[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Alonos - Destro Lock

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alonos - Destro Lock
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:43 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Alonos
Character Class: Warlock
Days Played: 130
Days Played at 80: 76
Alt(s): Icyudied (80 Holy Pally) & other assorted +70 toons

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I'm 19 and I currently live in Shalimar, Florida. I am a student at NWFSC, but my schedule has given me more time now for raiding then I have ever had in my years of playing WoW.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
I have been in Lessons in Brutality, Death and Decay, Shade, and now Shadow of the Sun.
Pretty much the same thing happened in each guild I've been in. There were maybe 11 highly dedicated raiders (myself included) and 14 others who just showed up for loot, not caring about progression and not putting in the effort to improving themselves. Some of the dedicated raiders got fed up with this and left for better guilds or transferred to horde, and then the guild just completely fell apart. I fear the same thing is happening to SotS now.
I was actually recommended by three of your members (Sallvation, Abrana, and Dawnforged), whom I had the joy of raiding with from Ulduar-Early ICC, to come and apply to Immortality.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
I am almost always available through email, in game, or Skype.

4. How did you hear about us?
How could anyone on Skullcrusher not know about Immortality?

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Alonos

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
I raid on a brand new 27" iMac intel core i5, and I have a laptop I can raid on in case I'm having issues with the iMac. Both computers can easily handle maxed setting in a 25 man raid. My internet generally has no issues.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
Unfortunately, I only have one World of Logs record, and it isn't even an accurate example of my current potential dps. The log is from a little over a month ago, and was when my ISP was doing maintenance in my area so I was having connection issues.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oakdzuolybo6wbxy/

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
I started playing early BC, but I took my time leveling. By the time I hit 70 it was already close to the end of patch 2.3, so I spent the majority of my early raiding only doing Kara, Grull's Lair, and Mag. Mid 2.4, I was brought with LiB's core raiding group where we were able to clear All of TK and SSC except for Kael and Vashj. Vashj and Kael were killed post-WotlK talent patch.
After the release of WotLK I reached level 80 in 6 days and began raiding. Since Wrath I have been able to easily reach top dps because I saw it was important to research fights/strategies and make changes to my spec/rotation in order to reach my highest potential output. In Death and Decay (which merged with Shade after a few months) I raided as Affliction and completed all of Naxx 10/25, Malygos 10/25, and OS 10/25 (25 man with one drake). When Ulduar came out, Shade broke up, and I went back to raiding in Lessons in Brutality as destruction. In 25 man Ulduar we cleared everything except for Yoggy, and did Flame Leviathan & XT Hardmodes. In the 10 man group we fully cleared and did all hardmodes for the Meta except for One-Light, Iron Dwarf Medium Rare, Vezax's HM. In TOC I have cleared 5/5 regular 10/25 man, and 4/5 TOGC 10/25. Lessons in Brutality fell apart around the time LK was available, and I was brought into Shadow of the Sun, while other friends quit or joined different guilds. I have now completed all of ICC 10/25 regular, and 9/12 HM ICC 25 with some experience on Putricide HM.
I feel the the utility that I bring besides my high single-target dps and health/soul/summon stones (and the haste buff destro will bring in cata) would be my awareness to the raid environment and ability to adapt.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
From day one, I have always loved the Warlock class. My lock was the first character I made and has always been my main. All 3 specs have their own unique feel. My gear is pretty decent, with 6 pieces from heroic ICC25, 4 from ICC 10 (to meet the hit cap without sacrificing valuable stats just for ilvl), and the rest is 25m ICC gear. My gear is focussed on having as much mastery as I can (As it is Destro's most desirable stat now next to Int) by reforging all extra Crit and Spirit, while keeping haste near 1k (1.268k <hard cap> would be obtainable with 2-3 minor upgrades). My Prime Glyphs are Immolate, Conflagrate, and Incinerate, with lifetap as the only important Major Glyphs.
My Destro priority rotation is:
1.) CoE
2.) Improved Soulfire (30% haste on targets above 80% health)
3.) Immolate
4.) Conflagrate
5.) Bane of Doom (at +12k dps Bane of Havoc is only worth casting if the targets after applying the bane will live for more than 6.4 seconds)
6.) Chaos Bolt
7.) Empowered Imp Soulfire, and Soulburn Soulfire
8.) Incinerate (when everything else is on CD)
9.) Corruption when moving (using it in a normal situation is not really a dps increase or decrease, so it can just be left for movement only)
Not sure whether to use Infernal/Doomguard right away or to wait for heroism yet.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I have classes in the mornings from 8:00-11:00 four days a week, so making raid times should not pose any problem for me at all. I will be able to keep a perfect raid attendance unless something extremely dire came up, in which case I would notify an officer immediately.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://img641.imageshack.us/f/uidawnfurd.jpg/
I feel much more comfortable using the default UI than any mod. The only mod not showing is my Power Auras which I use to track procs and CDs. A sparkly interface does not necessarily make one a better/worse raider.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Assuming my house is entirely engulfed in flames, I would grab my laptop bag, get the heck out of there, and then continue playing on the neighbor's wifi. I'm not going to stand in fire irl.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I believe I am a friendly, relaxed, dependable, and easy to get along with person (oh, if only you got your way with just being friendly) who plays this game to have fun. I try to always come prepared and I am serious when I say I will go out of my way to learn a fight better or to improve on something. I'm sure there is probably a slight lul in activity right now with Cata approaching and all, but I would love to raid with those who I know who have come to Immo, and to finally be in a great guild filled members who are actually dedicated to making progress.

Last edited by Alonos on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Alonos - Destro Lock
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:54 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

i back alonos 100% i have raided with him thro most of Wotlk , smart guy , smart raider , reads fights and dose his job and shows up whan he says he will , he knows his class inside and out he whould be a great raider/person to have in cata to join our 10 or 25 man groups

."

Achilles says: "That's why no one will remember
your name
."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:51 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hai Alonos... You were awesome to have in lib and hope to be able to raid with you again :elfsmile:
Great player with a great attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:02 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

and alonos has cake too :>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:37 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ty Abrana, Dawn, and Sall for your comments, they really mean a lot to me. I hope that I am seen as raider material and can be useful come cata 10/25 raids.
Yes Abrana, I will bring cake and coffee too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:45 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

good warlock grab him :)

log of our marrowgar kill when my lock was in his guild.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]