[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Avaerice Balance Druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Avaerice Balance Druid
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Avaerice
Character Class: Druid
Days Played: 138
Days Played at 80: 90
Alt(s): N/A

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I was looking through WoW Progress' recruitment section, looking for guild's recruiting for my class. Immortality's pull was well written and thoughtful.

Metal - Cenarius:
After many hours of thread bumping on Blizzard's recruitment forums, we found a guild that seemed extremely promising. Metal was a newly formed guild who had split from their last guild Intrigue due to mismanagement on the GM's part. I was extremely impressed in their recruitment pull as they had gone in and full cleared up to Putricide immediately after their reformation, one shotting Rotface and Festergut. Unfortunately, once accepted past my very short trial period, I noticed that the raiders seemed to be very happy with keyboard turning and backpeddling as well as having severe inability to converse on vent. Speak when spoken to, I find, is the best policy when dealing with a dynamic raid enviroment. I currently have severe grievances with the officer core and I feel that their closed-minded and stubborn decisions will ultimately, be their downfall.

Dream Team - Blade's Edge:
After becoming terminally ill for many months after MS, I took to PvP in the wake of the hole left in my schedule from raiding. Looking for a battlegroup that might be more forgiving, I came to the Blade's Edge server to work out any kinks. I soon recovered and have been looking to get back into PvE. Unfortunately Blade's Edge seems to be where the worst, most miserable players convene. There is only one guild on the server worth mentioning and that would be Subversion. However due to a time conflict, I had to settle for the few guilds even remotely passable.

Midnight Sanctuary - Stormrage:
We raid very late. Very, very late. Misery loves company they say. When I first joined the guild seemed very promising- on parre with Elite. Unfortunately, a week into my stay, their raid leader Josh was kicked out of his house and was MIA for a short while. Unfortunately, the guild became utter hell without his ever endearing emotional and verbal abuse as well as racial and sexist lambasting. We progressed competitively through Ulduar HM until I was forced to give up my slot.

Elite - Stonemaul:
A fantastic, strong guild that I have had the pleasure of raiding with. They must do something right with their systems as their members are genuinely happy with the guild. Left for a new guild however due to the heavy seniority based nature of the guild that clearly posed a hindrance for my advancement.

Chaotic Zero - Crushridge:
Casual guild joined after Tacos in order to play with a long-time online friend. Unfortunately soon after I found myself sucked into their raids when they asked for my help, bashing my head on the desk as we attempted to progress through Naxxaramas with my druid on the forefront of their caster DPS. Progress was made fortunately and I stayed long enough to see them through to two drake Sartharion before I noticed my first gray hair.

Tacos for Stormwind - Crushridge:
Terrible guild. I wish I could find enough words to describe in vivid and gross detail the magnitude of fail in this guild but alas, my words escape me. I joined this guild on the incessant pleading of a once friend who happened to be the GM at the time. I played my balance druid and unfortunately, carried their ranged DPS through Naxxaramas. I still wish to this very day that I had declined again, for the 5001 time. Stormwind does not need tacos. Not now, not ever.

Temperance - Crushridge:
Excellent progression guild, top 3 on Alliance side. I was first brought into the guild as a casual. The GM, Thadoren hated balance druids but on the insistence of his co-GM, Qwang and the promise of his first-born son, I was brought in to a farmed BT. Things were rough for my dying laptop at the time and things looked bleak. Thankfully I went out and bought a monster of a computer, just to play WoW and it was pure win. My experience in Ascendance paid off finally and after Thad's many nights of emotional and verbal abuse, and it has been smooth sailing ever since.

Unfortunately due to the stress of main-tank drama and guild bank ninjas, our GM's disbanded the guild shortly after begining progression on Malygos.

R E V E L A T I O N S - Crushridge:
Casual guild. I started leveling my druid fresh on Crushridge in this guild only to be kicked at level 62 with accusations of stealing gear and the like when my boyfriend at the time left for a trial with Temperance and was accepted. Not to mention that Pest and Warrz are crazy and there is a reason why most core members of Rev have left to bigger and better things.

Ascendance - Alonsus EU:
Home sweet home. There is, no place like home. I started playing on EU side originally and Ascendance was my first guild- casual and raiding, that I ever joined. Originally a leveling guild, we quickly shot up through EU and World rankings with each set of new content released and that has yet to stop to this day as we are now ranked competitively in the world. Originally I played a hunter and progressed with the guild until just before the BC release. Leaving, even partially has been arguably, one of the hardest things I have yet to do, in-game.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

I am a little OCD about guild applications so I will be avidly checking back. Feel free to PM me if necessary, as well.

