[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Shin 85 Protection Warrior

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:38 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Character Name: Shin
Character Class: Warrior
Days Played: 250
Days Played at 85: 3
Alt(s): Linaa

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
I'm 23 years old and I'm from Toronto, Ontario.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Currently I'm in a guild named Of Doom, they are a small guild and I joined them when Cataclysm first came out as my guild leader from vanilla WoW was in it. I was in Lessons of Brutallity during the Burning Crusade and Lich King. I have left them because i was inactive for a long time, probably about a year or longer and in between my account has been compromised so thats how I became guildless coming back into WoW.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
Posting on this thread or in game.

4. How did you hear about us?
As a player from the beginning of WoW, Immortality has always been heard as a top tier guild. When I played and started to socialize with the server, Immortality was often brought up in many conversations.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... hin/simple

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
Yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
My computer system is currently...
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
3 GB Ram
32 Bit Operating System
The graphics card is a Asus EAH5670 Series
I don't usually play on maximum settings but its usually on High settings on default so i'm able to avoid void zones or dangerous obsitcles on the ground and what not.

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
I unfortunately don't have a World of Logs records. I was inactive for a while so it would also be very outdated if I were to have one

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
I've raided since Vanilla WoW, I was the main tank of Winds Of Fury which were a medicore guild who took down Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and some of AQ40. In The Burning Cursade I continued as my role as a tank and did Tempest Keep, SerpentShrine Cavern and parts of Mount Hyjal. When Lich King came around, being a tank was the thing I enjoyed most so i followed it and tanked Naxx 10 and 25, Malygos and Ice Crown Citadel up until the Abomination Wing when i stopped playing.
Being a tank is a crucial role in WoW and many of the encoutners rely on the tank heavily. I realize this and by being the main tank / tank of each encounter, I was able to conquer a majority of bosses in instances.

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.

As there are a lot more classes to choose from to tank nowadays, I realize the importance of being a warrior tank. We aren't the best but we are most certainly the most versitle. With the talent *Warbringer*, which enables to charge and intercept in mid battle keeps the warrior mobile at all times. Additional avalible to warrior tanks only which is spell reflect, that skill is invaluable as it has often been more than useful in a lot of encounters. With Shockwave, Rend + Thunderclap and Cleaves, it makes aoe tanking a more fun and easy experience for my group members.
As my WoW armory shows, i've speced both my Primary Talents and Secondary Talents as Protection. My Primary Talent is built in which I am able to do maximum damage as a tank and therefore hold the maximum threat level as I can. Having *Cruelty* and *War Acadamy* increases damage done as well as the critical chance. The Secondary Talents is built towards more survival, having the talent *Field Dressing*, *Blood Craze*, *Second Wind* and even *Impending Victory*. Each of those talents are crucial to extra healing done or self healing done to stay alive.
My rotation is different per pull, if it were a pull where I had to tank multiple mobs my opener would be Rend --> Thunderclap --> Shockwave --> Revenge (if proced) and then single target the first mob to be killed and use Shield block + Shield Slam --> Devistate and then constantly use Thunderclap and Shockwave whenever the cooldown is up. For a pull for a boss I would usually just go ahead and open with a shield block + shield slam --> Rend --> Thunderclap --> Disarm (If possible) --> Demoralization Shout --> and Devistate, making sure Thunderclap and Demoralization Shout is constantly up all the while.
Whenver I see a caster casting a spell and I don't have time to interupt the spell casting, Shield Reflect will be used to attempt to relfect the offensive spell back at the user.

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
My schedule is quite heavy, I currently have an internship until 5 pm from Monday's to Friday's and on top of that I have a part time job. Tuesday is the day I won't be able to raid but other days seem perfect for me.

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... 3010-1.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
If my house were on fire and I were raiding, I'd let you guys know over vent and alt + f4 out of WoW and get the hell out of my house.

