[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Immortality • View topic - 85 Resto shaman / Resto druid

Immortality

A World of Warcraft Guild
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 am 

Character Name: Chozodruid
Character Class: Restoration Druid
Days Played: 154 days

Character Name: Shamazo
Character Class: Restoration Shaman
Days Played: 18 days

Alts: None other than the above to speak of

1. Tell us a little about yourself: How old are you? Where are you from?
My name is Andrew. I am 21 years old, and am a senior college student studying Computer Science at Texas Tech University. I've played wow since the original beta, back when the level cap was 30, and taurens could run very very fast. I've played my druid since about the time vanilla was released, and have played ever since. I play paintball for the school paintball team, enjoy snowboarding and wakeboarding, and am an active amxmodx scripter (which is plugins for the counter-strike / half-life 1 engine).

2. Why Immo?
Having been around Skullcrusher since vanilla, I know how strong of a base Immo must have to have lasted so long. Also, I know how Immo strives for alliance firsts on the server, and I believe that is what I want in a guild. I always strive to perform at my best in a raid environment, and I think I would be a good fit into Immo's end game raiding.

3. Post your armory link. Post any info not available on armory.
Shaman - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... azo/simple
Druid - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... uid/simple

4. Tell us about your raiding experience.
I honestly have set foot in or done every instance since the game was released. Going into detail :
Vanilla -
Raided as a resto druid throughout all of the content. I did ZG, AQ20/40, MC, BWL, and a small portion of Naxx (never could quite get Maexxna down).
BC -
Raided as a fury warrior throughout all content until Sunwell. Fully cleared Kara, Gruuls, Mags, TK, SSC, and up to RoS in BT. When Sunwell was released, played resto druid again up to M'uru pre-nerf, where guild disbanded out of retardedly hard fight.
Wrath -
Raided as resto druid throughout all content. I did Naxx10/25, Sarth 3D, All VoA bosses, Ulduar 10/25 HM up to yogg +1 (but never got him), as well as algalon on 10man, ICC 10 HM full clear, 25 full HM clear up to LK (never quite got him down). Never did ruby sanctum, had a hiatus for a while there.
Cataclysm -
Raided as my resto shaman through current content. I have done BWD 10man all the way up to nefarian and Bastion up to Cho'gall.

5. What are your thoughts on pvp? Are you very good at pvp and do you dedicate much time to it?
I was a full brutal and furious gladiator (furious title, not brutal), on my druid during BC. Have never really gotten back into PvP since then, but I still do enjoy doing it on the off occasion. I think I am good at PvP but I don't really dedicate a lot of time to it now. Being my senior year of school, I don't commit to it nearly as much as I used to.

6. How do you feel about achievements?
I love achievements. My druid has the Insane title, sooo.... yeah :)

7. What is your schedule like? What times during the week can you raid?
I can raid Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs from around 7pm server to whenever. Wednesday I can raid from late, maybe 10pm till whenever.

8. General Comments about yourself to us. This is your opportunity to convince us that you are a player we want in our guild.
I've played WoW since the vanilla days, and I am really looking forward to bringing my raiding skills to the table and being a part of Immo's raiding team. I also know a few people in Immo, and raiding with friends is always more fun. More fun = more want to be better at the game, and so on.

Thanks for taking the time to read my app! I don't really care at this point which toon I raid on, but I would really prefer my druid (even though he isn't as geared) as opposed to my Shaman. I thought I would try him out with the new expansion, but I definitely like my druid a lot more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 am 

We need resto shams. This is a resto sham. We can't lose.
But no honestly he's annoying but good and I've known him for a long time. As long as you don't let him talk it's totally worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 am 
I know nothing of druids so I'll just chime in here on the shaman side of your app.

Your choice of trinkets, please explain why you've decided to go with these two at this point.

You have the water shield glyph, why?

You have 3 Reckless topaz and 1 Potent topaz in your gear. I can see that you're reforging away from crit at every turn so why the crit/int gem?

What's your current view and stance on Rshaman mastery?

How would you rank our secondary stats in terms of a:throughput and b:regen?

You are not specced into TC, doing so severely gimps you on fights such as magmaw, maloriak and halfus. Explain your reasoning behind the choice to skip this talent. If you were to respec and grab TC, were would you drop 2 points from?

Which effects are factored into the new Mana Tide Totem aside from our spirit?

Do you have any recent logs to share?

You have chosen to enchant heartsong over power torrent, why?

Edit: You claim to have done all current content sans Nef and Cho'gall yet you have not completed any of ToTFW, are you a liar or did you merely forget where you have been and what bosses you have killed?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:51 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:09 am 
Flask of Flowing Water, spirit food, Heartsong proc, T11 4piece, Jar of Ancient Remedies and DMC: Tsunami all are added towards the new MTT if proced/up when you drop tide. With the change to MTT CoR, which was once amazing for us, now becomes extremely mediocre, to put it lightly. It comes out to only granting 180 mp5 if used on cooldown, your JC trinket even less. Blood of Isiset and Tears of Blood would all be better in terms of regen based on their proc compared to the two you're currently using.

I'll give you that you never claimed to have killed it all but you implied you had. Saying you've raided through current content then going on to say which bosses you haven't killed in this current tier in Nef and Cho'gall but omitting Throne is eh =/.

On the PT vs HS debate you have to take into account where your mana is at the end of every fight. If you're not oom you could do away with some regen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:27 am 
Work on getting your reps up also. Seems silly to not have some of the more important ones, if not all, capped at this point in the expansion. You may also want to look into the Baradin's Warden Trinket. With the proc being changed from mastery to int it is very viable now and a big step up from your current trinkets.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 am 
If are willing to invest some time into your character, IMO the guild should invest time into this guy. He seems to have a good idea of what he's doing and if he's willing to take advice from others we should really pick him up. Another resto shammy would be great.

How is your ele gear / dps?
If we were short ranged dps and asked you to go ele how comfortable would you be raiding as ele for a fight or two?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 am 
<Immortality>
<Immortality>

Just to flip it over to the druid, why no Nature's cure or Nature's swiftness? Your druid's gear looks to be all gemmed, enchanted and reforged correctly. You might look into the Apple Bent Bough offhand from justice points as a little upgrade. You can also buy the Shimmering Morningstar from Baradin's to replace the hit mace or as I would recommend, farm conquest points for a couple weeks and get a pvp weapon. Which do you enjoy playing more, your shaman or druid?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:34 pm 

Recruited welcome to Immortality send either Fleas or Estheremo a tell ingame

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]