4. How did you hear about us?

I was browsing the WoW Progress recruitment section, looking for a guild who had successfully down Putricide and was willing to run a balance druid given our current DPS state.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Avaerice

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes, I have both. I am a strong believer in speaking when spoken to so I am in no way shy about speaking up or being social.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

Intel Quad Core Q9300, 4GB DDR2 Memory, nVidia 780i SLI Chipset, 2x 640GB SATA, nVidia 9600GT 512MB Vram. In raids I usually get an average of 62 frames per second with a latency of about 120 at most while at max settings.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/uvj0gyq9 ... 927&e=2191

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

MC: Cleared
Zul'Gurub: Cleared
Onyxia's Lair: Cleared
Blackwing Lair: Cleared
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj: Cleared
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj: Cleared
Naxxaramas: Cleared

All of the above played on hunter while still on my home EU server, Alonsus in <Ascendance>. Was one of the founding members of the guild and part of a very close online family. Had a brief stint as an officer before I moved countries.

Karazhan: Cleared
Zul'Aman: Cleared
Gruul's Lair: Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair: Cleared
Serpent Shrine Cavern: Cleared
Tempest Keep - The Eye: Cleared
Mount Hyjal: Cleared
Black Temple: Cleared
Sunwell: Cleared to Mu'ru pre-nerd, Kil'jaeden post.

All above content played on new balance druid, Avaerice on the server Crushridge in <Temperance> (now disbanded). I had a great time in Sunwell and I honestly feel it rivals the original Naxxaramas in excitement. During this time, Blizzard severely nerfed everyone while balance druids remained the same. Needless to say this dps 'buff' to my druid was amusing while it lasted and allowed for smoother progression.

Naxxaramas: Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum: 10 Nightfall Cleared / 25 2D Cleared
Eye of Eternity: 10 Cleared / 25 Cleared
Ulduar: 10 Man 9/14 with 8/14 Hard Cleared / 25 Cleared with 5/14 Hard Cleared

All above content played, save for Naxxaramas (done with Temperance) was done in <Elite> on Stonemaul (also disbanded). Bosses were done on my balance druid. Ulduar regrettably was not finished due to health complication.

ToC: 10 Cleared / 25 Cleared
ToGC: 10 Tribute to Skill / 25 3/5
ICC: 8/12 10 Man / 7/12 25 Man

Above content completed with <Metal> on Cenarius. I have successfully co-healed all listed content above save for ICC as a support healer. As usual, experienced and completed on my balance druid.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

As a druid, I bring a myriad of buffs and useful utilities. I am, at worst, an extra battle rez and a 5% crit buff to all casters in the raid. At best I bring competitive caster DPS to the raid along with raid damage buffs like Earth and Moon (assuming there is no Ebon Plague) as well as Improved Faerie Fire (assuming a shadow priest is not present at any point in the fight) with the ability to heal with just a click of a button. Unlike a pure DPS class I am flexible, opening up more possibilities for a broader raid.

Coming from a very strict raiding background, I am able to decurse, dispel poison(s) as well as provide an Innervate to a waning healer (on top of my offensive, instant debuffs) within a tenth of a second consistently. My DoT up-time is generally in the high 90 percentile and I have often times out dispelled healing classes while supporting competitive DPS, thus enabling for smoother fight progression.

With balance druid rotations being so heavily RNG based, a special attention must be payed to timing. Thankfully I have always been extremely attentive in raid environments which has helped me consistently keep an impressive DoT up-time on most encounters along with maximizing DPS by taking advantage of latency to jump the gun, so to speak on my Lunar rotation.

It has been widely foreseen that Balance druids will have to contend with massive issues as we will have possibly over 1000 crit and haste as we obtain gear. Now, not only do we have to contend with our hit cap which thankfully is easily reached with only 3 pieces of tier and a veiled gem, we must deal with an over-generous Nature's Grace mechanic. To deal with this I have spent at least an hour a day, wearing as much haste gear as I can (about 900 haste) to not test DPS but to hone in on my ability to refresh any and all dots in fractions of seconds without fail as well as learning to cast blistering wraths without locking myself out with mal-timed casts.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I am not currently in school or working though I have been tentatively accepted into an animation BA this coming fall. I do not work typical hours as all I am doing now is working diligently on a portfolio to present before the looming deadline. This mad scramble takes up at least 5 hours of my day, every day. However, I do not foresee any issue with the proposed raid times.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv14 ... 022227.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

My roof! My roof is on fire!

