Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:00 am 

Character Name: Zerkz
Character Class: fury warr
Days Played: 90 days on this toon
Days Played at 80: 14 days currebtly at 85
Alt(s): starflail 85 troll druid, skillshÔt 79 worgen hunter

--- General Information ---

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
24, from the chicago area, i just got out of the navy 2 months ago after 5 yrs and im happy to have more time playing wow, im laid back and easy going, i also like long walks on the beach and spooning.

2. What guilds (if any) have you been in? If so, why did you leave? If you are a server transfer, why did you pick Immo/Skullcrusher?
Currently in death and destruction on horde side, im looking for a new guild becuase i feel that im better suited for a guild that is more my caliber, and there is just way to much down time between pulls/wipes, and to much idle chatter in vent when we should be doing attempts on bosses, if also been in adept for a short stint, and did some ulduar raiding with vodka.

3. What is the best way to contact you?
my email bossman302@msn.com

4. How did you hear about us?
ive been on skullcrusher for awhile now and ive played both alliance and horde and have seen you guys around.

--- Raiding Information ---

5. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... rkz/simple my new MH isnt enchanted yet because i just got it tonight and some of my reforged stuff isnt quite accurate becuase ive been doing some trial and error with it to see what gives me the most dps

6. Do you have Ventrilo and/or a mic to communicate with your prospective guild members?
yes and yes

7. What are your computer specs and internet connection? Can you handle max graphic settings at a reasonable framerate in a 25 man raid?
core i7 965,12gb ram,4870x2 2gb graphics card, liquid cooled, the works, im usually at 60ms latency and i run 60 fps all the time

8. Please attach some World of Logs records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted (Learning from mistakes and not repeating them again makes for much better raiders and shows us you can learn and adapt).
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lcdl6 ... 061&e=7447
i didnt do as well as i could have becuase after wiping on magmaw 6 times and having to keep stopping dps because fury warr spike threat is so high right now and our MT has a hard time with threat generation. But tonight i did pull 18.5k dps but unfortunatley our wol guy left for reckless tonight so we had no parses, so i have no way to prove it other then you trusting me that im not bs'ing you.

9. Tell us about your raiding experience. Go into any pertinent details about what you killed and what guild(s) you've killed it with. Let us know if it was pre-nerf or post-nerf. Tell us about how you made a difference and helped your past guild achieve those kills. How does your class role play into all of this?
Vanilla: up to cthun in aq 40
Bc: up to swp thats when i joined the navy
Wotlk: everything killed LK post nerf but mainly due to the fact i was underway 6 months of the year
Cata: currently 7/12 attempted every boss but nefarion and cho'gall

10. Tell us about your class. Likes, dislikes, etc. What makes you good at your class? Tell us a little about gear, your class, situational gear, specs, and how it all relates to your flexibility in raiding. Go into high detail about your rotations/spells/abilities you use, how it maximizes your job and why.
I like almost everything about warriors except the spike threat that we have it makes it a real pain when first starting dps on a boss, ive been a fury warr since i started playing in vanilla 5 and a half years ago, for my rotation i start out with battleshout for my 30 rage, then i bloodthirst, berserker rage, raging blow, then rotate between bloodthirst and raging blow until i have >50 rage then i throw in heroic strike and slam whenever its and instant proc, i usually save most of my cd's like recklessness and death wish for when we pop lust/timewarp/w/e unless its going to be a long fight then i use them earlier if i know they will be off cd by the time lust is popped

11. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid? Our raid start at 8:00pm EST and last until 12am midnight. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
I can raid anytime any day

12. Please post up a link to a screenshot of your User Interface.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll17 ... 193441.jpg

13. If your house was on fire, and you were raiding with us, what would you do?
Tell the fire to hold on im in the middle of a raid

14. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are the players that we want in our guild.
Well i like to have fun in the game and i can take criticism well and am always looking for ways to improve my playing style and skill, im vocal on vent, not afraid to tell ppl when they are screwing up and i expect the same to be said to me when i screw up, i like to raid i enjoy pve content the most i like pvp to but not as much, but right now im just slamming my head against the wall in my current guild because it just seems like this content is to hard for some of them, but i show up to every raid unless something drastic comes up, i also dont get drunk/high w/e during raids like some of our current ppl do because ive learned from my mistakes doing that. Overall im an all around good guy and i know how to play my class well, ive been doing it for awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

You say you did everything in BC up to SWP, but your rep does not show this. What character(s) did you play during this time and would you understand references from fights in BT, SSC, and TK?

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:41 am 

I played through those on my warlock which was unfortunatley hacked shortly after we had downed illidan and i was unable to recover him, and yes i would understand references from the fights.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 am 

i also dont get drunk/high w/e during raids like some of our current ppl do because ive learned from my mistakes doing that.

Clearly doing it wrong, or with the wrong people. Then again that's me :)

Realistically though, you have pretty solid gear, and it's nice to see that you spent gold to get yourself some solid items, although obviously gold doesn't equal skill. Gearing looks solid, I'm not sure about the 40 hit gem's to make meh socket bonuses since going over hit cap should come below str crit and mastery then again I'm not online and I'm not sure if theres better gem's vs matching socket colors for you and what not. You haven't fought Neff or Cho'gall and teaching a fight isn't a huge problem but being aware of fights like this won't hurt you, are you aware of how those fights play out and your role in them? Do you actively put the time in watching tankspot vid's (or whatever your choice of learning is) and paying attention so your aware of how to at least roughly play out a boss you haven't fought and haven't downed before? Anyways seem's like a solid app but I will say we're tight on melee from what I know atm, but I'll let officers and what not figure that out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:10 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Zerkz,

I like you -- you put in time to do a decent app -- the way we run things is that we have 4 guild 10 man groups that run raids.. now -- that is 40 people. I am not convinced that there is space for another group with our current roster. Maybe one or two alt runs at the end of the month. And I do not think a person who has put as much effort into their application should be put in with the "Alt" group.

Now, you are free to continue to apply if you want to stick around to see if there are some spots that show up in one of the 10 man groups. You do well, you make a name for yourself, and there will be a spot for you. So I am going to leave that up to you to decide. There are other benefits to being part of Immortality. You will get camped by random guilds when doing dailies, you will get an opportunity to do legacy raids, you get to celebrate Kumo day on the 19th of January (All hail the critter lord).

So if you are still interested, answer the following questions.

1. Your pvp ability? 10 being godlike -- to 1 forehead smasher
2. What is your opinion on achievements?
3. Are alts for losers?
4. Can you lead a raid without hurting peoples feelings?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:39 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Xfer if you like.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]