Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Neems-Enhancement Shaman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:05 pm 

<Immortality>

Character Name: Neemz
Character Class: Shaman
Days Played: 157
Days Played at 80: 106
Alt(s): Dréwish, Léthal, Shórtstack (feral druid/crap fresh hunter/crap freshish war)

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I'm 21 and currently live in the Cleveland area of Ohio. Just got out of the navy last month so I look forward to being able to raid regularly again.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?[/b]
I was in 6/7, but i wasn't able to really be a regular raider due to the irregular schedule of the navy so I just kinda did 6/7 alt runs and pugs for a while. I left the server for a while so I could pvp because as you know the pvp on this server is pretty terrible, but I just know too many people on this server and being on Kel'thuzad became really boring after a couple weeks...too many ninjas and bads on that server...its only good for pvp and after being on the PVE and PVP side of things i'd much rather just PVE regularly.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
I'm in game a lot of the time, I can also be found in 6/7 vent a lot of the time and I have skype as well that i'm usually logged into.

4. How did you hear about us?
Being on Skullcrusher it's pretty hard to know know about Immo.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&cn=Neemz

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
I play on an Asus Laptop. It’s built for gaming and can handle wow just fine with max graphic setting on. Internet connection is stable, when I raid I always hook up the computer to the modem instead of raid wirelessly just as a precaution.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
I don’t have any logs due to me not having a raiding spot in any guild recently, but I can probably get some screenshots this Sunday if I get into Little’s 6/7 alt run and post them up here for u guys.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
I didn’t play pre-BC, and I started on the later end of BC so my raiding experience for then is little to none…in BC I was in a guild called No Excuses on Mannoroth that was just a pretty casual raiding guild and we were stuck in BT on Illidan pre Nerf and ended up downing him very shortly after the nerf. When wrath came out I was on a fairly low population server (shattered halls) due to the que to level to 80 on mannoroth being up to 2 hours on some days, where I was in the guild Lok Kosh. We were the 2nd place gulid on the server, second to get 3d, second to get Yogg 25 down, and first to get Yogg10 down. But due to me being in the navy, I was starting to get passed up on gear because my reliability of showing up to raids wasn’t very good, but completely out of my control. After losing my raiding spot I decided to xfer servers and came to skullcrusher as horde. I got into completely broken as more of a casual player because they understood my situation when it came to raiding. I got sick of horde and came to the alliance side of things. I joined 6/7 when TOC was out and was a raider for a short period of time until I went on a 3 month deployment and came back to my gear being outdated and I’ve been a casual in 6/7 pretty much ever since. In the short periods of time where I was actually able to raid with the guilds I was in I pulled my weight and in some cases even excelled above and beyond others. I’m used to pushing myself to the next level due to my gear almost always being under what others is.
10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
I love playing a shaman, and enjoy how the rotation of enhancement works. What makes me good at my class is that I always research things by using elitist jerks, checking forums, etc. My gear isn’t the best at the moment, but it’s not very bad either. The only upgrades are heroic 25m items, except for my DV which I’d gladly replace with a tiny abom reg even.
My current rotation is a priority rotation of:
1) Lightning Bolt every 5 maelstrom stacks
2) Storm Strike
3) Lava Lash
4) Flame Shock (which I use off the pull before I can get in melee range of boss so I can start my haste stacks as soon as the fight starts)
5) Fire Nova
6) Pop shamanistic rage when my death’s verdict procs to maximize my damage

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I work an early morning job from the hours of 4AM-9AM, so making raid times will not be an issue whatsoever to me. I will have 100% attendance.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Grab my computer (easy to do being a laptop) and get me and my family/dog the hell out. A game is certainly not worth dying for.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I stay calm and relaxed in raids and rarely, if ever, make the same mistake more than once. I do my research to make sure I maximize my potential as a raider, and push myself to be the best I can at what I do and never go into a fight without knowing it. I come to raids prepared and ready to down bosses, not hold people up with stupidity and incompetence. I’m very easily to get along with and see myself as an easy person to work with. I’m always willing to do what I have to for my guild, whether that means sitting out for a fight or two to give others a chance or even helping people out if they need it. I think that if you can give me a chance to raid with you guys you would not be disappointed. Besides the melee will love the SOE totem :p.

---thanks for taking the time to look over my app---

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:16 pm 

/support

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

/support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]