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I find that a lot of applicants all generally put forth the same kind of reasoning and though they usually are shining self-recommendations, I am always trying to truly find what sets me apart. Although I raided originally on a hunter, I had a druid I was very fond of on the side. Also, it was a balance druid and given the times, it was not well received at all. However, I was always very avid about her and when I had to leave my original guild, Ascendance, after a large move, I decided to test the waters again and re-roll another druid.

It is my long standing love for the balance druid that has given me a fair bit of experience with the class as I have had the pleasure and annoyance of watching the class and my spec grow and evolve with each coming expansion. Despite all my years playing a balance druid, I am in no way perfect. I greatly enjoy challenges and being a very dynamic person, I have luckily found myself consistently raiding with high ranked end-game guilds on whatever server I have gone to and in no way am I looking to change that.

I feel strongly that with my need to always be prepared to the best of my abilities and my (perhaps slightly over) zealous passion for theory-crafting, research and my unrelenting drive to learn about my class more, that I am a very strong candidate. Being all to familiar with strict, end-game raiding practices has given me a sense of dedication that transfers noticeably into my playing style.

Last edited by Avaerice on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 am 
MMMMM I love me some brick wall posts. Well done on the application. We rarely see applicants that put forth this much effort(which is extremely sad). You are logged off in pvp gear though. Hang around waiting for either photek to reply or random immo members to troll this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm sorry for the PvP gear. I was hoping to squeeze in a quick heroic for a guildy before resets this morning. I definitely was not expecting anyone to have viewed my application so quickly. Thank you for your kind words and I do as well look forward to feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 am 
It would be nice to get a boomkin that didn't completely blow. I think they're an extinct species or something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:05 am 
On a side note, have you ever...oh I dunno...cast starfire on a saronite vapor when your guild was doing Gen HM. Then proceeded to blame your treants.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:23 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:31 am 
I say we accept you based solely on your name and the fact that you were born in Canada.

Edit: K I'm done for now. Need some sleep before I am abruptly woken up in 4 hours. Gonna pm you our vent info so if you're feeling bored you can log on and chat. Be sure to ask specifically for ennku and ask him to roll you for gold.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:42 am 

Last edited by Linky on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:14 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Does no one sleep in this guild? haha I would be more than happy to clear up gem and enchant questions if you would care to specify. If you are left wondering, it is important enough to clarify.

As for my hit, I have no hit gear to drop at the moment, unfortunately so I have tuned my spec around my gear. The only thing I could possibly drop would be my OH. Currently in my guild I can not expect to have a draenei in the caster group so I just opted to lose a little bit of haste from my Shriveled Heart that i was using (up from Ironmender) and gain hit and spell power.

There is debate about Brambles and Owlkin Frenzy however, and I myself am attentively following the developments on that.

EDIT: Sorry i'm fading fast but I was anxious about my application so I have been stalking it haha For healing, I have Lifebloom as well as Rejuv bound to my moonkin form bars and then Regrowth and Nourish etc. in my caster (form) bar.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:16 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:49 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Bump. Hi guys!

P.s. Very nice app, I support it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thanks for taking the time to put effort into your application. With as many guilds as you've been in, I'm sure your word document has been edited many times. You have been in a shit load of guilds, and although you seemed to be justified in leaving all of them, that still raises a small red flag in my mind. Immo is invincible but it almost looks like we'd disband if you joined.

On a more serious note, I would like to recruit an experienced full-time boomkin. You seem to understand the ins and outs of your class and you gear is about where we need it to be for ICC25-level content. We are currently trying out another boomkin who is recently resto-turned-boomkin and working hard to get up to par on the class, but I see no problems with a little healthy competition.

As to the current state of boomkin DPS, I invite you to take a look at the following logs:
Festergut25 (10.3k dps): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/shiw ... =668&e=917
Rotface25 (9.3k dps): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/shiw ... 143&e=1404
Putricide25 (8.3k dps): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/shiw ... 809&e=2330

Is RNG all there is to it? What does this guy do that you could improve on besides roll the dice?

Understand that you are applying for a full-time raid spot but that you may not be brought to every raid. This is the case with any of my ranged DPS especially when new content is out and everybody wants a piece of it. If you aren't comfortable being sat for a night (especially as a recruit) then you may have a problem here. If you are fine with that, then send me or another officer a tell for an invite and lets give this a go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:56 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm 

Good Luck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:57 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next