[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Glacîal - Mage

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Glacîal - Mage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:12 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name:
Glacîal

Character Class:
Mage

Days Played:
60d 3h

Days Played at 80:
5d 18h

Alt(s):
80 Priest
80 Rogue
80 Warrior
80 Death Knight
72 Druid

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
Hey, My name is Quiroz(Most know me as Q). I'm a 21 year old college student in Arizona. I'm just trying to survive college while playing a lot of WoW with my GF.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Razor - As my 60 mage Wintress. Raided MC. Left due to boredom and other distractions of high school.
Forgotten Prophets - Still on Wintress. Raided BWL - TK. Left during WotlK due to switching my main to a rogue and FP not having any Rogue spots available for me .
Dude its a Game - My 80 Rogue Irezumi. Raided Naxx - Ulduar. Left due to the collapse of the guild.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
Probably by texting or by email. But i also check forums 5+ times a day :)

4. How did you hear about us?
Played Skullcrusher Alliance for 5+ Years. Your name popped up once or twice :)

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ac%C3%AEal

I'm currently a horde due to boredom when i came back to WoW. I didn't like how dead the Alliance side was. But truth is.... I miss Humans, and i don't care how dead the server is as long as i have a solid guild to raid with. So i'd switch back if my applications gets any serious consideration.

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
I have Vent and have no problem with listening or talking back.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz
6 GB RaM
Cable Internet.
I run max graphics all the time and have stayed 20+ FPS during all of the the ICC raiding that i have done so far.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-36ispwc78m55bje9/
An alt run of Destiny's Bane that i went along with tonight. Felt i did pretty decently, I could work on my positioning a little better for some of the fights so that im not running around as much.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
Raided Naxx - Ulduar on my rogue Irezumi with Dude its a Game. Progressing through Ulduar was a refreshing challenge after Naxx, so it was sad to end right at the hard modes. I felt i helped by bringing my best DPS and by helping to coordinate the melee and interrupts for the raid encounters.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
I really like my Mage. Being a glass cannon has always been a really fun idea for me so i like to embrace it as best as i can. I don't really have any dislikes about mages :/. I feel like i am good at my class because i can keep my rotation up while being aware of the encounter at the same time.
My gear at the moment is a little behind. I just recently came back from my break after the disbanding of Diag and have been trying to build my gear as best as i can up to now.
I currently raid as fire for 100% of the raid. I would be willing to pick up an arcane offspec and use it for any fights that would prefer it.
Rotation is priority based.
0)Scorch Debuff(Usually not needed due to other classes with same debuff)
1)Keep LB UP
2)Hot Streaks
3)FireBall Spam

Maximizes Procs while keeping the Ignites Rollinnn :)

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I work or go to school during the day, and my nights are usually spent in my apartment with the GF because we like to hibernate ;). I Wouldn't have any problem making 90%+ of the raids and could give good warnings for the raids i would miss.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

Just missing my Recount and Omen above the right chat box.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Grab my GF, my dog, and my computer and get the hell out of my apartment. One missed raid is much better then never raiding at all.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I'm a really chill player who like to have fun while pushing his limits as a gamer. I consider myself to be very hardcore and love to strive for the best while having a good time in the process. I have raided with Thanatonos, Tavarik, Crittypants, Simaron and Asgerd In the recent past and would say they could tell you a good deal about how i am as a raider aswell. I have no ego/pride issues and would have no issue sitting on the sidelines or doing alt runs until my DPS was up to par with the progression needs. I am just getting tired of failed pugs and feeling like im wasting my time while raiding. I'd like to get back into a group of skilled players who i can have fun and progress to the top with.

Thanks for the consideration
-Q

Last edited by Glacial on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Glacîal - Mage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:50 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You dps isn't bad for your gear really, but you have next to 0 experience in ICC - let alone hard modes.

Your fire spec, no offense, demonstrates a lack of depth to your understanding of the mage class that is prohibitive of joining a guild that intends to work on HM Lich King. Your app also leads me to believe you don't quite understand Ignite, either. Maybe my standards are too high, but that's the impression I get.

Just my 2 cents.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:24 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thanks for the dps comment, it means a lot coming from someone of your standing.

As for the ICC-experience, i understand that it is low but i have never had fight mechanics hold me back a great amount. With the correct cooldown and timing addons, keeping up your dps rotation 100% while dodging/moving for the fight becomes pretty cake.

Not sure where i failed on my fire Spec :/ maybe by taking spirit over FT. I coppied it directly from a high end raiding mage named Ibbin from the guild Advent. It is also very similar to other raiding mages i've seen on the Horde side.

As for ingite, i know it doesn't "roll" like it used to. But its still fun to stack it up for a high dmg tick every now and then. I know this isnt the KEY aspect of fire dps... just a fun thing to do.

