[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - 85 Holy Paladin

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: 85 Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:36 pm 

Character Name: Fireflambe
Character Class: Paladin
Days Played: 167
Days Played at 85: 3
Alt(s): Hwajeh

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
19, Turning 20 on January 7th. I live in Massachusetts, USA.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
I have been in many guilds over the years, as far as the relevant ones, I was in Six Sevens for the first half of WotLK, I then server transferred and played with Vodka for a few months, did not enjoy it, so I left and found myself in my current guild, Conquest. They are good folks and solid players but they are going towards PvP, and that does not work for me, so I am leaving on good terms looking for a PvE guild to call home. As far as my reasons for selecting Immo, it is not very complicated, I was on Skullcrusher during a lot of WotLK, and as such heard many good things about Immo, so I decided that it would be a good fit for me.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
Posting on this thread.

4. How did you hear about us?
Question 2 kind of answers that.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... mbe/simple

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes.

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
I am currently filling this application out at work so I cannot link my gaming computers specs, but I can say that it is current, with plenty of RAM and a current graphics card. I also have a 20Mbps so my connection is rock solid. As far as ultra settings, the simple answer is no, but in all fairness I don't have the money for a $3000 computer and high is plenty for anything relevant to raiding.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mape ... alingDone/

these logs are from out first raid night where we made 2 attempts on Magmaw and 9 attempts on Omnitron.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
I did not play during vanilla, but I did raid during TBC, I was not a serious raider there and I only got to the first couple of bosses in BT. When WotLK released I got serious about raiding and I ended up clearing everything with the exception of the Algalon 25 and H LK. Now in Cata, I have made several attempts on Magmaw, Omnitron and I have killed Halfus Wyrmbreaker and Theralion and Valiona on 25-Man.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
Stat & Spell Priorities:
At the moment I am focusing on a balance between spirit and intellect, with the emphasis on making sure I have enough intellect to maximise my spirit, without neglecting mp5. I am reforging crit into spirit primarily, as far as secondary stat, i would have to say haste, since I have 17 mastery already, it just isn't worth it in my opinion, now I may be wrong on that from a throughput perspective and I am happy to take any advice offered, but that is what I have been doing. As far as spell priorities, I believe I sort of answered this already but I will answer it again in more depth. For starters, with the new changes, holy shock is now #1 on the priority list for me, exlcuding of course when I have 3 Holy Power, then I would prioritize either Word of Glory if I am tank healing, or Light of Dawn if I am raid healing or the raid simply needs the heals more than the tank. I then would spam Holy Light, if the damage is not intense, between holy shocks and if the raid is taking collective damage beyond a reasonable point for just the raid healers to maintain, I would blow my Holy Radiance, since it is costly and I don't have 120k mana like I will when I am full epic and have my 4 piece bonus to negate the tremendous cost of Holy Radiance. At this point all that is left is really the CDs, as far as that goes, I don't really see them as a priority based decision, I see them as purely situational, I will blow Divine Plea when there is a lull in damage and Avenging Wrath, Guardian of the Ancient Kings, and Divine Favor, which I would either blow all at once or split up based on the severity of the situation.

Glyphs:
Primes - Word of Glory (10% bonus on an oh shit damage spike spell is awesome)
Divine Favor (10 seconds more of god mode when shit hits the fan is a raid saver)
Seal of Light (5% increase to all heals speaks for itself I believe, but in case its shy, the more heals the better)

Majors - Divinity (10% additional mana back means if you are low on mana, this will add up to 20% of your total mana)
Divine Plea (5% additional adds up over a long fight and with our gear being fail right now, fights are longer)
Long Word (A HoT is something paladins don't naturally have, so having one can give a little wiggle room)

Minors - none of these are particularly relevant, but seal of insight is a small mana saver in case it falls off during a fight, the same applies to the blessing glyphs, which I chose for the same reason.

As far as what makes me good at my class, it is a simple case of experience, which is all that really makes a player good. I have seen a lot and I have always had fun.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I am on 6PM-1AM EST during the weekdays and almost always on during the weekends.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
That is why god invented laptops.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I offer you a raid ready holy paladin with some experience in current content and tons of motivation to make up for the rest. I try hard, I put up big numbers, I don't die to stupid shit and the reason you should accept me is because I will commit to those things more than anybody else you have your sights on. I love raiding and I love raiding with a guild that is filled with people that love raiding, I understand how stressful a hardcore progression guild can be, but you guys seem to keep it loose and that is great.

Post subject: Re: 85 Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:50 pm 
Update your armory with holy gear please

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:30 pm 

I am in holy gear now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:54 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Actually a rather well written application for once. Your screenshot makes sad though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:25 am 

I know that my UI is not fancy and maybe loses points on efficiency in your eyes but I have completely memorized every part of the setup and I know how to make it work for me. I am happy to get any advice on UIs and I am always making tweaks, so I consider my UI to be in a constant state of change.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:36 pm 
Go ahead and xfer over.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:25 pm 

Thank you, I will transfer over when I get home from work, most likely about 6 PM EST. I look forward to being a member of Immo.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 pm 

I am actually, that was a good catch, it is kalisthetically easier to have my keybinds set up like this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]