[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Armageddor - Fury MS/ Tank OS

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Armageddor
Character Class: Warrior
Days Played: 86 days, 4 hours, 19 minutes, 14 seconds
Days Played at 80: 60 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes, 44 second
Alt(s): Bearman 74

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
Hi, Im 20 years old college student, from south Texas that like to play wow

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Gèñêsis/Conspiracy- I left because of issues including the guild disbanding, the main reason why I left and the guild disbanded was the fact that we never got out of 10mans and into 25mans
Retrospect- 2 reasons: The guild stopped Hardcore raiding, and I was forced to leave over a dispute with the GM
Sinsational- I joined this guild thinking they were at a higher raiding level, but after a few weeks raiding with them I came to the conclusion that they have a couple of good players but they are being held up by another 15 or 16 from getting some progression done.
Shadow of the Sun- I liked this guild but with Cataclysm incoming many our our players got discouraged to continue raiding and slowly but surely our guild stoped raiding aswell

3. What is the best way to contact you?
WoW or e-mail

4. How did you hear about us?
You guys have been around for a long time, I have seen you on top of the rankings and I have always heard good things about your guild

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Armageddor

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes I do

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
I raid on ultra settings and my fps normally ranges between 30 fps and 60fps as a set max.

I built this PC

*Intel Core i7 2.80 GHz
*4gigs of DDR3 ram
*Nvidia GTX 275 1792 MB ddr3

I thought that was worth mentioning.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
I'm sorry I don't have any knowledge on world of logs but I can say that it is true I have made mistakes when raiding and I accept them and look for ways to correct them

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
I started raiding when ToC came out I have downed every fight in there for normal mode and I have attempted a few hard modes and cleared it on 10m HM. Now more importantly I have raided all ICC and attempted all fights on heroic mode successfully downing every one of them with the exception of Professor Putricide, Sindragosa, and Lich King. It is also worth mentioning I have tanked all of them and dps all of them (I have downed him on normal and I have not been able to attempt him on heroic at all).

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
I have always be known as a good warrior by most of my peers in my previous guilds. As of 4.0.1 my likes and dislike on being a warrior have changed for example gearing up is easier now that ArP is gone since other pieces seem more attractive with the use of reforging. One of my biggest dislikes about being a warrior is the need to be enraged to use my new ability Raging Blow. My rotation works as follows and correct me if I'm wrong but it goes like this Bloodthirst, Raging Blow(Use Berserk Rage to activate if necessary), Slam on proc and Heroic Strike above 50 rage. I trow in sunder armor depending on our tank and try to keep the stacks up with Heroic Trow if I have to run away like on fights similar to Rotface and Marrowgar among others. My CD works on the following way Death Wish is usually timed to be used twice in a fight once by itself and another with Heroism, Recklessness is only thrown in when I do not have anything else to use and only during Death Wish if I am going to be endangering my life with that ability at least it must increase my output damage.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I am available Mondays through Thursday from 7-12, I'm generally available on Sundays too at the same hours.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Talk on vent G2G house on fire, I have to be realistic on this XD. at any point I will make my character auto run into a wall in case my position could affect the outcome of the raid the push of a button can make a big difference.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
My names Armageddor you can call me Arma. I cant wait for cataclysms to try out the new content and I hope to keep raiding and enjoying the current and future content with people that want to enjoy the most of the game. I'm an overachiever and a collectionist I try to get everything I can in the game and I also try to help out as much as I can learning in the process. I prepare myself for every raid by reading up the fights and watching videos on them. And a thing that can be distinguished in my is attendance in all my past guilds I have never missed a raid unless something happened to me or my surroundings.

If you attempt to fail and succeed what have you done?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:08 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. What is your attitude towards achievements?
2. Why do you need to kill Illidan?
3. How would you rate your pvp skill?
4. How could you use world of logs to better yourself?
5. What do you bring to the table that no one else does? In other words why you and not some other warrior?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:51 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I remember you from that Wrath ICC25 with pugs in there. You were pulling good numbers on damage meters, it was not bad at all!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:59 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

finally an app that doesnt suck :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:19 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. What is your attitude towards achievements?
7k achievement points and working on more!
2. Why do you need to kill Illidan?
I'm in no actual need to kill him but I could go for kicks and giggles maybe a chance at obtaining a warglaive drop =P
3. How would you rate your pvp skill?
Im fine above average I have the means to keep myself alive and inflict damage to keep myself alive. Im still a bigger fan of pve than pvp
4. How could you use world of logs to better yourself?
It is to my understanding that world of logs serves as a tool to have an overview of dmg and events that took place over a fight this tool could aid me to see what went wrong during a fight. To better myself I could use it and compare it to different attempts to find new ways to pull bigger numbers or verify that I am fighting as intended.
5. What do you bring to the table that no one else does? In other words why you and not some other warrior?
I'm a player with constant attendance and a never give up attitude.

Thank you guys on your comments!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:42 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hi Arma,

Solid and well done application. And you didn't fail at Stalyx's questions. Been waiting on Imidril or Misstickle to chime in from the melee side of things but they're slackers :P

Couple questions for you. You listed a Tank OS. How confident are you if you needed to be asked to tank a fight or two. Even an ICC clear if we had a shortage of tanks that night? Is your Tank set up to date?

Lastly, the most important question: How are you at dealing with Flamestrikes?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hello, just a couple of things about ur rotation.
I personally use HS after BT because it is more usefull rage wise and it is our hardest strike. (incase Battle Trance procs)
So the ideal rotation would be BT > HS > RB.
Do not use slam, i dont know why u are still using it, maybe because of blizz updates saying that it was free but it is still not free in live servers.
I use it sometimes during heroism because we have so much rage but after that it is not worth it.
Also dont worry about sunders, hunter's pet apply sunders now.
So yea, always keep BT and HS on CD.
GL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:03 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Couple questions for you. You listed a Tank OS. How confident are you if you needed to be asked to tank a fight or two. Even an ICC clear if we had a shortage of tanks that night? Is your Tank set up to date?

Yes, no problem with that I have tank most of the fights on heroic mode with a few exceptions but it shouldnt be to much of a problem to take care of those either.

Lastly, the most important question: How are you at dealing with Flamestrikes?

RUN! =P I just make sure to take the adds with me and step back I may use a shockwave to stun them while I get out faster avoiding more dmg.

Asgerd, Ill look into it that rotation I gave is the one I believed to be correct since 4.0.1 came out yet I havent gotten into it so much since our dmg was bad at the begging of this patch but ill try this out some time during the dummies to see how it works for me it should be easier not worrying about procs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:57 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:28 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Damn time to farm some more achieves XD

I guess I got one of the questions wrong but I see what you mean by knowing all mechanics implemented in the game so far.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:50 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You seem like you are dedicated and know your stuff, I'd love to recruit you and see what you can do. Whisper an officer in game for an invite.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]