[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Unholy Death Knight

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unholy Death Knight
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:57 am 

Character Name: Sveigrim
Character Class: Deathknight
Days Played: 28days, 8 hours
Days Played at 80: 21days, 7hours
Alt(s): Ilothan (80 Paladin), Gallowglas (80 Rogue), Ziikiel (70 Hunter)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I'm 22 years old, and I'm from Ontario, Canada.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Back when Naxx and Malygos were the endgame content I was in Vendetta. My old computer broke down, and when I came back from building a new one, my guild had disbanded.
I've also raided with a quite a few members of Immortality over the past few years but mostly as a F/F.
I'm interested in experiencing more endgame content and I figured I should try for the best.

I'm currently in Retrospect. It is a fun guild and there has been alot of progression, but I feel the mistakes of other players (quite a few) and occasional messy and uncoordinated fights are holding me back. So, I'm looking to move up.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
Either In Game, or my cell (which I can disclose later)

4. How did you hear about us?
I've been around as long as Immortality has. Besides, who hasn't heard of you guys?

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Sveigrim

In raids, I pull between 6.5k-7k dps according to Recount.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

Currently: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+, 3.1 GHz, 4 GB Ram, and a Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT. I get about 40-50 FPS during boss fights. I currently have a 8Mbps internet connection, but will be upgrading when my desired provider has the better rate available.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w ... amageDone/
Not sure if this is it, but I hope it will do.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

I've done ToC10/25, some Ulduar10/25. In ICC, I've killed everything in ICC except Sindragosa and Lich King in 10 and 25man. My current guild has been incapable of downing Sindragosa 25man. But I believe 1 of the 3 10man groups has cleared to the Lich King.

All the kills we before the King of Stormwind buff/cheat, but only a few were before the most recent nerfing.

I can't say I alone have made a single-handed difference in the guilds kills, but I'm confident in saying my role and capabilities have played a significant part since I've joined (when they were stuck on Rotface). Progression has been slow, but steady.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I played a Holy Paladin from Classic, to the end of Burning Crusade. When Wrath came out, I felt the need for a change. I thoroughly enjoy playing a Death Knight all around. One thing I don't enjoy, is people assuming they're nothing but a facerolling class. I feel I'm good at my class because I'm willing to look into and do research on how to become better. I take constructive criticism well and am always open to suggestions. My gear is still being progressively improved. Obviously, it needs it, but slowly, I'm getting up to the best I have available. I was Blood from when I made the character, up until about a week ago. I found my DPS fluctuated too much and needed a more constant, higher output, so I respeced Unholy after reading a lot of online information. I am quite competent and have adapted to any situation I've been faced with so far.

My current rotation (normally) is: IT - PS - BS - SS - BS - SS - DC - DC - BS - SS - BS - SS- Repeat (Pestilence is subed in for multiple mobs to spread diseases)
For Bosses: IT - PS - BS - SS - BS - SS - Gargoyle - DC - Empower Rune Weapon - Then above rotation.

If the situation is dire, I will substitute SS for a Deathstrike to relieve healers (if need be, although it sacrifices a slight amount of damage.)

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I have a very flexible schedule at work, so I'm easily available NEARLY whenever. By nearly, I mean I can be on for the big raids and more often than not Alt runs, 10mans, etc, but barring my jerk of a manager, there may be the off day when I won't be able to make 8pm-12am.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k373 ... 1267689208

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Say "One sec guys.", grab my tower, call 911 while walking to my neighbors, and play at their place.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I am very dedicated and competent when it comes to raiding. I am willing to do what I can, when I can to help the guild when needed. Unlike alot of players out there, I know how to listen and follow directions after being told only once. I don't complain about loot, and I'm very interested in being a part of crew.

If I do not meet the expectations, I am totally open to any and all suggestions on how to better myself for future opportunities.

Thanks for your time.

Post subject: Re: Unholy Death Knight
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:57 pm 
Good DK, Knows what hes doing. Doesn't fuck up alot and if he does he corrects it immediately, Doesn't fall asleep during raids or get high either lol. I think he should be given a shot since syler just got removed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:48 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Family Friend Left Skullcrusher to go make guild on AM and returned after he came back to be with his friends on SC. So I have known him for the better half of 4 years(fucking long time.) Yes he is short on gear but after returning to WoW(after a brake) he left immo as F&F to get gear because we did not have room for him. He has geared himself as much as he can with his previous guild. I am extremely confident in his ability and his capability to gear up to the caliber of our raiders.

To my understanding he has attempted to fix items(trinket being one) but things were loot counciled over him while he was up for it. Gear can be fixed. Attention span and Attention to detail is what we need. I believe he will fulfill both.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:34 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I know hes a F/F, which is why I didn't outright deny him. It sucks that he doesn't have the gear to be able to contribute to heroics.

In my opinion we should bring him to our alt runs and gear him up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:29 pm 

I'd be fine with attending alt runs until I can give full on recruitment a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:35 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:41 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I Have Returned!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:15 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

What up Ilothan. With Sinthesis being back, and us having just picked up an already-geared DK with end-game raiding experience, I doubt we have room for another right now. However, I will leave it up to Imidril to formally accept or deny your recruitment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm gonna have to go with no for now. Feel free to reapp when your gear situation improves.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]