Either way, I'll admit that im not 100% on mage raiding. I'm willing to listen(or read) about what i am doing wrong and will fix it as soon as humanly possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:06 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Flattery aside, good attitude and good answers.

Flamethrowing is important for alot of situations though; extra time spent moving into range is lost dps time. This matters on more fights than you'd think, and the spirit is negligible.

I think that with gear, you could probably be an asset, especially since you don't even have 4 piece to work with yet. If Krattos is willing to throw gear at you, maybe first in the alt run, then I think you might be worth a shot.

The priests of different religious sects...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight, and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subdivision of the duperies on which they live.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:10 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I vaguely remember you from DIAG when I was in there on my DeathKnight (Dionos). Honestly... I remember you being pretty mediocre. With that being said though I don't think I would have called you bad, which is a bonus. In the end, I would gladly recruit you. As long as you know that you would be coming in primarily as a back up raider to start. I already usually sitting a few ranged every night (when we aren't doing HM LK of course). With that being said I would of course try and get you in when possible.

If that sounds like it is worth faction changing for let us know.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 pm 

I don't really know if my name rings a bell to anyone anymore, so I don't know if this even matters, but Q's a guy I'll give my support for. Anywho, I was Mage CL for a bit of DiaG (after Eckoo left, for this guild iirc) and for the majority of Paradox--a guild Q forgot to mention on his previous guilds. :]

First off, I'll start off to say that 60 days is nowhere near his actual playtime. In general from reading his application, he sells himself short to how he actually is. Q has so much experience in this game, and he's been exceptional with every class I've seen him work with. He grasps concepts to new things faster than almost anybody I've played with. I'll completely support him when he says that he's never had fight mechanics hold him back, because he's definitely competent.

And hi Dionos <3, just to clear up what you remember about DiaG: that guild had the best rogues on the server at the time. Paulaabdul and Disorderly were absolutely exceptional, and had gear out the ass. They never missed raids, and always had priority. After HAT was nerfed, having more than 2 rogues in a raid wasn't all that necessary. Also considering we had competition from other rogues who were favored for their veteran status throughout Pendarren's guilds, Irezumi hardly ever got into raids; he was a fresh 80 along with that, so it was hard for him to make an impression. Though he stayed because of me.
Once Diso/Paula went on hiatus, Irezumi had more of an opportunity for a raid spot.. He was on par with the DPS there with less than half their gear when he was given the chance. When he had gear to have his fair chance to make an impression, and was then Rogue CL at the time (if I remember correctly); though it really didn't matter because DiaG was in the gutter without Paula. While Irezumi was in Paradox he wasn't so active. I just know Paula liked Q, which really means a lot when you know the type of guy Paula was.

I'll also just throw in that when Q played Wintress, he was Mage CL for Forgotten Prophets. He was one of the few competent people in that guild who carried the rest.

Just throwin out my love for a buddy. He's definitely worth a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:01 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I remember him being pretty good on his rogue back in ulduar.
If we need a range dps i would say give him a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Tica,

You pretty much hit on the nail with what I remember. Was that we had Paula and Diso who were both freaking amazing. So I never really got to see any of the other rogues very often... Like I said I am more then willing to give him a shot and would try to fit him into raids whenever possible to gear him up quickly. I honestly may of missed a lot of his raiding time since I had taken a break when Ulduar first came out and didn't come back intil Diag was already over halfway through the normal modes.

Off topic, you still play Tica? Haven't talked to you in forever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Just wanted to add something real quick to be clear. Faction change over and welcome. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:45 pm 

I haven't played since I raged over incompetent people from 10M Firefighter.. Which was around.. I don't even remember, like a month or two before ICC was released.
Gave my quality 20k gold to Mitsurux that night and called it quits.

If I ever start playing again I'll let you know man.
If I do, it'd be because of the awesome guy you just welcomed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:17 pm 

Sup guys... it's nice to see a lot of familiar names...even yours Surter :)

Dionos - I hope you did give Irezumi a chance. He did better in raids than I think you remember. He came in while under highly skilled rogues and I seldom heard a complaint from him sitting the bench. He was always on for raids, and if he didn't get a spot, he farmed and was on standby for us. When he did get his shot at a raiding position, he prepared for the boss and wasn't a player we had to micromanage. Someone with that type attitude and commitment to their guild is always a great addition, as any CL/Office/GM will tell you. Grats on making CL over here in Immo.

You guys look like your doing really well and I hope you guys keep it up in the expansion. :) Anyone else playing SC2?

++ Tica... Shady told me to say: "Sup Broski!!!"

-Pen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:37 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I recruited him. :)

Pen, PM me the email address you use so I can add you to my real ID list. I'm probably going to be picking SCII up here soon. Just using the 7hr trial in the interim.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:51 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]