[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Alerias - Holy Paladin

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alerias - Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:42 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Alerias
Character Class: Paladin
Days Played: 72 Days, 10 Hours
Days Played at 80: 17 Days,
Alt(s): 3 in the 70-80 range

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

My name is Chris; I live in Athens Georgia and am a student at the University of Georgia. I love Georgia football, regardless of the season stats unlike some sport team fans! I play Magic the Gathering occasionally and live with my girlfriend and Jack Russell terrier. I am really outgoing like to talk on vent and even meet up with people in my area that I play the game with. Such real life meetings have included: Paladeus, Haniel, Wray, Faxanadu and Dante to name a few. Most of these you might not recognize unless you played way back in the day!

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

Immortality: My first guild outside of “the real life friend guild that you and all your friends make when you first start playing”. Joined back in December of 2004 and have been at least a small part ever since.
Evolution: When TotC came out, Immortality did not have much room for me as a raider so I gave Evolution a shot. In the middle of TotC many of the leaders decided to “quit” and later show up in Rage.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

In game, or on forums, AIM: callinger1

4. How did you hear about us?

Back in December of 2004, my RLF Shrew was recruited by Hulex and Gunsmoke and I followed shortly after!

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Alerias

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yup, just sometimes get owned by the mute button :(

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

Intell Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, 4093 MB of RAM GeForce 8800 640MB Video Card, I run everything on highest settings with the exception of full screen glow, because I don’t like it. I have yet to have any frame rate problems.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

Don't have one at this time.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

Most of my relevant raiding experience comes from Pre-BC raiding. I was the mage class leader of Immortality from Molten Core through Naxx. I was part of several world and server first and know what it takes to be a hardcore raider. I transferred servers and back again to complete Atiesh, and rolled a paladin as my main when BC came out. I played an active part in BC up until mid way through Black Temple. I had real life work pop up and couldn't make consistent raid times. After WotLK came out, I was a student in college with plenty of time to play. I hung out with Immo for a while but my shoes were filled so I decided to raid with Evolution. I raided with Evo through their progress in TotC up till they all split and joined Rage! As a mage I did leet dps and as a paladin I make sure that my tanks didn’t die!

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I love my class. I believe that a holy paladin’s role in a raid is one of the most important if not the most important role in a 25-man raid. Even though most encounters call for face roll HL spam, holy paladins carry the highest responsibility in most boss fights, keeping that tank alive. If a dps dies or misses a rotation, the fight will go on. If a paladin messes up, it most likely results in a wipe. I am good at my class because I carry a high amount of concentration into raid encounters and am very aware of my surroundings while fighting. I don’t stand in ominous clouds or watch tv while I raid, however I do listen to music or football game. I respect the other members of my guild in that I am considerate to try my hardest not to waste their time by causing a raid wipe due to my negligence. My gear is typical of a holy paladin that focuses on holy light, as oppose to flash of light, in that I gem and enchant almost exclusively int, with the only exception being one sp/mana/5 gem to activate my meta and sp to me weapon. As far as rotations go, healers don’t use them. I most likely will be using holy light to keep two tanks up while relying on good judgment for mana conservation and other obstacles.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I am a college student without any night classes and have no problem being up till midnight.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://yfrog.com/5cwowscrnshot010810222727p

-Advance Tradeskill Window -OmniCC
-AtlastLoot -PallPower
-AutoBar -Prat
-Bagnon -Quartz
-Bartender4 -Recount
-DBM -SCT
-ElkBuffBars -SpeedyActions
-Forte -SexyMap
-HealBot -WIM
-Xperl

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Divine Shield, duh

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I take everything I do to the extreme. I will always try to have the best gear/enchants/pots and knowledge to perform the best I can. I don’t want to play this game if I can’t participate in the highest content that is out. Immortality and Skullcrusher both mean a lot to me and I want to be a part of both. There is nothing more exciting than being at the top of progression and having your guild name being known all over the WoW community. There is an incredible amount of pride when I run into people, whether it is in school or at a Magic the Gathering event, and I tell them that I am in Immortality of Skullcrusher and they know of our guilds reputation.

"No matter how learned and knowledgeable, how wise and how wonderful, how powerful and puissant, there is always one more sliver of power, one more bit of knowledge, one more secret to be learned by any mage."

-Medivh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

raided with Alerias back when he was an officer in Burning Crusade, 150% support.

p.s. Dante, since I know you're going to read this, we need to have another interesting facebook chat, it's been a while

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:23 am 

Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

dmz tu mejor amigo tyzon regreso aver si te logeas en el vent un dia de estos :O

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:06 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

If I had the game installed I'd invite him myself. This is one of the old guard of Immo from back in the hardcore days. Not taking him would be foolish. He will also kick your ass at FPS's, Smash Bros, and tons of other shit. This guy is a gamer and a personal friend. Oh and he's a ginger!

Oh and Borys I'll be on FB more soon, I've been very busy recently with work while I am at home. I go back to school today.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:39 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I want Aeacus back...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:39 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

This app causes erections, some of which may last more than 4 hours.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]