[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Astrocreap - Blood Death Knight

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 pm 

Character Name: Astrocreap
Character Class: Death Knight
Days Played: 90 days 22 hours
Days Played at 80: 81 days, 14 hours
Alt(s): 78 Druid (not a big alt guy)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I'm 24, live in a surburb right outside of Buffalo NY.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in?
Benevolent, Axiom, Diverisity, Shadows of the Sun. First two were disbands, or break ups, Div became Shadows, and Shadows I left due to disagreements w/ leadership.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
I'm on game almost every single day for substantial periods of time, otherwise my email or in game mail is fine.

4. How did you hear about us?
I've been playing on Skullcrusher for about 4 1/2 years. I was horde for the first 3 then transfered that character to Spirestone. Rerolled here to play with RL friends at Wrath's launch.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Astrocreap (Over hit cap due to bad drop in Forge and low PR for DBW, gems are all correct, may show 1 wrong on Armory depending on how soon you look.)

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Of course, have mic and vent.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic
settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
8GB of ram, Core 2 duo q6600 running at 2.8 ghz (quad core). Gtx 260 oc edition. Anyways I get about a solid 35 during intensive raid fights. I'm running on a verizon FIOS line so my internet connection is extremely solid although like anyone I will experience dc's, as they are working on the infrastructure around here. Also I'm hard wired not wi-fi.

8. Please attach some WWS records.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tk35 ... 383&e=4676
Recent Festergut parse for dps, I sustain right at 9.5k-10k using Ramaladni's, switched to Cryptmaker haven't seen dps yet with it. As for rotation, I need to work a bit more on keeping my disease up time a bit higher.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience.
In Benevolent cleared through Naxx. In Axiom got to Yogg Saron on Ulduar (Rolo was raid lead, I was contributing raid lead, good ol' Rolo), then had to leave for a bit due to real life issues, when I came back guild was disbanded. With Div/Shadows did all of Toc25, had face time on Togc 10 including Anub, though most groups stopped attempts when we went lower than 45 attempts. Seen ICC, downed Putricide with Shadow (I raid lead after Xivm left, was raid leading for all the most recent boss kills including Putricide), downed Princes, and worked on Valithria. Had face time with Blood Queen. Before Wrath I was on horde on Spirestone, and never raided past Vashj and Kael, went to pvp, which I regret because I heard alot of the later raids were quite fun. Before TBC I was horde Skullcrusher, raided sparsely in MC and BWL, ZG and AQ20.

10. Tell us about your class.
Most of my rotation can be seen from my parse above although a quick run down is PS, IT, DS, HS, HS, DS, HS HS HS HS (This is the generic blood rotation) I also use the 2 second rule to throw in a summon ghoul, or a Horn of Winter for RP when I get the free gcd. I switch to Unholy for fight's that benefit (I feel Deathwhisper is one, also Deathbringer, as cleave tends to pull aggro on beasts where as wandering plague doesn't). My spec on my armory right now is off for Unholy, I was attempting to use the increased mount speed to farm for Shadows Edge at the time, although this had a negligable effect on dps. I also situationally alter my rotation to begin with an initial two DS's followed by two HS's (with a Blood Tap for an extra HS), to boost RP generation on fights with a quick hero (such as Festergut) so that I am able to use DRW to its maxium for the fight, (I obviously have a macro to cast on focus with a speed pot) I actually really enjoy the Death Knight class, even post nerfs. I was a warrior for a long time, and Death Knight's have a great mix of spell casting and melee that really drew me to the class. As for downside, we all know how many poor DK's are out there ruining it for the actual good ones. Class wise I'm a bit unhappy with some of the nerfs that have taken interesting portions of the class out, (unholy blight in particular although with the pvp changes I'm a bit happier with it now). I'm not the biggest fan of BIS lists although I do do my best to maximize dps. I was debating about Shadows Edge, but with Cryptmaker dropping for the time being it allows me to replace Grim Toll (sigh) with Needle-Encrusted Scorpion while still retaining my hit cap (which I am painfully aware that I am over on), and also let's me retain a high level of ArP (50% atm) while increasing my dps and waiting for proper drops to gear for Shadows Edge.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I'm on pretty much all the time, at least for 3-4 hours every day. My play time does decrease during summer to usually just raid hours, but making the raid days listed is not a problem at all. I'm usually up till about 4-5 am so raid times are not an issue either.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 ... stroui.jpg
A quick run down of addons used. Pitbull for Frames, Grid for Raid (next to Skada) Elk Buff Bars (organized into aura, Buffs, Self Buffs, Debuffs) MagicRunes, Eavesdrop (visual combat log unecessary but i like it) Bartend for Bars. ForteXorcist for dot timers. DBM, I believe that covers them all.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Make my GF get all the important shit while I brought my comp outside and continued to raid. Hell it's already on fire and I don't even know where the fire extinguishers are at, so why not?

