[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Xanatoss - Mutilate Rogue

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:13 pm 

Character Name: Xanatoss
Character Class: Mutilate Rogue
Days Played: 43 days + Vanilla Content on different account
Days Played at 80: 30 days
Alt(s): Xanatacos 80 Warrior; Xanapha 80 Death Knight

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
IRL name Kenny. 19yro NJIT student. I'm from a small town in North Jersey and now live in Newark, NJ.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Genesis / Conspiracy - My 1st real raiding guild. The guild eventually lost too many members and fell apart ~ midway through 3.3.
Shadow of the Sun - I joined SotS around the time of their 1st 25 LK kill. I got up to 9/12 Heroic 25 down, minus the obvious 3, before 4.0.1 hit and the guild stopped raiding.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
/who Xana Generally if Im not on the above toons Im leveling another alt with Xana as the 1st 4 letters.
Cell - 2018419062

4. How did you hear about us?
Everyone knows Immo. But I was recommended to apply by Piemaster (roommate).

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Xanatoss

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable frame rate in a 25 man raid?
i7 920 core overclocked to 2.98GHz; 1064 video card, 3688 VMemory, 1064 vcard; 6gb RAM soon to be upped to 12gb. Its a little overkill for WoW but I can handle any angle of any raid encounter w/ 60fps on full settings =P

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/crft ... etails/12/ This is a Halion fight from Mid-September. My gear wasn't as good but it's close. Unfortunately SotS was lax about posting on World of Logs.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
I was on server Arthas in Vanilla as an Orc Rogue. Did all of the content up to/including AQ40, but not much of Naxx. I quit when BC hit, and started up on this toon at the start of 3.3. I started raiding a little after 3.3 and have cleared ToC, ToGC, and ICC 9/12 Hm25.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
First and foremost, its a Rogue. Not a Rouge. The Rogue is one of the most famous classes in WoW imho. Unfortunately it attracts a lot of idiots and failures, due to the nature of the class. In cata rogues are supposed to be going away from stunning and bursting, and getting more survivability. Hopefully this will weed out the bad players who kill opponents during a 10sec stun and then cry when vanish "breaks".
My classes' raid dps revolves around my auto attacks to apply poisons, the envenom buff to apply poisons, and bleeds which have a poison effect (Venomous Wounds). Ergo my stat priorities are Exp > Spell Hit > Agi > Haste > White Hit = Mastery.
The general dps rotation is Open w/ Garrote, put up Slice and Dice, put up Rupture, and then keep up Envenom and Rupture (Env refreshes SnD). I use Vanish and Vendetta and Cold Blood on CD but I try to line them up together if possible, and w/ Heroism if I know when its coming beforehand.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I'm always available.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47 ... 174055.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Depends what fight we were on =P. Any fire would be a stupid fire drill anyway.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
Xanatos is never pronounced correctly so I'll correct that now. The 'X' is said as an 'S' and the 'o' is short. I got the name from an old Star Wars series, Star Wars Apprentice, which I read ~10 years ago. Coincidentally its also the antagonist of the show Gargoyles. In WoW I've never been one for achieves or novelty items. I defiantly enjoy getting new pets/mounts/achieves, but that's not my main goal in the game. I just want to beat raid bosses and other players. Beating them in a grand and humiliating fashion is just gravy. I hope in cata to do both PvP and PvE, but raiding will come 1st.
By the by if the need ever arose for me to go combat Id be more than willing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. How decent of a pvper are you?
2. Why are achievements important?
3. We are at LK -- It is Monday night -- we have had some amazing progress, one of the officers suggest that we extend the raid. You know that most of the guild needs more gear, but we are so close. How would you vote and why?
4. Explain the fight mechanics of Vashj from the point of view of a rogue -- failing which how would you beat hogger?
5. A guildy just cut 12 gems for you -- how much would you tip them?
6. You realize that one of the hunters in the guild is hot as hell... how would you approach said hunter? Or would you not doing anything about it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:27 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Couple of questions:

Are you a bad keyboard turner like piemaster?