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
I think I would be a great asset to the guild as I'm a full time tank and its something I truly enjoy doing. Even if I weren't to raid, knowing that there is a good tank to rely on to do 5 man's is always a good thing. I personally don't like to brag about myself but many members of Immortality have grouped with me in the past so please ask them to give additional feedback about me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:47 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I entirely vouch for Shin as I was in WoF and LiB with him and have known him for well over 4 years. He's definitely a good tank and has a personality that would fit into Immo.
He's also fun on vent besides the fact that he sounds like a little 13 year old girl.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:58 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Shin is an awesome tank, I raided with him in LiB from the moment I joined until he quit temporarily. Nothing but good things to say about him... Aside from getting yelled at. :elfthong: I'd love to have him join our team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:30 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey Shin,

Why agi gems for a warrior?

Why the non stam gems?

I noticed none of your gear is reforged, is it all itemized perfectly?

You have two prot specs, what do you use each for?

Why not get your Therazane rep to honored to get the first shoulder enchant before working on others to Exalted? (Honored is easy to hit with dailies as well)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:43 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Hey

I choose agility over stam and str is because i trust in avoidance than just stacking stam, thats just how i've always been.

As for reforging, it mostly is to what i want it, I have a good balance between parry, dodge and mastery with enough hit and expertise. So as of right now i'm quite satisfied. But of course once I have more gear, this will be revised once again.

As for the shoulder enchant that is one thing I do admit that i need to work on, I've cleared up to most of the Deepholm's quest line, so that would be changing soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Ooh I recognize this one!

Fleas we really need to work on the Wotlk app... sheesh :p

1. What is your position on achievements?
2. Do you PvP?
3. Do you have any interest in going and doing the bosses you missed? (In ICC and such)
4. How hardcore are you 10 being (Fuck yeah, I pee in a bottle, and its a fucking 2 liter not like your weak bladdered itty bitty bottle Imdril) to 1 -- (Sorry guys I really cannot do anything today I have to go watch Twilight for 19th time with Surter -- and we are going to watch all the movies and go in costume and yeah..)
5. Have any stories of people from Immo you like to share?
6. Okay -- you are old school so you will understand this -- I don't like people who are just going to be members, who cares? You are going to be Immo -- how are you going to make a name for yourself? I want people to go "Holy Shit thats Shin he is bloody amazing" or really even "holy shit, Shin.. lets kill him, god damn immo bastard" -- I would hate it if someone goes shin, meh leave him alone poor little thing -- so how are you going to redefine your role?
7. Also are you wave 2 or wave 3 in Fleas's grand plan of taking over the guild as a Canadian guild.. I am not speaking French... Fleas.. no futre vous!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:16 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

1. The way how I see achievements is like *Icing on a Cake*, if we can do it thats extra gravy, but if we aren't at that level yet, then gear up some more, understand the fight more then reattempt it.

2. I don't PvP too much as time restrictions and what not, so extra time i have i spend it on farming for stuff.

3.I definately do have interest on going back to doing old bosses, they sure bring back all the good and bad memories!

4. I would consider myself maybe an 8 or so, I understand real life issues does happen and it needs to be tended but if I'm there to raid, I'd want people, including myself, to absolutely focused and ready to kill.

5. I don't have any particular story that stands out with Immortality, but I do know quite a few members in Immortality, like with Sallvation, we've made her go bear to tank a lot and she hated it but we still made her do it anyways because we all loved her so much.

6. I'd personally like to have a reputation of when someone sees me, they would recognize me as a solid tank and the best way to be recognized as that is be simply focus on what needs to be done for each encounter.

7. I'll probably be the 3rd wave, but fear not, i don't know any ounce of French so I probably will be clueless to what they say.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:44 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:34 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

None taken, I have been inactive for a while so things have changed without me realizing this, but thanks for the headsup, I'll defiantely be looking into that

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:58 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I would go to Elitist Jerks. They are pretty much the best resource compendium for every class, barring a few DPS spreadsheets here and there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:10 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Thanks! That was great help! I've revised my gear once more after reading a lot of their posts

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]