[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Icedemon, Arcane Mage

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Icedemon, Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:22 pm 

Character Name: >>Icedemon<<
Character Class: >>Mage<<
Days Played: >>33 days on icedemon but my old main has 100+ days<<
Days Played at 80: >>Icedemon = 17 days but my old main has 30+<<
Alt(s): >>Gathan*old main/priest*,<<

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
>>Well I am 19 years old, and I am a student at California University of Pennsylvania. I am an education major with minor(s) in law,leadership,political science, and business. I am from the Pittsburgh area in Pennsylvania USA. <<

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
>>Back in BC i was a leader of a guild known as The Celestrial Knights. It was back when I was first learning about the game. When Lich King came out, my guild disbanded and i joined <Forged> which then merged with another guild to create <Vigilant> and then merged with Bretheren to create <Paradox> Paradox then disbanded because of Tamlus*Guildleader* quitting. After paradox disbanded I made my mage my main. I then created a guild known as <Wired> but the guild has had something happen in it to lose most of its key members. So I am now looking for a guild that is well known for progression. <<

3. What is the best way to contact you?
>>It is best to contact me VIA in game or email at mut1464@calu.edu<<

4. How did you hear about us?
>>I have always known about IMMO since the BC days when I first started playing. Always saying I want to one day be as good as those in that guild. I have seen on the forums and heard from members of the progression of this guild, and I would like to join in on the progression/fun. <<

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
>>http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skullcrusher&cn=Icedemon <<

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
>>Yes I have a ventrilo, and I also have a Mic<<

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
>>I will be honest I am not much of a computer person (Knowledge wise lol..) Its a good computer and can handle 25 man raids easily. Its a HP if that means anything.<<

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
>>I do not have any wow log records. <<

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
>>In the Burning Crusade I have done all content before on my old main, including Kara,Mags lair, The eye, sunwell, black temple. Are just a few. In Lich King i have done all content including Maly,10/25, OBsidian sanctum 10/25, Naxx, 10/25, Uld 10/25, toc 10/25, and ICC 10/25 *on 25 i only got to sindragosa. I do know the fights though i studied them hard via forums/videos. In case I would get there at any time. <<

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
>>Well as you may know arcane mages have a VERY DIFFICULT ROTATION! I start out though with a macro that I created. This macro pops all of my cooldowns including icy veins, arcane power, mirror immages. With mirror immages poped I receive a dammage increase of 18% plus the 20% from arcane power. The dammage bonus plus the haste of icy veins combined with the 2 set bonus of t10 makes me cast my arcane blasts/missiles a lot faster. After I use that macro I start with my Arcane blast until it reaches 4 stacks then I use my arcane missiles. The ability to make my missiles cast faster should proc by the time I have casted arcane blast 4 times. If not I still continue the rotation and cast my missiles anyway. I repeat this rotation over and over. I pop my cooldowns when they are available. By the time that the boss is either at 30 or 25% my cooldowns will all be up, And by the time I cast my macro to pop all my cooldowns again hero should be poped to increase my dps greatly for a final bash on the boss. Oh If by chance that i need to move to stop my rotation I include an arcane barrage or an instant cast arcane blast if needed to keep my dps up as I move. <<

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
>>Well I am a college student but with summer here my schedule is pretty clear. I will be starting a job soon but i will not work no later then 7 pm. I made sure of that on my application. I will attend all raids scheduled that I am permitted to go to. 8pm to 12 am is a good schedule for me to follow for raiding. <<

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
>>Image<<

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
>>I would unplug my computer and take it with me to my friends house accross the street and use hi WiFi to keep raiding. <<

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
>>I am a serious yet funny guy who can get along pretty easily with people. I also hate holding peoples hands which is why I would love to be apart of this guild (Because everyone is leet here). I am one who loves to raid and will not give up so easily if faced against a boss that is giving us problems. I can also carry my own weight and do not need to be carried. I believe that I am <Immortality> capable. <<

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:45 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thumbs up for being the first person to use my new template :mrgreen:

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:48 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:51 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Immortality Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:56 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:17 pm 

I think it was a good format, easy to understand/follow. Plus creative and organized.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:54 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:41 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Well-written app.

Why Incanter's absorption over, say, Magic Attunement in today's environment? Or Magic Absorption, given how much survivability it adds?

Since you don't have any logs, I'd like to see you in action, maybe in a ToC 25 or something, so I can give Krattos a good recommendation. Otherwise, I'm sure he'll get back to you soon.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:25 pm 

I would be happy to do a TOC to show what I got. When would you like to do this ToC?

I was joking on the difficult rotation thing... because mages have a very easy rotation of usually 2 buttons. I didn't mean that in any way of a serious thing is why its caps(If that makes any sense). I wanted to add a little laugh to the application. Guess I should not have done it.

Last edited by Icedemon on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 pm 

Oh and to answer your question about the absorption. My method to that madness is that, I am NEVER out of range of my target, I stand where I am suppose to be to make me always be in range of my target, And I am not too fond of amplify magic(This had me killed before), and dampen magic,(Made people angry with me). I use my mana shield at times where I believe there may be a lack of healing where I bubble, and absorb a little dammage and lost a little bit of mana, but I just use my little mana gem *self made because of us being a mage* and get the mana I lost back, Plus the spellpower boost from absorbing that dammage that I should of taken is also a bonus to my dps.

If you believe that I should not do this then I will take your advice and respec out of that. Thanks for the concern though. Hope this cleared it up.

Oh and by the way happy birthday surter lol =)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You have 434 hit rating. ^.^

I could be completely wrong, surter would know better, but wouldn't you be better of going fire if you have all that hit on your gear since it is kind of wasted with arcane? You've got pretty high crit at the moment but lack haste. I also noticed you had a pure haste gem in your cloak which seems like an odd choice to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:44 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Krattos is correct; my bad for skipping the gear and going straight to the spec.

434 is too much hit for fire, let alone arcane. Also, haste is important to an arcane mage; they generally work towards a cap, like resto shaman, though it's not weighted nearly as heavily. So, the question is, why all the hit? You're sitting at 23 percent hit raid buffed for Arcane; that's 6 percent wasted hit. Beyond the obvious question of why you'd have so much hit, why don't you at least spec out of the extra hit from talents?

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:13 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Going to pass for now. Feel free to try again in the future and see if a spot has opened.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]