Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Snowrose - Priest Heals
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:46 pm 

Character Name: Snowrose
Character Class: Priest (dual Disc / Holy )
Days Played: 127
Days Played at 80: 34
Alt(s): a big handful of them but not looking to bring them. Currently have alt by this name on Skullcrusher, but she would be replaced

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

I'm an old lady who loves WoW. Turned 56 on May 1st. Live in the Pacific NW USA, Vancouver WA. Moved here about 20 years ago from the Kansas City area. Born & raised in St. Louis. I love heavy metal (actually lots of different kinds of music), have body art. Married for 34 years, have a daughter 30. I also have a very varied background. Currently, I am a real estate managing broker and teach certified real estate classes for Washington State. WoW is the only on-line game I play. A friend got me addicted the November before BC came out.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

I would be a server transfer. This character, Snowrose on Bronzebeard, was my very first and has usually been my main. Was in Exiled Kingdom for several years, part as an officer. It imploded. Visited friendly guilds for a while. Balance for almost a year, just prior to WotLK: time schedule issues had me create horde on Dath Re'mar (oceanic server) to play at night (leveled Snowrose, belf priest, there. She's my horde main). After WotLK was able to revise my schedule and play Snowrose on Bronzebeard again. This had me playing "catch-up" since I missed the dash to 80 there. Seeking progression, was in Swords of Bronzebeard, Irie & Requiem. Requiem had a series of issues just prior to downing LK which caused them to disband.

Now I'm looking for a good guild. For the first time I'm looking off-server (Bronzebeard). All the decent progression guilds there are full on heals (go figure) and I do not want to be left behind again.

I created the version of Snowrose currently on Skullcrusher to visit with my step-daugher, Trickychick.

I there is a serious interest in a trial I would make the character transfer.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

e-mail, manybless@yahoo.com

4. How did you hear about us?

Guild progression website

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Snowrose

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members? Absolutely

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid? Cable internet, Nvidia graphics... let's just say I have no problems with mas whelps

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

Dumped what I had, will try to get some from Requiem for you.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vk6sqbdiqrbullz8/

This was done in the first few weeks after I started raiding as Disc, and new to Requiem. For them, and their mix of players, I found myself keeping to disc except for some 10-man or icc 25 when fighting Sin... then I would switch to holy. This log does not reflect my changes to using pain suppression & power infusion.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

I'v been raiding pretty much since BC. I turned 56 the week BC was released and missed Molten Core (except for some later high level fun runs).

In general, I study my class and the fights. I work to better myself, and am not above helping others with lower fights/raids/etc to help gear them. I always try to contribute with flasks, food, etc. Also, I'm not opposed to healthy critisism and am willing to try different approaches.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I have found that the priest class and healing suits me. I love being in support, and try to think in advance. I've never had the desire to try a shadow spec, and have leveled all my priests as a hybrid of holy/disc. I've 6 healing priests, but only 2 are level 80. Group interaction is what I like, so I gravitate towards raiding. I like working on a common goal. I am pretty hard on myself if I let someone die, or make mistakes.

My gear. I've started gearing towards disc (more crit, less haste) but need to work on getting and keeping better gear for when I go holy. The T10 gear is crappy, we all know that, so I've been working on other pieces.

I've never liked overheals as a strategy, so my overhealing is minimal. However, I am aware that there are times you need to strive towards it. I hate having monitor scores thrown at me before people allow for overhealing. Likewise, monitor scores that don't show mitigated damage from being Disc spec.

As for spell rotation, I don't have any macros. I do use healbot for targetting.

When running Holy, I tend to keep renews up on tanks and anyone else who might be in harm's way, kind of like a mitigation of possible damage. I rely a lot on flash heals with occasional greater heals. Other tricks come into play, giving a tank wings at the right times when big big damage is expected. Since I always seemed to have an eye for upcoming damage situations it just seemed natural to go for Disc spec.

For Disc spec, I keep up shields, of course, on tanks and various groups of people. Penance, some flash heals, and even an occasional renew to head off unexpected (stacked renews on tanks is still a good idea). Lately I've been more aware of using pain suppression and power infusion. Sometimes I need to think more about who to throw power infusion on for best benefit.

I try to be aware on long fights that people may be running short on mana, and, if I have a chance, will bring Hymn of Hope into play.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

Those days work fine for me. My work schedule is pretty flexible, and I'm usually home by 4 Pacific time (7 Eastern). I like the idea of starting and ending early, my hubby will like the fact that I'm not fixing dinner at 9:30 at night. Generally, I can build my work and home schedule around raiding.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

Well, I don't have one available. My UI is pretty vanilla, standard WoW, with 2 right hand action bars and 2 bottom. I keep healbot on lower right, and anything else I might need to click on to its immediate right. I don't use raidframes, just healbot. And DBM.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Yell for a frost mage. If unavailable, grab computer and get hubby to put the fire out.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

For years I have been associated with casual raiding guilds. I've been serious about it and wanting the progression of a hard core raiding guild. I'm not finding that on Bronzebeard.

What you need to know about me is that I try, I don't bring drama, I am a mature and mature-minded player who also knows how to have fun. Not stuffy, but I know when to get down to business. I try to keep up with the forums, including Eliteist Jerks. I am willing to take a backseat to other players in order to be in a top notch guild, knowing that I need to prove myself and work my way up.

I also understand the general issues and politics involved in running a guild, and the work that goes into putting together a raid. I have no desire to be an officer, or be involved in politics, but have great respect for the work involved.

Thank you! Snow

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:00 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I honestly think you have a well written app, especially compared to a lot of the other ones I've seen that look like the person typed it in less then a minute.

The only thing I notice is that your holy specs/gyphs look really off. . .

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:38 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ooo trickychick's stepmom I did a few things with tricky back in BC.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:35 am 

Well now, glyphs and talents can always be tweaked. I was messing with them a while back. :-D

Snow

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]