[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Piemaster - Warlock

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Piemaster - Warlock
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:19 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Piemaster
Character Class: Warlock
Days Played: 127
Days Played at 80: 45
Alt(s): Piebane (76 Prot Paladin) Piehunter (68 Hunter)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

I am 18 years old, currently a freshman living on campus at The New Jersey Institute of Technology. I plan to major in Mechanical Engineering.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

Aside from the minor guilds I have been in, I raided in Crown during BC. When Crown fell apart in Wrath I joined Vigilant, which became Paradox. I was in Paradox for a while, until I was recently kicked by Tamlus. I was kicked for inviting and saving a new recruit of Paradox who I believed to be an alt to a pug/alt run of ICC25.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

I am logged on almost everyday, so contacting me in game would be the best way to reach me.

4. How did you hear about us?

Throughout my days playing, I have done many pugs with Immortality members, and have known Immortality to have a reputation for being one the top guilds on Skullcrusher.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Piemaster

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

My computer is capable of running WoW on maximum graphics settings, although I turn shadow effects off for a smoother framerate, and my campus internet connection is reliable.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

I have never ran any log program, so I'm not quite sure what to put here... I can assure you however that I am a competent raider who knows his class very well, and I would be happy to download this program if requested.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

In Burning Crusade, I downed every T4 and T5 raid boss, and was 4/5 Hyjal and got up to Mother Shahraz in BT with Crown before briefly quitting. I resumed playing seriously around patch 3.1, when I joined Vigilant/Paradox. With Paradox, I did a few Uld HMs, completed ToGC10, worked on bosses in ToGC25, and cleared all bosses in ICC25 aside from Putricide and Blood Queen. As for my influence on these kills, I strive to maximize my damage and follow whatever strategy is necessary for whichever boss we happen to be attempting.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I mainly raid as destruction. My rotation involves keeping immolate, corruption, whichever curse is needed situationally and the lifetap buff up, using conflagrate and chaos bolt when they are up, and using incinerate as a filler. I do have extensive knowledge raiding as demonology and would be happy to switch and provide the demonic pact buff when needed. My offspec is currently Destro PvP, and having over 32k unbuffed in PvP gear, I would enjoy being able to tank Prince Keleseth during the Blood Princes fight if allowed.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I'm online from 8pm-12am 99% of the time every night of the week aside from Saturdays.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47 ... 235455.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

I would probably say something like "HOLY SHIT MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!" in vent and then proceed to try and put out fire.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I'd really rather not have to describe myself because I'd probably sound an arrogant asshole if I said things such as "likable, funny, the best damn lock on the server" even though they're completely true. And that really wasn't funny but gimme a break this isn't really the easiest thing to fill out... or IS IT?! Dammit I'm going to sleep

Post subject: Re: Piemaster - Warlock
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 am 
THE UI......IT BURNS!!!!!!

I have no comments to add to this app that are in any way constructive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:02 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

A few questions, if I may...

1. Why is corruption part of your destruction rotation?
2. Why are you nearly 4% over the hit cap with full raid buffs?
3. Why do you have a sp/crit gem in a yellow slot?
4. You really have nothing to give us any indication of what kind of dps you do in ICC25?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

On movement fights, your GCDs can be much better spent lifetapping than using corruption since you don't have Imp Soul Leech and should be dropping glyph of LT soon. We're losing a lot of spirit in T10 content due to having 0 spirit on T10 set pieces, so as our spirit drops, so does the usefulness of the LT Glyph.

It seems like a pretty stupid reason to be kicked from Paradox... almost seems like you had little to no value to the guild if they'd kick you for something so insignificant. My guess is that this has something to do with you running Alt/Pug ICC25s instead of running with the main raid? Why is that?

Also, I'm confused about your destro spec.... even though the latest numbers put 0/13/58 ahead of Strong Imp (which you seem to be going for).... you went Strong Imp and still got the spec wrong. I'm pretty sure Strong Imp is 0/18/53 losing shadowfury/1 pt in destructive reach and putting 2 more points in Unholy Power.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I was Imp Soul Leech for most of my wotlk raiding, prefer that spec and am going to switch back right now actually. I was forced to get shadowfury for use in the saurfang fight back when it wasn't a joke, and even mocked by a council member of Paradox for not having it before then because he believed it was a vital raid utility spell. I was told to spec this way by this person, and would not have done so otherwise.

As for why I was kicked, well, as many probably know, Tamlus is far too high upon his throne to be reasoned with, and kicking me just happened to be the unfortunate means of him venting his anger that night. I wasn't in the main raid this week because we had gotten many new recruits from Divine Council earlier this week and they were being tested, so having not been in the main raid I started my raid. He had given me his approval for running ICC25 alt/pug runs before, yet I was kicked without him even saying a single word to me for saving a new recruit whom I believed to be an alt because when it came time to finish the main raid, a lot of the people who were in the Tuesday group did not log on and this recruit would have been useful in the raid. It was a mistake on my part, which I will admit to, yet I do think Tamlus overreacted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:43 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I suppose your answers are satisfactory.

My need for an additional warlock is slim to none at the moment... you're welcome to tryout but for time time being you'd be filling a backup position (as recruits often do). I already have 1 warlock fighting for a raid spot when he logs on. At the very least, a demo spec would be mandatory for you if you joined. IF and when you prove yourself to have solid attendance and be a very good raider, you could potentially move into a more full-time position.

Think that over and let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I am fine with that, I'm ok with being back up and I would be more than happy to spec demonology especially with the nice buff demo gets tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:01 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:50 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Veroz teach him the wonder of UIs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]