[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - Fanfaron - Prot Warrior

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fanfaron - Prot Warrior
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 am 

Character Name:

Fanfaron

Character Class:

Warrior

Days Played:

118 days played (Just on this toon. 16 on my priest, 15 on my DK, probably had about 130 on my mage.)

Alt(s):

Sayerie, 85 disc priest (Horde), Xunag, 80 DK, spec tbd - will be leveling him soon (Horde)

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?

24. Boulder, CO.

2. Why Immo?

I'm seeking a top-tier guild to tank in where my skills and time won't be wasted.

3. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.

4. Tell us about your raiding experience.

I raided casually during vanilla on my mage; ZF, MC, BWL, AQ20/40. Played mage in BC until Gruul's; made my prot warrior and fell in love with tanking. Was promptly recruited by a top-tier guild on Tichondrius. After a couple months, I was promoted over the other prot warrior to MT, officer. tank lead and raid leader. Tanked many ZG timed chest runs. Guild slowly fell apart as we were progression through BT and were stuck on Illidan.

Quit WoW for a bit, came back for wotlk, server transferred to Elune, formed my own guild at the release of x-pac and server 4th'd KT. As we were working on Malygos, the guild fell apart as I had to take a month absence to attend to RL matters. I came back shortly after Ulduar was released, applied and was recruited as co-MT (Goddamn dk's were op for certain fights at that time. They made me share the glory. I off-specced Arms and was top5'ing the dps meters in naxx25/ulduar10 gear, goddamn scrubs.) to server 2nd progression guild on Antonidas. Downed Yogg 3 lights and various HM's. There were about 7-8 people in the guild that were being carried so we got stuck on Iron Council HM. Because of this, I decided to quit yet again; a month straight of wiping to this encounter 4 nights a week without progressing, while other guilds started passing us, and with the same idiots constantly fucking up over and over drained me.

I created my priest at the launch of ICC and 2 healed up to 11/12 after being 85 for two weeks with a GS of 4.7k. Made a DK tank, same dealio. Recruited to MT on my DK for an ICC25 guild after they pugged me to tank one for them. Ended up benching the DK and gquitting because it was too faceroll for my taste. Killed LK on my priest with a 10s group from the prior guild before quitting WoW.

I'm back now for Cataclysm, I hit 85 on my warrior 2 weeks ago and 85 on my priest a week ago; I've been gearing up both through heroics.

5. What are your thoughts on pvp? Are you very good at pvp and do you dedicate much time to it?

Good stuff. Replaced an arms warrior for a 3's and carried the hybrid holy/ret pally and enhancement shaman who were stuck at 1500 up to 2200 during Ulduar (Season 6?) with a crappy Ironsoul as my weapon (no achievement, PR was ~1700, team rating 2200). I'm good at pvp but it's always been difficult to find a good comp that's serious about ranking up (Guess I should've stayed on Tichondrius, eh?). I've got 54 keybindings, I've been told that's got something to do with it (realistically I only use about 36 during combat).

I'll have a lot of time to dedicate to it once I'm finished gearing up for PvE via heroics.

6. How do you feel about achievements?

Yes, please. This base encounters in this game aren't very challenging. Achievements spice it up a bit.

7. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid?

Anytime after 4pm MST Mon-Thurs, after 5pm Fri, anytime during the weekends.

8. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are a player we want in our guild.

I play to win. If I'm not that best at something, I constantly strive to improve until I am the best. High situational awareness, extremely quick response times, ability to learn & adapt quickly. Strong communication & leadership skills (if you need someone to run another 10 man, or another raid leader, I'm your man). I'm very good at revising strats for encounters to make them easier. If given the authority, I'm very vocal on vent; making crucial spur of the moment raid calls or revising strats mid-fight.

I've not seen a similar tank; I believe that the key concepts behind tanking are positioning, mobility and awareness.

Proper mob positioning is crucial to maximize dps and reduce incoming damage.

Mobility is crucial towards positioning and tank survivability; you'll see me moving, intervening and charging all over the place.

Obviously awareness goes for everyone, but this goes hand in hand with boss positioning; you have to know how close/far to stand near a boss and where the boss should be placed and when it should be moved in order to position your melee dps and casters/healers to maximize their survivability, among many other things.

I could probably write an entire novel on tanking, but I'll end here. If you made it this far through my lengthy post, I look forward to chatting with you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:50 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Your gear is slightly behind where it should be before starting raids, but not too badly. You have no exalted Cata reps and as a result have not acquired the items from them, working on your rep and getting the easy to acquire gear should be your first priority. Your app is well written and beams with confidence, there are a lot of failures in your past with guilds which is slightly concerning. D

Dek take a look at this and tell me if he is full of shit or not.

Popularity is nothing...Principles are forever. -G.W.B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 pm 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

I think we're good on tanks atm. We seem to be running a bit heavy on melee dps too (someone else might want to confirm this)

I think at this point we might need healers and range dps more than anything; you might be able to snag a spot as a tank in any new 10s that might rise up during the weekends etc. but like Dante said, you need to grind rep/heroics a bit more and improve your gear

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]