[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Icegrip Dk tank

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Icegrip Dk tank
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Icegrip
Character Class: Death Knight
Days Played: 22 days 7 hours and 14 minutes
Days Played at 80: 16 days 12 hoours and 27 minutes
Alt(s): Sstab 72 rogue psylokk 70 shammy and adrikk 68 paladin

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
Name is Manny I'm 24 and from Boston mass. I hope some people are still around that remember me from the BC days =)

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

Pre-BC i was mostly in dark entropy as a rogue named sstab. BC rolled around and I decided to start a shammy up and lvled him to 70 and then first started raiding with Dark Entropy after a bit I joined up immo for a full time healer spot in sunwell/BT. Wotlk opened up the death knight class so i decided to roll that I was originally going to try to be a melee dps for Immo in Wotlk but i didnt level fast enough and I never had a chance to raid with immo in WotLK. I have been trying to find a home for most Wotlk to raid and I have come full circle and here I am =).

3. What is the best way to contact you?
in game or on aim TraJV
4. How did you hear about us?
How could I not hear about you guys I use to be one of the 25 man healing core.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Icegrip

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes and Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

I just built a new PC so i am running a new Intel i7 extreme with 6 gigs of ram for the triple channel, i wanna get up to 12 gigs soon and an asus radeon hd 5870. I can run 25 mans very easily with a great frame rate and everything turned up to high.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

To be honest I haven't been in any 25 man raids that recently that werent pugs or anything and for the most part when I would join those i would be on the DPS end of it. I have joined a coule pug ICC's with curie from paradox but i didnt keep any WWS records.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

Well Pre-BC I was with dark entropy and I did everything with them from MC/BWL/ony/ naxx 40 up to 4 horsemen. My favorite fight pre-bc would have been c'thun that fight was a challenge all around from melee positioning to doing everything right it was very difficult to win that fight if you weren't pulling your own weight. During BC i was with DE for a bit as a shammy and did Kara/ssc/tk and a bit of BT with them. After Dark Entropy i joined Immo and did all of BT with immo as well as most of sunwell up to felmyst i think Its been a while. I feel that i brought a lot to the core as one of the healers. I felt i was pretty damn good at my job and my raid awareness was up there you wouldnt catch me standing in fire or any of that fun stuff. Granted the healbot add made my job a lot easier but I still wasnt a fail healer. Then i was with Immo for some of wotlk but i didnt level up my dk fast enough so i believe haterade and another dk became the dk raiding core and i have been just kinda cruising around trying to find a solid raiding home. There are no real raiding guilds to mention as of WotLK because i haven't been apart of any raiding core with anyone.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I love Death Knights not only can I dps but i can also tank, this is the first time I have ever been a tank and boy do I enjoy it. I also enjoy the Death knight class because it is unlike any other class i have played before. When I was a rogue there were certain situations when you had to press other buttons but for the most part i was BS,BS,BS and make sure to keep SnD up. Then as a shammy it was Ez-mode heals welcome to chain heals and if you didnt suck you could pretty much be at the top of the healing meters from pressing one button. I understand now they are a bit different but thats just my experience with them. I understand my gear is a bit lacking for the current content you are working on in ICC as a tank but i have talked to wru and we might be able to work something out with dps and tanking 10 mans until my gear gets on par. I also have a pretty solid dps set as well and i dont mind dpsing. My dps spec is 17/0/54 which i find very enjoyable the aoe damage is through the roof and i also have some survivability. My tank spec is a deep frost spec 10/54/7 and the reason i went with this was my health is a bit on the lower end of the spectrum for a high class tank, but i pick up a lot of survivability with the talents that you get in deep frost such as unbreakable armor and the added bonus of improved frost presence. I also enjoy DW deep frost just because so far all of the math shows that DW frost spec is the highest in threat. As for my rotation I read a lot of elitist jerks so I pretty much follow their rotation unless i am in random heroics and the people far out gear me and everyone decides they wanna nuke their own target. With that i generally drop DnD and then i go into HB to make sure they stick to me. If people aren't being tards though i generally follow the elitist jerks aoe rotation as well in raids and such.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I shouldn't have any problems meeting raid times. I am currently finishing up my last semester of college right now and my job is generally during the day on days when i don't have school. I also dont have any problems staying on until 12am or even past that for progression nights.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

I am terrible at this but if anyone wants to see my interface just give me your email and i can screenshot it and send it over. Sorry for sucking on this one

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Lol I love this question and the answer is take my laptop go to my neighbors house and keep on fighting with you guys if the house is gonna burn then let the fucker burn.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I am a pretty easy going guy and I really miss this aspect of the game. I have raided in every aspect of wow so far and I want to be a part of something special again while doing something that really makes me just want to play the game. Plus you guys could always use another old school Player that hopefully doesn't suck =). Well thanks for taking the time to read this post and I understand my gear might be lacking a little bit but hopefully wru can pull some strings for me and I will be Mt/or OT shit for you guys in no time hahaha.

Post subject: Re: Icegrip Dk tank
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:52 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

holy psylokk batman!

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:55 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

HE'S BAAAAACKKKKK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:19 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Your gear is somewhat low to be apping into a guild almost heading into hardmode ICC. It's all about the same level as when you asked me to look over your gear to app as dps and I mentioned it was low then too. It seems like you've just thrown all stam gems into your tank set without putting much thought into it. You've given up a 12 stam socket bonus in your helm to put a blue 30 stam gem in. If you'd put a 10hit /15 stam gem in you'd have got 27stam and 10 hit vs 30 stam out of it. You've also got a nightmare's tear in your belt buckle socket which just makes no sense at all. You'd be better off putting a 30 stam gem into the belt and then adding a 10 exp /15stam gem into the red socket in your pants. This way it gives you the red for your meta as well as meets the socket requirement for the 9 extra stam in your pants as well. This way you'd get 54 stam and 10 exp vs 40 stam 10str 10agi. I mention using the exp/stam gem because you're also only at 16 exp which is 10 under the soft cap for dodge. Lastly, rune of swordbreaking on your offhand? I've never touched frost as a spec but why wouldn't you just use two nerubian carpace instead?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:24 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thanks for the tips and I will immediately change all of those gems you mentioned. The reason why I put that enchant on OH was a test to try out how the extra parry would actually work out. I understand my gear is a bit low and i would have never apped if I didnt talk to wru today. Also when i put the nerubian cara enchant on my OH my defense was around 567 so i decided i wanted to try and drop the defense a bit and pick up the 2 percent parry chance for more runestrike potential for the threat bonus.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Nice thing about the carapace rune though is the 1% stam boost. Also, more def = more mitigation ^^

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

well i just put the enchant on my OH and i am now gained 200 health from it and now sitting at 562 defense with this OH. I am also trying to find a JC with those gems and i will put those gems in asap just so you know i'm working as fast as I can.

As of now all gems and enchants have been changed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:04 pm 
MMM a Dw frost tank that knows they are suppose to use dps 1h's and not fucking tanking ones. ^_^

edit: I'm not as well versed with DW tanking as I should be(seeing as my alt is a dk tank) but isn't one of your glyphs suppose to be rune strike....granted I could be way off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Are you sure veroz i am prettttyyyy sure 2 1h tanking weapons is the best =)!!!!
Soooo i think i am gonna go get some of those now

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]