[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Timtebro - Enhancement Shaman

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 pm 

Character Name: Timtebro
Character Class: Shaman
Days Played: 82
Days Played at 80: 14
Alt(s): Farrok, Hunter, 68 days played: 36 at 80. I raided with him at the beginning of WOTLK

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I am 19 and currently a student at Purdue. I am from Chicago, but for now I'm stuck in West Lafayette, IN. I've had a girlfriend for 4 years and she doesn't mind that I play wow all the time. I also play guitar and have a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher? I would be a server transfer. I chose Immo because you guys are the best Alliance guild on the server but also seem to have a good raiding attitude and a dedicated crew.

3. What is the best way to contact you? In-game, email

4. How did you hear about us? Just searched progression sites.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Timtebro .

I will be sure to log in my enhance gear. I also have a resto set with a ~2800 gear score.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes. I can and will speak.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid? I play on an hp laptop with 4 gigs of ram and a geforce laptop card. It has a dual processor at 1.8ghz with a stock motherboard and heat sink fan. It can run the game at full graphics with ~45 fps in ICC, but I like to play on High to always get 60fps. I have comcast buisness cable and have no disconnect problems.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

Unfortunately I do not have any logs. I will however record my next raid and post if needed. I usually pull around 8-10k dps depending on the fight.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

I have a long resume of raiding experience. I guess it begins on Daggerspine raiding with Unfortunate Consequences and downing Rag pre-nerf. After UC fell apart, I leveled an Aliiance Warrior and as a MT downed Nef pre-nerf with Gaming with Morons. I had to leave GM due to a leadership dispute and went back to my shaman. I then joined Nowhere to Run on Daggerspine and kill up to the DK wing in Naxx, never getting to down four horsemen.

When BC hit, I decided to level a Belf Hunter (poor choice I know) on Laughing Skull. After I hit 70, I joined Accounting and was a main raider until our First Vashj kill. I had to go casual after that due to some serious problems at home. I did not raid in BC on my shaman.

When LK came out, I quickly leveled my hunter to 80 and began raiding with Bio, a smaller guild on LS. After downing KT numerous times, the server became extremely over-populated and I decided to take a free server xfer to Hakkar. On Hakkar, I joined Gore and quickly rose the ranks to Officer, eventually becoming Guild Master. Having had attendence problems, I decided to merge guilds, which eventually led to our downfall, but not before 1 shotting 25 man 3drakes. After that I joined Reality Check, the best guild to ever grace Hakkar, getting server first Yogg as well as various hard modes. I then landed an extremely time consuming Internship and was forced to quit. I came back 4 months later on my shaman and built my enhance set, quickly learning to love the class. I have experience in 8/12 ICC 25 and 11/12 ICC 10.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I love enhancement more than any other spec I have ever played. It is a complicated priority system which always keeps me mentally sharp. I do wish we had some sort of movement speed increase to keep up with other classes on some bosses. The only thing i am thinking about doing with my spec is taking out a point in Imp SS and moving it to reverberation since I'm hitting Shamanistic Rage every time its up with the t10 2piece.

My current priorities are:

Shamanistic Rage > Spirit Wolves > SS w/ No Debuff > Maelstrom 5 Lightning Bolt > Flame Shock > Earth Shock > Stormstrike > Magma Totem > Fire Nova > Lightning Shield w/ 0 charges > Lava Lash > LS

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I have all early classes being a construction major so I have no problems making raids. Having the weekends off helps a lot.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do? Get the fuck out of my house so I dont die.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I am a very easy going guy who is easy to get along with. I do taking raiding and progression seriously and expect others to do the game. That being said, I play this game because I have fun doing it. That is the main reason why we play. I have a ton of experience and can guarantee you will not regret recruiting me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:16 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm impressed, he's experienced, well geared and from what he has said does pretty decent damage too. As it's pretty difficult to judge raid awareness from an application, lets give him a shot! It seems like he would fit in fine here.

Summary: Recruit this man as soon as possible!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Recount takes up like half of his screen. Tells a lot about his love of DPS. But not having a wide screen monitor is killing mah eyez!

to applicant - there a specific reason you're leaving your current guild?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I vote no solely based on the fact your name makes me want to slit my wrists.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Seems like a strong applicant. Wait for one of our attentive melee leaders to respond.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I could use another good enhance shammy, transfer on over if you're still interested, and I'll start your recruitment.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:05 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

How do you see anything with your UI so large? It looks like you have shock and awe huge in the middle of your screen also. Did you turn off most of the tracking bars or do you lose another huge chunk of your screen when in combat?

Your spec and hotkeys look fine. Your priority order is correct. I guess my main concern is the lack of visibility you have in your play area which usually results in less survivability.

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:46 pm 

Due to some unexpected circumstances, I am going to have to withdraw my application. I will not have the time to dedicate to a 5 days a week raiding guild. Thanks for you consideration. Maybe I'll see you in the future.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]