Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:00 pm 

Character Name: Chozo
Character Class: Druid
Days Played: 163 days
Days Played at 80: 57 days
Alt(s):
Warlockzo - 80 PvP Warlock
Chozorogue - 70 PvP Twink

(I am hoping to put my APP in as resto, not feral)
--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
My name is Andrew. I'm 20 years old, and currently attend Texas Tech University where I am studying a dual major in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science. I have always lived in Texas, and probably always will.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Back in vanilla I was hordeside, and played roles in Rage, Retaliation, Destinys Bane, Decisive, and Zombie Attack.
In wrath I've only played Alliance, and I was in Axiom for a while, was made gleader and raid leader for a long period of time, until we wiped on Yogg for 5 weeks straight, moved to Evolution, was with them until Xymos disbanded and ninjaed to horde, and currently reside in Forgotten Prophets, mostly because I know people in here and haven't really pushed to higher end guilds. I plan to leave FP simply because I am tired of not getting the quality of raider that I expect for end game content like ICC. Immo looks like a great guild, and I have known about you guys since my vanilla horde days, when you and wendigo / local D used to roll all over us in battlegrounds.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
I am in game a lot, I have an AIM account, and I answer forum posts / private messages / my email a lot.

4. How did you hear about us?
I've known about Immo since vanilla, and do know quite a few people in it (Xivm, Belg, Astrocreap, to name a few)
--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&cn=Chozo

I do not know whether or not my Armory will show my feral or resto gear at the time of viewing. Both sets of gear are about equal in terms of ilevel.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
I sure do. Am familiar with ventrilo and talk / communicate when needed.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
I currently play on my laptop after frying my motherboard upon purchase of a new video card. (Go me). My laptop is very high quality however, sporting an HD Radeon gfx card, 3 gigs of ram, a quad core / etc. I maintain about 60 fps in dalaran, and usually 40+ in intensive situations within raids (at ultra quality).

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
I haven't ever used WWS or WOL reports, but I will download the necessary stuff and post some parses from raids I do tonight. I believe we will be having an ICC 25 and I will post what I get from that.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
Vanilla : I played my druid and my horde warrior at this time.
My warrior was a 20man raider, doing things like ZG and AQ20. I full cleared all of those.
My druid was my main raider, I full cleared MC, did almost all of BWL and AQ 40, and wiped endlessly on Sapphiron in old Naxx.

BC : My druid was my PvP toon in BC, and my warrior was my main raider.
My druid did a little bit of content in SWP / BT, but no full clears or anything like that. Experienced all of Hyjal, Brutallus healing, Mother Shahraz movement.
My warrior full cleared all of Hyjal / SSC / TK / BT, and endlessly wiped on M'uru pre-nerf. I took a break from the game and never got a chance to go back into SWP to finish it up.

Wrath : Only played my druid here
I have obviously full cleared Naxx, Ulduar, and Toc. In Axiom we cleared Uld 25 up to yogg, until it broke apart. In Evolution we got to Twin Valks on TOGC 25, but that was about the time guild broke up. In FP, I have done ICC 10 up to sindragosa, and ICC 25 up to Professor. I have, however, read all the strats and watched numerous videos for other fights (cause I like to be prepared).

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
As a resto druid, I feel as though we are incredibly OP healers in wrath. As my class, I am very effective at keeping my hots rolling on the tanks, making sure that people get the necessary nourish / WG spam when needed, and getting snap swiftmends when people need them the most. As a feral druid, I work very hard to keep my Roar, dots, and shred spam going strong (though I am not the best at this spec, but I'm working on it!).

As far as resto gearing goes, I strive to be at or near the haste cap, with high overall spellpower and good amounts of mana. I'm a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my bags, and so I don't always carry around offset healing items (such as extra spirit trinkets / etc). I believe my spec is as it should be, but I am always open to defend it / take criticism about it.

As far as feral gearing goes, I am always if not very close to the armor pen cap, I keep my crit well about 50%, keep myself hit capped, and look for gears to maximize my other stats. I do have an offset for tank for night that I am feral, incase an extra tank is needed or something like that, but I don't keep that with me at all times.

My healing rotations are obviously fight dependent. Fights that require HUGE aoe healing like BQueen or Twin Valks, obviously I spam WG everytime its up, and spend the rest of the time chain hotting the raid. Easy 15k HPS :). Fights that are a bit more spike tank damage such as Festur I will spend a lot more time making sure my hots are always up on the tanks, and giving them the necessary nourish spam when needed.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I am always available at night times, though some nights I do like to have off to spend with my GF / do school work. I would be able to make 4/5 nights 100% if the raid schedule was Sun - Thurs.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
I don't use any UI mods. Have never needed them, and I still excel without them. Open up a fresh copy of WoW and there you go :).

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Finish the fight, and say BRB Moms on fire.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I've pretty much experienced all that WoW has to offer. I was an original closed beta tester for the game (back when the level cap was 30), and I have always thought myself to be a step above the grade of the regular player. I strive to be the best at my class when I play it, and love to push progression and be one of the people who can say, Yeah, I killed that guy. He was easy! I hope to bring my best healing to the guild, and if a healing spot is too much to ask for, to work on my cat and push my DPS as high as it can go.

Oh, did I mention? I'm insane! And I didn't use the dirty human racial to achieve it either.

Thank you for your time~!

Last edited by Chozo on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

First, you have Distant Land and Ikfuris's... Imidril is going to rage on you.

In your feral gear so can't really comment on the resto side of things. Why glyph of innervate over swiftmend? No glyph of rebirth?

Spec looks fine, 3 points in tranquil spirit are fairly meh, but they're basically floater points in the tree anyways. I prefer a little extra crit.

Not sure if we have space for a third resto druid at this time but I'll chat with Veroz. Try and logoff in resto gear when you can.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:02 pm 

I get what I get with my feral gear, lol. Have only been feral about 2-3 weeks I'd say.

I toss my innervate around, and a lot of the time I'm picking up the slack for other healers, so I need the extra mana when I'm doing like 30% of the healing in my guild. No glyph of rebirth, meh, regeants. I've got money :P.

I picked revitalize over the other talents like natural perfection and full tranquil. I've always been more about raid synergy and giving them extra mana / rage / energy seemed like a great idea to me.

Also I'm more than willing to apply as feral, but I am MUCH better at resto, so I figured I'd put my best foot forward.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:06 am 

Imidril rage inc sometime soon I expect.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Spoke about it last night and unfortunately at this time we don't have space to take in an extra feral or resto druid. Sorry but denied for now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 am 

Understandable. Thank you for your time/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]