Also typically when a word begins with a x then it is pronounced as a z as in xerox not a s sound. Which is actually how I think you pronounce xanatos going off of the gargoyles pronunciation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78NwpnkS ... re=related
3:15 is pronunciation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Don't make him explain vashj that fight is way too much of a pain in the ass to type out :P (and he didn't even raid in bc anyway). He's good with fight mechanics and spends a ton of time spread sheeting, always in the top 3 dps whenever I glance over during his SotS raids... if you give him a trial you'll see that he'll fit in fine, assuming that we have any need rogues that is. And no, he doesn't keyboard turn. But maybe if he did (or you) he/you would be a badass duelist like me :P

*inc gladiators flaming me*

edit: smilies piss me off

edit: edit: Krattos you actually watched through gargoyles clips on youtube to find that >.> (even though it is definitely a "Z" sound and he just fails)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:45 pm 

1. My only exp comes from BGs, not arenas. I always do very well KBs and Total Dmg wise, but that's a poor indicator of pvp skill imo. In Vanilla I held a rank of Legionnaire (Knight-Captain). I wasn't interested in arenas and really look forward to rated BGs.
2. I'm not too sure what your asking. Important for what? If I were pugging a raid I would certainly look at someone's achievements.
3. Id vote to extend the raid. Progression seems more worth it to me. Having made good progress there's no reason to slow that momentum.

4. I didn't raid BC but I looked up the fight mechanics.
Phase 1 - No more than a tank and spank. I'm not sure how damaging Static Charge, ticking ~2000 damage, is for BC content but I'll assume either its healed through or I back off if I get low. If I get static charge sprint and leave the raid. If I get static charge and root I Vanish, Sprint, leave raid.
Phase 2 - Vashj goes to the center and gains her shield. Much like the Raging Spirits in transition phase LK, As soon as the Coilfang Elite spawns I tricks the Tank and attack to generate tank aggro. A rotation of rogues > tricks would be set up before hand so each mob gets tricks'd to a tank. Take down each one and move to the next while watching for their cleave.
The Tainted Elementals must be killed immediatly, and the tainted core looted. The core is then passed b/w the players until someone puts it into the active shield generator. A formation of some sort is required as the person with the tainted core cannot move.
Before the phase ends there should be 1 full elite up and 1 nearly dead elite up.
Phase 3 - A dps race, similar to p3 Putricide. Blow all CDs with Heroism and send my numbers as high as possible, without pulling aggro. Stay away from Sporebats and their poison cloud and maul Vashj as fast as possible.

5. Nothing, because as a guild were all in it together.
6. I wouldn't do anything because all girls on the internet are dudes. Just like all kids on the internet are undercover FBI agents. >.>

... and no I don't keyboard turn.

I got the name from a book and pronounced it the way I wanted. I never watched Gargoyles I found that fact on when I looked up Xanatos on Wikipedia.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:51 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Someone teach me how to play a rogue.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:57 pm 

You stab shit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:23 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

6. I wouldn't do anything because all girls on the internet are dudes. Just like all kids on the internet are undercover FBI agents. >.>

I resent this remark.

NO VOTE.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:37 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Lyllie is as much a dude as she is world class.

On another note, I think we should have room to get you in for some trial runs, so hit up an officer for an invite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Why the fuck did you put numbers in your username? As somebody who helped administer the userbase for awhile, that annoys me. Eat shit and die.

Sidenote: Anybody who uses a website username different than their in-game name - eat shit and die.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Not seeing anything blatantly retarded, and that's always good. A question I have is in how you deal with Cooldown management. A missed second Vendetta on a 2:40 min fight will completely kill your DPS, and tott and vanish on CD is that extra push from good to optimal DPS. On a similar vein, you did miss out on sub 35% execute phase for mutilate rogues on your rotation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:07 am 

Tricks is first and foremost for the aggro. If there's a part of the fight that needs an add to be tricks'd to the tank I would save it for then. Of course I wouldn't hold it too long.
I try to use all my long cds together on a tank and spank phase of the fight. E.g. P1 LK, beginning of saurfang. If I know a hero is coming I'll save it until then. It really depends on the length of the fight.
If the fight doesn't have a tank and spank phase, e.g. Blood Princes, I try to use energy regenerating cds, Vanish, Cold Blood, Tricks, etc for when I have energy issues.
I don't think its so much about using your cds as many times as possible. More about when you use them. Instead of immediately blowing them at the start of the fight in hopes to save it, wait until my duel mongoose procs, then use it.

As for the 35% execute phase, I like that addition. I find that its much faster cps using 55-35 energy backstabs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:24 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Although I very rarely post on apps, just felt like saying he was added to my Ulduar 25m last Thursday by Piemaster and from what I recall, didn't do THAT great. Didn't know many of the fights and even after having explained them, failed on some parts. Was hoping for a bit more from him.

.....Not that Ulduar is srs bsns, but you know.

Edit: If he had never done Ulduar, then I change my answer and would like to say he did alright. The only "poor" performance came from the more difficult fights like FF (arguably the hardest fight, aside from Yogg 0).

Last edited by Whysokrai on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next