14. General Comments about yourself to us. Brief run down for you.
I'm extremely achievement/hard mode/progression focused. It's really the only reason to play the game. I love going back and experiencing old content, (uld 25, togc 10/25). I understand some people hate achievements but in my opinion they're a great way to show ambition within the game, especially some of the harder and more interesting accomplishments. I'm extremely well focused, and I don't think I've ever come to a raid without a positive attitude (except when raid leading and holding hands, that will get anyone annoyed) I understand that Immo is unfortunately really full on melee at the moment, I really have no problem sitting out on raids when asked, as long as I'm let know if I will be needed, and would be able to get to get into raids when needed. Thx for the time reading this over and the consideration.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:41 pm 

This app looks good can i retire now? But on a serious note why are you having issues with DoT uptime, there is absolutly no way other then lich king transitions where dots fall off. A swift reapplication of them can last half of a sindragosa air phase and 100% of a blood queen air phase. Good luck on ur app, I hope ur not Asian.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:48 pm 

Disease uptime was the one thing I could thing of that maybe I have to work on, didn't want to sound like there was no room for improvement. But yah my uptime is normally 100% on most fights, my rotation is pretty tight other than fitting in a gcd here and there so I sometimes get a hs off right when one of my diseases is coming off, tightening up the rotation would help. Actually I think I probably use deathcoil a bit much considering it isn't a huge priority in a blood dks dps, so just lookin at things I could do to tighten things up for myself. Uptime was just something that popped in my head. Also I've been raid leading so watching other people probably has slowed my rotation down a bit from its potential. And no Azn in me, German/Irish all the way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 am 

I've raided on and off with Astro since the beginning of wrath, He has always been a reliable raider, and I've watched how he deals with many different types of boss encounters. Quick learner, top notch performance.
When I left Shadow, it just left Astro to raidlead, and the level of situational awareness required to do your job while looking out for 24 other people, and walking an undergeared, underperforming(to be brutally honest, scrubs) guild through council and putricide kills is very commendable.
Not sure how much my word counts as a recruit, but as far as I am concerned, he would be a solid raider addition.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:40 am 

I've raided with Astrocreap and he has a great sense of raid awareness which is sadly rare these days. He has always been early to raids, well prepared and reliable. His dedication to raiding for the challenge and not just for loot is why I started raiding again with him, unfortunately in our last guild there were too many tunnel vision players staring at either health bars or dps meters to achieve the hardmode progression that Astrocreap strives for. He makes an excellent addition to any guild and hope he ends up here with you guys and not forced to server/faction transfer so I can continue to do hardmode Ulduar runs with him.

If you accepted a scrub like Xivm then Astrocreap will be a solid upgrade and hopefully replace that fail hunter even though they play different dps roles.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:24 pm 

To be honest accepting a hunter is different then accepting a melee. Im not an officer but id hate to see you get the green light, join, and then quit because you dont get a spot.. As with the many other apps physical dps is always kinda full. Either way I hope you are considered you seem like a good player.

If you really want to get in, Promise Imidril you will cast hysteria on him every fight... That being said I should begin filling out my app to Rage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:35 pm 

Server transfer would only be an option if I wasn't able to find a solid home, and having to sit bench I don't particularly see as reasons for having to gquit and transfer. Long as I'm considered for a spot when it opens when I'm on standby thats fine with me. I'll promise hysteria to whomever... just don't get mad when my dps isn't as high lol.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:36 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 pm 

I accepted a guild position elsewere as raider. I really appreciate the interest and time everyone took to look over the app, thanks again and good luck in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:19 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]