Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Malavoy - Ret paladin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 pm 
Character Name: Malavoy
Character Class: Paladin
Days Played: 96 days
Days Played at 80: 75 days
Alt(s):Goldy, Arc Mage 80 and 80 ele shaman

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I'm 25 years old. I come from Sherbrooke, Québec. I'm working as an IT.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Realm Travellers on Drenden: A good french guild but there was too much drama and then the guild spilt up.
Final Destination on Auchindoun: 25-man raiding guild but not going very well. Most of the times we were carrying people so the progression was pretty slow. I left because the guild was unable to full a 25-man at least two days a week.
Paradox: Good 25-man guild, but had problem with attendance and disband.
Shadow of the sun: Decent 25-man guild, but stuck for a while (>month) on LK because ppl don't show or leave earlier.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
In-Game or MSN.

4. How did you hear about us?
I played a long time on skullcrusher and saw some of your members. You are very well geared and you're clearing content.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Malavoy

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
Core 2 duo 2.5ghz, 3g ram, Radeon HD 5770 and a 5mbps internet connection.

8. Please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3z96 ... 069&e=1234

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?

ICC10: Cleared everything up to LK and i killed 6/12 on HM (marrowgar, DW, gunship, saurfang, festergut and blood queen)

ICC25: Cleared everything up to LK and I killed marrowgar and gunship on HM
ToGC10: Up to Anub. My class was useful on Anub with Seal of Command to cleave the adds and Anub, because we were lacking DK or Warrior. Cleared toc 25 as well but no HM.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

I bought the leather belt with my frost emblem because it's a better upgrade than the plate one and not limited by talent that gives AP with armor. I'm aware than AP on gear don't scale with Kings but the leather belt is still a better upgrade.

I use a classic Ret spec for the ret part. I've decided to go holy for the remaining talents points, because with the 2 piece bonus T10, my mana is going low faster than before. I took the aura mastery talent to give a boost to my resist aura when needed (like festergut fight). I can go back to divine sacrifice if needed too.

I use First Come First Serve rotation as a ret paladin. I've made my priority list with rawr to optimize my DPS and put it in CLCret.
I'm not afraid to use my other non-DPS spell to help the raid. Like doing hand of salvation on someone who is too high in aggro table or Hand of Protection depending of the fight.

What's make me good with my class? Hmm, probably because i've played a lot with my paladin, like every one else with their class. I've played a ele shaman and a mage for a while too, but i prefer my paladin. I'm always looking for improvement for my dps and my gear and looking to new ways to be better in raids.

I love the cleave with seal of command, it's useful for multiple mobs and burst damage.
My class is a tad weaker on fights where i need to switch target each ~15-30 sec. Seal of Command loose his advantage and Seal of Vengeance begins to do the big hits.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I was raiding on same times with my previous guilds and i was present to all raids, so i don't have a problem with those raids time.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://yfrog.com/j6wowscrnshot021910072349j the screenshot is bit old (2-3months but still look like that)

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
It's a tricky question, haha. Well, i suppose that I'll say quickly that my house is on fire and then leave the house :)

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I've applied already a few months ago, but my dps was not high enough, i think i'm doing a "good" dps now. I'm hoping you're not full on ret paladin.

I'm aware of the fights before I get in front of the boss. I'll have my consumable and be on time for the raids. I'm decently geared already so i don't need to be geared from scratch and i know well how to play my class. I'll do the dps you expect me to do if you take me.
I'm not afraid to wipe a lot to get an kill or an achievement, I'm not whining while raiding (nor outside) and can take criticism when I'm not doing the right thing.

If you have any question feel free to ask.

Last edited by Malavoy on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:15 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

hey Henstya its in the Picture !

extra pts for ur apply :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:25 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I'm gonna be gone for the weekend, I'll have a response for you when I get back Sunday/Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:33 am 
Thank you, i'll wait for your decision when you come back :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You can always tell a well written App. No old (both age and member) Flaming words.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:09 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You should put the nightmare tear in ur boots and put pure str gems in chest.

Are you are potion or elixir master?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:43 am 
I'll look for those gems, thanks. I'm elixir master right now, but i don't mind to change it if necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:00 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Next time you're online talk to a class leader to get an invite and start your recruitment period.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]