[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Harwas Feral Druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Harwas Feral Druid
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:45 am 

Character Name: Harwas
Character Class: Feral Druid
Days Played: 137
Days Played at 80: 72
Alt(s): Volaar (DK) Kymetha (Sham) Carune (Priest)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

27 years old. I'm from Maine.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?

Shadow of the Sun (Alliance-Skullcrusher) from February 2010 to May 2010: After four months of raiding with these guys, it became apparent to me that most of them weren't as driven as I am for progression.
Midnight Assassins (Horde-Malorne) from November 2009 to February 2010: They were happy clearing the first wing of ICC ... I wasn't.
I was deployed to Iraq before this. No opportunities to play WoW.

I decided to app with you guys, because as far as I can see, you are one of two progression guilds for Alliance on this server and I hear about you all on almost a daily basis from trade chat and general guild gossip. I'm tired of getting close to clearing something and watch people fall apart. I need some consistency and not the bad kind.

3. What is the best way to contact you?

In game. I'm on a lot now since finishing my contract with the Marine Corps.

4. How did you hear about us?

Had no choice lol. You cannot be a player on Skullcrusher for any length of time and not hear about you guys.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?

Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?

Not sure on the specs of this lap top (Sony Vaio). I picked this up because of how often I traveled in the Marines and it was cheap. I play on medium to low settings at about 40 FPS. It works for me, but I have a couple thousand I'm looking to invest in a more game friendly desk top.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).

The most recent I could find. New to the whole WoL thing.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

First raiding experience came in BC with Kara, ZA through Halazzi, SSC through Tidewalker, TK through Solarian.
This experience came with pugs for the most part. I was still in the Marine Corps at the time and was just starting to get into raiding. I don't remember what was pre-nerf or post-nerf. I had gear for every spec. I would heal Kara and then spec Bear to tank ZA and then go right to kitty to dps in SSC. Mostly, I either tanked or healed efficiently enough to allow for a kill. I raided more for fun in those days.

WotLK: All of naxx 10/25, maly, sarth, 10/13 uld 10, 12/13 uld 25, ony 10/25, 5/5 toc 10, 5/5 h toc 10, 5/5 toc 25, 11/12 icc 10, 5/12 h icc 10, 11/12 icc 25, 2/12 h icc 25. All WotLK content up to toc were done with Midnight Assassins where I provided solid dps, used innervates on cd, and timely brez's. I wasn't afraid to go bear, pop cd's and tank something that would have otherwise eaten many healers and dps faces. After a month of clearing the first wing of icc 10 with MA, it was time for a change. With SotS, I helped in progression starting from Prof. Putricide on through killing Sindragosa before the buff started kicking in I believe. Again, solid dps and doing what any feral druid should be doing with innervates and brez's. Not afraid to use Maim to interrupt the annoying frostbolts in the Dreamwalker encounter and bust out the heals until mana ran low (during early attempts on DW before the icc buff)

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

Likes: solid dps class, ability to save a raid with innervate and battle rez, berserk, juggling the rotation
Dislikes: movement fights are annoying at times due to loss of dot time, qq about who didn't get my innervate or brez, juggling the rotation
Gear: high arp gear is what i look for, maintain somewhere around 4% hit and as close to the expertise cap as i can get. I keep around frost resist gear if the need arises. I go with the basic 54/17 feral build which gives me an "Oh Shit" button (Survival Instincts) and allows me to temporarily stave off packs of mobs in bear form if things get carried away. I can and do cast the occasional heal either on myself or others, which predatory strikes makes instant cast, to save someone or just plain old help the healers out.
Priority: start up- rake, savage roar, mangle, tiger's fury, shred until 5 cp rip, pool energy but make sure rake, savage roar, rip, and mangle stay up, then berserk and destroy. I try and make sure my ooc procs are used for shred as this is a higher dps gain and only ferocious bite when I've got 5 cp and plenty of time left on my other bleeds/sr. I try and make a point to wait 10 seconds before I start to dps, that way if I get a string of crits and my bleeds and everything go up quick along with shredding like a madman, I don't pull threat. This also allows me to go full out on encounters to make the most of my dps.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.

I currently have absolutely nothing going on. No work, no nothing. I'm free to raid seven days a week or ride the bench seven days a week (rather not ride the bench seven days a week, but in the name of progression, sacrifices must be made!)

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

No clue how to do this or where to find it if I did. I can tell you tho, that I use WoW 's interface. Not the greatest for keeping track of all I need to, but I'm in the process of figuring out Grid and what other raid frames are available. I tend to lean away from using the mouse and just use my key pad, but when I feel like annoying other people in the room, the clicking is overwhelming.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?

Fire? What fire?

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.

I'm an easy going guy. I like to have fun and fool around. But, when it comes to something I pay money for on a monthly basis, I choose progression over jack-assery. I pay to see all the content of this game. Not just the easy parts. I'm a Marine, so I'm used to following orders. Don't expect arguments from me on what you need to happen. I like to learn. Especially if it can benefit me and the raid as a whole. For the most part, I don't make the same mistake twice. Shit does happen, but I'll be damned if I end up being the one that wiped the raid and wasted everyone's time. I'm flexible. Physically somewhat, but as far as WoW is concerned, I'm willing to do what I need to in order to be a part of the raid and be a valuable asset to the raid. Most of BC I was tank or heals. I have no problem going back to my roots if that's what it takes. I've tanked in WotLK on my druid as well as a DK. It's not completely foreign to me. I've healed in WotLK and my druid and shammy. Same thing. Progression is what I'm after. Clearing all content possible is what I look forward to. Okay, that about does it. If I left out something, let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Post subject: Re: Harwas Feral Druid
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:31 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

A couple helpful tips for you in your DPS career:

1) At your gear level, 20 hit > 20 agi for your gloves.

2) NEVER start your rotation with Rake, always get a SR up first.

3) The fourth point in Furor and the 3 points in Imp Mangle are essentially worthless; you'd be better off with either 2 in Feral Agression and 2 in Nurturing Instinct, or with all 4 in Feral Agression.

4) Not sure if you do this, but never use Berserk immediately after a Tiger's Fury. The TF buff falls off and you lose the damage boost.

5) I'm pretty sure that ArP gems are better than the hit/exp gems until you hard cap, but that's mostly a personal preference thing because it makes your rotation less stable.

That all being said, I don't have room for a third feral unfortunately. Your gear is great and you seem to know your stuff decently well, so feel free to check back in the future in case the situation changes.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:15 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You just got IMIDROWNED!!!! How does that taste?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:00 am 

Well, thanks for your consideration and the advice. Been relying too much on EJ forums and StratFu forums instead of doing my own spreadsheets and finding out works best for me. I'll keep an eye out and see what comes up in the future.

As far as the taste ... Chicken would be the most common answer I believe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]