[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Immortality • View topic - Furries - 80 Mage - Xfer App.

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:04 am 

Character Name: Furries

Character Class: Mage

Days Played: 24 on this account.

Days Played at 80: 19 days 7 hours

Alt(s): Koalayummies (62 prot. warrior)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

Hey, my name's Vin and im 19 years old. I'm from south Florida, and I'm a freshman in College.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

Well, I was on skullcrusher about 4 years ago when I first started playing WoW. At that time I played a 60 rogue, I beleive Gunsmoke was the leader of Immortality at the time along with Faxanadu. I never got into serious vanilla raiding till I server xfered to Burning Blade to play with friends though. I started raiding after I made a shaman after the release of TBC. I raided with a guild called Vaders Fist on Burning Blade. We cleared BT usually in 2 nights and worked on SW towards the end of TBC, unfortunately people stopped showing up for raids, and the guild started going south. After the release of WOTLK the guild leader decided the guild would be a 10m core guild, I didn't really care for the 10m progression as much as 25m so I left. I then joined Pankeks on Burning Blade, a guild formed from the former 2 top guilds on the server at that time. We lead the servers progression all throughout Ulduar, but their was constany drama between the guild leaders and officers and the guild soon disbanded when the GM left. At this point I was pretty over WoW and gave my to my brother to play while I took a break from it. I then made a new account and mage, which is what I play now. :] I picked Immortality because I know how well you guys have done in the past, and it seems to be the same with the present.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

http://www.facebook.com/fuqme and or texting or calling. I'd rather not post my number on an open app though. I can PM it to you seperatly :]

4. How did you hear about us?
Pretty much explained it in 2. Used to be on Skullcrusher when Immortality was the servers top guild throughout MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx40

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Furries

I use my FFB off spec for aoe trash.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes I have ventrilo and a mic.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

I have a fairly new ASUS N61Jq series notebook. 4gigz of ram. i7 cpu Q720 @ 1.6ghz. It has an ATI Radeon HD 5730 1g graphic card in it, and yes I run at ultra settings now at 50-60 FPS.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

I haven't raided with a legitimate ICC guild till just recently. Mostly organized Pugs. they're a new guild though and we dont have logs up yet. The last time logs were recorded for me was on my elemental shaman during Ulduar 25 Yogg. I set the number 2 record in the world for shaman for 25m yogg with 6.4k dps. This was the 1st week of ulduar release.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

I've been raiding with guilds since the start of TBC. I've cleared Kara, Gruuls, ZA, SSC, TK, BT, 3 down in SW all those pre-nerf on my Elemental Shaman, Chachy which my brother now plays. in WOTLK 10/25 Naxx Clear, 3d Sarth Server First, Ulduar 10 server first, 25 Alliance server first, Malygos 10/25, 10m TOC and TOGC / 25m TOC 4/5 TOGC, 10m ICC 7/12 25m ICC 6/12. I know I haven't gotten very far yet with my mage in ICC, but this is a farely new character for me, but I do amazing dps, learn fast, and respond to the situation quickly, and I think I could contribute to the guild.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I love playing a mage, especially a gnome one :] For all my gearing/gemming and such I like to use Rawr 3.0 off the EJ forums. I also have the downloaded one, but it gets to be a pain in the ass having to update it every couple of weeks. I like playing fire ( TTW/FB - 20/51/0 ) and I dislike arcane and how 90% of the mage population is arcane and think it's the only decent mage spec...Fire is much more stable dps, rather than, oh i'm going to pop all my cds, pull 17k dps for a few seconds and watch it plummit over the duration of the fight as I go oom. With fire your dps potentially increases over the duration of the fight, especially when the boss goes below 35% health. We also dont have to worry about going OOM as much as arcane mages do.
my rotation as fire is Scorch>Living Bomb>Fireball till Hot Streak Procs>Pyroblast and continue on until living bomb needs to be refreshed and scorch needs to be refreshed. I use Mage nuggets to keep me on key with my Living Bombs and scorch refreshing. I use my nuke macro (combustion, mirror images, trinket) usually off the bat if we plan to pop hero at 35%, usually my cds are back up by then, If it's popped earlier I wont blow them all off the bat, but wait till heroes popped. My offspec is FFB aoe spec. The reason being because not only does this spec have living bomb and a really high crit rating, but it also has 100% frost crit bonus dmg for Blizzard. My AOE Roation is Living Bomb every mob> Blow cd's (Combust, Icy veins, images, trinkets) > Flamestrike Rank 9> Flamestrike Rank 8> Blizzard and repeat. I easily put out 25-30k+ dps on trash pulls with this rotation.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

The raid times work perfectly for me seeing as they dont interfere with my weekend. I can raid till much later than 12 am also in case we need to stay longer, I'm usually up till around 2 or 3am EST.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

http://www.hdimage.org/images/nt8w5peg3mp9scnyrxew.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Cone of Cold the fire and continue raiding.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I've been playing WoW for a hella long time. I know the game, I know my class, I'm not a scrub, and if you give me a shot I know I'll impress.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:10 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Why Talisman of Resurgence?
Why 2.5% over your hit cap and you chose to upgrade one of your tier pieces with hit on it?
Why are you wearing heroic 5 man boots instead of sandals of consecration?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:26 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Your name is furries...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:47 pm 
Now I dont know much about Casters, but we have 2 really Active mages 1 that we just somewhat finished gearing up for Hardmodes . To recruit another one that is undergeared for Hardmodes would just be silly. We have other caster classess that are Recruits that need the gear aswell. Thats just my opionon on the matter, also your SS doesn't work and i'm with Imidril.
Your name is Furries...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 pm 

2.5% over because I dont have other options where I can lose hit for other gear upgrades...and the same with the sandels, no other options atm. I know i may be undergeared for you guys, but it never hurts to try =[ Sorry, Idk why the link didn't work. This is from a different upload site: http://tinypic.com/r/4rdjx2/5
I didn't know that belgwrath, all I saw is it said looking for mages on the front page so I app'd, oh,and the name is from an inside joke with some friends who also play, hah :] well thanks for your time anyways. gl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:31 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 am 

Undergeared, Lack of Experience in Harder Content, We're Solid on Mages - Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]