender and stuff like that.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

i would yell holy shit on vent and leave the PC to put some water or something on the fire, after all its alot better to miss one raid rather than dieing from fire and missing every raid after that, Because your DEAD.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

i have been playing this game for 3 years now, as much as i spent time playing on retail i have played on Pservers, they thought me alot of stuff about PVP, since usually harcore people go there( yes hardcore ) you have no idea how many people would come there and complain that they have been raiding for 15 houres that day and lost a roll to a newbie.
they are also great in PVP, i was a normal person PVPing on a Pserver and now when i duel in dalaran or fight in BG, i kill 3 to 4 people before i go down, even tho iam a BM hunter.

one last thing, i hate it when people say they are playing this game to have fun!, this game is not made for having fun, this game is like a challenge its not fun at the beginning but once you down a boss or earn an achievement then it gets fun, sur your here to have fun, but more importantly you are here to WORK HARD, to achieve what you wanted.

thanks in advance for reading my application, regardless of what your overall view is about me.

Post subject: Re: BM hunter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:48 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'll buy my account back for 100 dollars.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:57 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:18 am 

umm account? me and my brother shared this account all the way through BC and WOTLK. are you sure you got the right person? lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

people still dps raids as bm?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:09 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You have very little end game raiding experience and your english seems pretty bad. Is it your first language? How come you've cleared TOC25 normal but have no 245 T9? Did you just pug it and not win a trophy?

I don't know much about hunters so I'll let somebody else speak to your spec and rotation. Gear is decent enough i suppose. I also was under the impression that BM was really really bad in 25 man right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:12 pm 

This guy knows his stuff, this was a friend of mine from back in the day and he used to be top dps on his warlock in DE. As for if this is krinards account, I don't know but this guys been around forever.. and hes from Germany originally so his English is not the best. Best luck to you buddy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:26 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Yep pretty sure this is the account since the priest is only 2 achievements from the 25man proto drake.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:18 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

From everything I read about hunters I thought BM was dead last in raids out of the three hunter specs. Out of curiosity do you use any modeling tools such as rwar to help you out or any theory crafting websites? If so which ones do you use?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

who was your warlock in DE?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:10 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Wow, Lyllie says you suck so you are probably terrible. Please go away.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Application denied.

Thanks for your interest.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]